Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

PSV - Benfica (final of some tournament in Poland)

Benfica: Moraes, Luisao, Luisinho, Javi Garcia, Cardozo, Maxi Pereira, John, Martins, Gaitan, Garay, Saviola.

PSV: Tyton, Zanka, Van Bommel, Toivonen, Wijnaldum, Narsingh, Derijck, Van Ooijen, Depay, Manolev, Ritzmaier

Benfica @2.3 looks value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mazembe seems to be winning so far 2-0

for the 2nd CAF game Al Ahli vs Al zamalek both teams from egypt in one group a big derby game .

all of their last 5 games ended in a draw.. but the local league is out of action as it was suspended and both teams are likely to concede goals.

both teams to score at 1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Ponte Preta vs Fluminense OVER 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

CL / EL treble:
    Under 3.5 in Linfield v AEL Limassol
    Sheriff Tiraspol
    Aktobe
    @ 1.97

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions
    Norrköping v Djurgårdens IF
    Norrköping: Frempong (10/1), A. Tankovic (2/0), Telo (7/0)
    Djurgårdens IF: Pedersen (10/1), Rajalakso (15/1), Span (5/1), Hellquist (6/0), Youssef (6/1)

pick 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

kev250 wrote: »
    Ponte Preta vs Fluminense OVER 2.5

I was on that too, fierce exciting last few minutes and a late late penalty to win the bet :D

I've a double from Iceland & Russia today, both games have nice high price.

Valur Reykjacik, Iceland, to win &
    Rubin Kazan, Russia, to win
    double is 4.00 on bet 365

After timing and all that but i dont care.

At the end of last season there was a article in the dutch newspapers about Raymond Verheijen and some research he had been doing.

It is translated from Dutch but pretty easy to understand. Research he had done was based on 27.000 matches and basically comes down that if a team has only 2 days between a European matches and a league match they have 40% less chance to win this league match

With that in the back of my mind i took yesterdays LOI matches double chance UCD and Cork.
    Both got a draw.
    Last season i had a great double of NAC and NEC beating PSV and Twente after those 2 (PSV,Twente) had european matches.

Another prime example i was looking at but didnt take on, was Molde on saturday. Viking was 6/1 and won.

I will be looking out for more next weekend after this weeks euro matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I see Ibra is 3/1 on PP for top goal scorer. I just rang Boyles as they don't have an online market, and they're still offering a tempting 9/2. Think I'll be popping in to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

How ye folks. Gonna put some beans into my account at 10 tonight, is there many games on after then? :)

inforfun wrote: »
    After timing and all that but i dont care.

At the end of last season there was a article in the dutch newspapers about Raymond Verheijen and some research he had been doing.

It is translated from Dutch but pretty easy to understand. Research he had done was based on 27.000 matches and basically comes down that if a team has only 2 days between a European matches and a league match they have 40% less chance to win this league match

With that in the back of my mind i took yesterdays LOI matches double chance UCD and Cork.
    Both got a draw.
    Last season i had a great double of NAC and NEC beating PSV and Twente after those 2 (PSV,Twente) had european matches.

Another prime example i was looking at but didnt take on, was Molde on saturday. Viking was 6/1 and won.

I will be looking out for more next weekend after this weeks euro matches.

Surely doesn't happen often?

2 days means playing on the Wednesday and then again on the Saturday?

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    How ye folks. Gonna put some beans into my account at 10 tonight, is there many games on after then? :)

Not 1 according to flashscore :D

Maybe there is still some Icelandic matches kicking off for their 2nd half around that time.

Surely doesn't happen often?

2 days means playing on the Wednesday and then again on the Saturday?

Mostly happens with Europa league matches. They are Played on Thursday. Most leagues have all their matches played Sunday latest.

inforfun wrote: »
    Not 1 according to flashscore :D

Maybe there is still some Icelandic matches kicking off for their 2nd half around that time.

Awh noooooooo :(

Early bet but the odds will surely drop:

Aktobe -1 (vs Milsami) @ 1.72

Aktobe need to win by at least 2 goals to qualify, they're VERY strong at home even in Europe and suck away from home. They brought in several good players as they're desperate to play in the group stages (even though that won't happen as their goalkeeper is completely useless). Aktobe WILL win this game, but I hope it will be by at least 2 goals.

Friendly games:

FC Schalke 04 v AC Milan
    FC Schalke 04: without Obasi and Höwedes.
    AC Milan: Ibrahimovic, Silva, van Bommel, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Nesta and Gattuso left the club.

Hamburger SV v Barcelona
    This game is played for the 125th anniversary of the Hamburger SV.
    Hamburger SV: Sternberg is injured.
    Barcelona: Tito Vilanova will take to Hamburg the 10 first team players available, Pinto, Alves, Bartra, Muniesa, Dos Santos, Alexis, Messi, Mascherano, Afellay and Adriano, plus 12 B-players.

To add to that HSV - Barca game.

HSV played 2 matches in Korea this weekend and i can imagine are pretty much knackered from flying back.

Edit: Messi will not play due to a calf injury.
    Not a feigned injury since Barca will now miss out on €1,9 million which they would have received had Messi played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic v Norwich
    Fancy Norwich 11/5

CELTIC: Zaluska; Lustig, Rogne, K. Wilson, Izaguirre; McGeouch, McCourt, F.Twardzik, Samaras; Commons; Murphy

Subs: Forster, Wanyama, Matthews, Hooper, Bangura, Forrest

NORWICH: Ruddy, Whittaker, Ayala, Ward, Tierney, E. Bennett, Crofts, Johnson, Pilkington, Morison, Vaughan

NORWICH Second Half TEAM will be - Ruddy, R. Martin, Barnett, R. Bennett, Lappin, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, C. Martin,. Holt, Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Seems to me that Norwich are fielding a stronger 2nd half team ? ... available now @ 3/1

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Seems to me that Norwich are fielding a stronger 2nd half team ? ... available now @ 3/1

Would it not make sense if they are having a stronger 2nd team to wait until HT? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Would it not make sense if they are having a stronger 2nd team to wait until HT? ;)
    *cough* .. it was lol .. well right on the whistle .. waited that little bit longer and took 7/2 :D

Edit .. better late than never !! on 90 mins

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    *cough* .. it was lol .. well right on the whistle .. waited that little bit longer and took 7/2 :D

Oh sorry :D Thought it was pre game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Celtic v Norwich
    Fancy Norwich 11/5

CELTIC: Zaluska; Lustig, Rogne, K. Wilson, Izaguirre; McGeouch, McCourt, F.Twardzik, Samaras; Commons; Murphy

Subs: Forster, Wanyama, Matthews, Hooper, Bangura, Forrest

NORWICH: Ruddy, Whittaker, Ayala, Ward, Tierney, E. Bennett, Crofts, Johnson, Pilkington, Morison, Vaughan

NORWICH Second Half TEAM will be - Ruddy, R. Martin, Barnett, R. Bennett, Lappin, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, C. Martin,. Holt, Jackson

Norwich Holt 11111111111:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

In Peru tonight i like the look of Cesar Vallejo v Sport Boys to be over 2.5 goals @ 4/5 - Ceasers' home games average 2.75 and Sport Boys away games average 2.66 but for me Ceaser really need to win here to try to get top spot and Sport have scored in their last 5 away games so odds seem about right for a bit of a bet on the overs

Treble for Thursday:
    Under 3.5 in Ordabasy vs Rosenborg
    Aalesund
    Aktobe
    @ 2.10

Ordabasy v Rosenborg: the first leg finished 2-2 so now Ordabasy just need to avoid defeat to go through, Kazakh teams are hard to beat at home so under 3.5 seems a "safeish" bet.

Aalesund have a good record at home in Europe and they're playing against some Albanian team, they should win easily imo.

Aktobe... will win, period :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Brazil Serie B Treble (based on away/home average goal stats and some sense of hope)

Joinville v America RN (Over 2.5)
    Asa AL v Goias (Over 2.5)
    Boa vs América MG (Under 2.5)

@ 5.63

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Brazil Serie B Treble (based on away/home average goal stats and some sense of hope)

Joinville v America RN (Over 2.5) - Ended Under
    Asa AL v Goias (Over 2.5) Ended Under
    Boa vs América MG (Under 2.5) Ended Over

@ 5.63

Could not have went worse. :pac:

Tomorrow it is Vitesse - Lok Plovdiv for the EL

1st macth finished 4-4 and since that match Lok Plovdiv's owner and some players, amongst them 2 defenders have left the club. Seems to be a bit of a mess there.

I took the match goals 2 days ago over 3,3,5 @1.775.

Injuries & suspensions
    Vegalta Sendai v Tokyo
    Vegalta Sendai: Kakuda (17/0), Sekiguchi (15/3), Tomita (17/2)
    Tokyo: Gonda (18/0), Ota (11/0), Hyun Soo (6/0), Tokunaga (18/0), Kajiyama (10/2), Hanyu (8/0), Otake (3/0), Yonemoto (12/0), Hirayama (3/0)

pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

manchester unitedm
    great Britain womens y
    dinamo Zagreb
    40 pound on 110 back bet for today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    In Peru tonight i like the look of Cesar Vallejo v Sport Boys to be over 2.5 goals @ 4/5 - Ceasers' home games average 2.75 and Sport Boys away games average 2.66 but for me Ceaser really need to win here to try to get top spot and Sport have scored in their last 5 away games so odds seem about right for a bit of a bet on the overs

2-2 Nice win to wake up to :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement