Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

The only bet for me today is Man City to win against Fulham. This season they've failed to beat only Utd, Arsenal and Everton at home, which is perfectly understandable. When it comes to teams not fighting for a top 4 finish, they've won 7 from 7, and Fulham are pretty poor of late and poor on the road. I think 1.29 is more than fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Ya I just signed up and 178 was the limit on bayern player to get 2 and sunderland to score a goal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

seanhynes wrote: »
    Ya I just signed up and 178 was the limit on bayern player to get 2 and sunderland to score a goal

178.57 :pac:

Just joined them myself - for that bet.

Hope someone scores 2 now:D

Any player to score 2 or more in Pool game is nearly 3/1...Suarez loves scoring against them and is 5/2 on his own to score 2 or more on pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

BlueBaron wrote: »

Did reading not come back from 2-0 down and win 3-2 in their last game?:confused::confused:

Yes you are 100% correct but that's their home record you are discussing my bet relates to their away record so if your going to pick holes in the bet please base it on their away stats

Reading have the worse away record in Europe from what I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Pitch inspection at Shamrock Park but game goes ahead. Cliftonville barely odds against to win. I'd be inclined to pass on this one as Ports are good at home and the conditions sound horrendous.

over 2.5 goals is the bet last 6 matches has seen over 2.5, 5 of them over 3.5

Double
    Portadown v Cliftonville
    Over 2.5 goals 3/5

Ballinamallard v Glenavon
    Over 2.5 goals 3/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

seanhynes wrote: »

I signed up to have a look and the limit for sterling is £299, in case any big spender possesses a sterling account and wished to exceed 178 euro for their bet.

magherakid wrote: »
    over 2.5 goals is the bet last 6 matches has seen over 2.5, 5 of them over 3.5

Thought about that but conditions will affect performances today. Plus the last couple of times I saw Cliftonville live, they were grinding out 1-0s.

Thought about that but conditions will affect performances today. Plus the last couple of times I saw Cliftonville live, they were grinding out 1-0s.

three 1-0 results in 25 league games

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pieters who was sent off for PSV last night after returning from the very lengthy injury, Punched and broke a window and now needs surgery on his hand.....

Out for weeks

Not stupid at all if you are just back from an injury that kept you out for 9 months.

three 1-0 results in 25 league games

I can pick em, can't I?
    Going to the league cup final next week. Get on 1-0 now.

• Advertisement

I can pick em, can't I?
    Going to the league cup final next week. Get on 1-0 now.

don't jinx it now................ big game next week hopefully they come out on top

don't jinx it now................ big game next week hopefully they come out on top

Great to have the Crues in the final. To be honest, they weren't second best in the Solitude tie at Christmas, so this one could go either way. I expect it to be tight, and maybe even go to extra time. I just don't want to see a repeat of some previous cup finals the Reds have been involved in, where dodgy refereeing marred the match.

Crues had a right few chances that day, goal ruled out for offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Today's pics all home wins.

Blackburn Rovers
    Crystal Palace
    Leeds
    Waterford
    Doncaster Rovers
    Brentford

I've not had a win in five months.

Crues had a right few chances that day, goal ruled out for offside

They can feel hard done by that result and will no doubt be seeking to avenge it. I feel the Reds are the stronger side and are comfortable playing at Windsor, but the final really could go either way. I hope that the players come through poor playing conditions in Portadown today unscathed. Another reason I'll be avoiding a punt on that game is because I fear one or two players might have half a mind on next week's game tbh.

Blackburn Rovers
    Crystal Palace
    Leeds
    Waterford
    Doncaster Rovers
    Brentford

Sorry to hear that. Do you always bet accumulators? Maybe consider scaling back to singles and doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Today's fancies:
    Sunderland +1 away to Wigan & Qpr +1 away to west ham double. Fancy 1 to win and 1 to draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Sorry to hear that. Do you always bet accumulators? Maybe consider scaling back to singles and doubles.

I've always done accumulators and pick wins, i never pick a draw between teams. I was up a good bit last season just nothing the last few months. Nothing to be sorry about. I probably just mix it up a bit like you suggest.

I'm always sorry when people aren't taking money off bookies. Maybe trim down the size of your accies at least. It only takes one leg to blow a whole bet after all. If you're betting singles and doubles, then one mistake won't blow your punting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Suarez anytime @4/7 that's a great price I don't like the man and am a Liverpool supporter but he is one of the form strikers at the moment bagged a hatrick last day out against the canaries hard to see him not scoring today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Sorry lads for another Betfair noob question...

But it seems very difficult to do doubles/trebles with any markets other than the match result...I tried double of Man City/Liverpool -1 and no luck...

Why are these markets not covered by fixed odds?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

francie81 wrote: »
    Suarez anytime @4/7 that's a great price I don't like the man and am a Liverpool supporter but he is one of the form strikers at the moment bagged a hatrick last day out against the canaries hard to see him not scoring today.

It's about the only bet I can see worth taking a punt on to be honest. Nothing else jumps out at me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Blackburn Rovers
    Crystal Palace
    Leeds
    Waterford
    Doncaster Rovers
    Brentford

Try a single or safe double to get back on track and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Does anyone know what the weather is like in England at the moment? No frozen/snow covered pitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bayern v furth

Gone for 2nd half to have most goals @ 21/20.
    Bundesliga is back. I'm hoping the break will effect the players and furth will surely defend like beavers

Does anyone know what the weather is like in England at the moment? No frozen/snow covered pitches?

Not much trouble for the top flight teams in England, lots of games called off in the lower leagues. There was snow on the pitch at west brom but this has been cleared and the game is going ahead.

I see Remy is making his debut today for qpr. Lass how good is this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Not much trouble for the top flight teams in England, lots of games called off in the lower leagues. There was snow on the pitch at west brom but this has been cleared and the game is going ahead.

I see Remy is making his debut today for qpr. Lass how good is this guy?

He's a good player, he's quick and has a good technique. He picked up a really bad injury at the end of last season and hasn't been able to return to his best and didn't get a lot of playing time at Marseille because of that. He's a much better player than Cissé though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sturridge starting with Suarez. He's scored (iirc) one in each of his games for Pool so far. 4/5 anytime. Wondering if it's better value than Suarez at 8/15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

10/1 Norwich win 5/1 the draw. Quite tempting, especially considering that carragher starts.

• Advertisement

He's a good player, he's quick and has a good technique. He picked up a really bad injury at the end of last season and hasn't been able to return to his best and didn't get a lot of playing time at Marseille because of that. He's a much better player than Cissé though.

Good mawn lass, might have a small punt on him to score anytime today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement