Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tinodz wrote: »
    This seems too good to be true.

It's a trap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

tinodz wrote: »
    This seems too good to be true.

It's a trap!!

Well the bookies got the odds wrong for Monaco's first game, they had Monaco -1 @ 3.00... Laval rarely lose at home but Monaco's squad is too good for this league, I watched their first game and they were unimpressive in the first 30 min but they have players who can make the difference (the first goal was scored from a direct free kick), their defense looked solid, I really don't understand the odds on Monaco...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Any thoughts on Brazil Serie B?..Home wins all round look good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Well the bookies got the odds wrong for Monaco's first game, they had Monaco -1 @ 3.00... Laval rarely lose at home but Monaco's squad is too good for this league, I watched their first game and they were unimpressive in the first 30 min but they have players who can make the difference (the first goal was scored from a direct free kick), their defense looked solid, I really don't understand the odds on Monaco...

My "It's a Trap" was just a joke.

I agree Monaco are a really strong team. I had a bet on yesterday's game for them to score two @ 1.90, which I was confident in, and only shied away from a -1 as I thought Tours had a chance at scoring at least one.

Anything over Evens seems like a gift in this game for a basic win bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Meglamonia wrote: »

I was going to go for a Goias v ABC RN and Criciuma v Guarani SP Over 2.5 Double @ 2.62

• Advertisement

I was going to do overs in the Criciuma match but iv read that they are missing their top scoring striker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Meglamonia wrote: »

I bet on whoever the team playing Ipatinga are @1.44. On my phone and can't remember their name. Hopefully it will be straightforward.

Pity the punters lounge is crap these days, use to be handy for the south american stuff but seems no one posts on it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions
    Anderlecht v FK Ekranas
    Anderlecht: -
    FK Ekranas: Ribokas, Velička, Fofana
    pick 1

FC København v Club Brugge
    FC København: Bergvold
    Club Brugge: Stenman, Vlemincx, Jørgensen, Trickovski
    pick 1

CFR Cluj v Slovan Liberec
    CFR Cluj: Panin, Piccolo, Maftei, Hora, Celestino, Rui Pedro, Godemeche, Ganea
    Slovan Liberec: Rabušic, Delarge, Nezmar
    pick X2

A double I'm pretty confident about:
    BATE win or draw
    Under 2.5 in Sheriff Tiraspol vs Dinamo Zagreb
    @ 1.79

Sheriff are a good team with a good GK, but they've always struggled to score in Europe against decent opposition. Even in the previous round against the Armenian champions they only managed to score 2 goals. Also, in their last league game they only scored 1 goal. Sheriff already played vs Dinamo Zagreb a few years back and both games finished 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure what to do with the Spain game tonight. Spain have got nothing yet in the Olympics, so do they just give up or do they try and retain some dignity with a win tonight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

€50 - Celtic to win to nil @2.10.
    BKC wrote: »
    I bet on whoever the team playing Ipatinga are @1.44. On my phone and can't remember their name. Hopefully it will be straightforward.

CRB won 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Lietava v Kėdainiai
    Kicks off at 5pm Lietava should rape Kėdainiai

http://www.soccerway.com/national/lithuania/1-lyga/2012/regular-season/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

magherakid wrote: »
    Lietava v Kėdainiai
    Kicks off at 5pm Lietava should rape Kėdainiai

http://www.soccerway.com/national/lithuania/1-lyga/2012/regular-season/

Great minds! Spotted this earlier, was gonna wait till in play to post it as they'res not many markets, should be more in play.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mmm.. reversed fixture finished 7-2
    I am going to nibble at over 7 or there around if available

Great minds! Spotted this earlier, was gonna wait till in play to post it as they'res not many markets, should be more in play.

Waiting for in play too small stakes on 7-0 8-0, 9-0, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gonna take 1st half Asian -1 if it gets near 1.8

in play market not to good

A double I'm pretty confident about:
    BATE win or draw
    Under 2.5 in Sheriff Tiraspol vs Dinamo Zagreb
    @ 1.79

Sheriff are a good team with a good GK, but they've always struggled to score in Europe against decent opposition. Even in the previous round against the Armenian champions they only managed to score 2 goals. Also, in their last league game they only scored 1 goal. Sheriff already played vs Dinamo Zagreb a few years back and both games finished 1-1.

BTTS in Maribor vs Dudelange @ 2.10

Lucky win with BATE scoring the equalizer at the very last minute :pac:

and Dudelange scored at the last minute too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Genk v Aktobe tomorrow - over 2.5 @ 3/4 looks good value considering Aktobe I think have scored in 9 of their last 10 away games, plus Genks last game was a 3-3 draw so they are well able to score and concede - gonna chance over 3.5 goals too @ 7/4

• Advertisement

Genk has big defensive issues, players injured and sold.
    Last season Genk was usually good for BTTS or to score 2 or more themselves at home.
    For this one i took the BTTS.

thoughts on twente, infor?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Infor,
    Any thoughts on the Herenveen game I am thinking both teams to score in their game @4/6 and over 2.5 @8/11

What do you guys think of Hannover -1 against St Pats? Are St Pats capable of causing an upset or are they going to lose for sure?

What do you guys think of Hannover -1 against St Pats? Are St Pats capable of causing an upset or are they going to lose for sure?
    It looks a good bet on paper and Pats arent up to much but really depends how seriously Hannover take it.
    I am thinking over [EMAIL="2.5@8/11"]2.5@8/11[/EMAIL] offers a better chance.

Dundee Utd v Dinamo Moscow
    Over 2.5 goals @21/20 looks like a great bet.
    Small bet on Dundee utd @4/1 for interest Tannadice is a nice tight little stadium which wont suit Dinamo.

Draw - Hannover @ 3/1
    St Patrick's Athletic v Hannover
    Half Time/Full Time
    Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €40.00

just a small stake.

My reasoning is that its Hannover's first real competitive game since the league ended while Pats are in the middle of their season so they should be fitness wise ahead of Hannover but that's where the advantage ends for Pats.

I can see Pats trying to frustrate Hannover but Hannover's class to be the winners in the end

Headshot wrote: »
    thoughts on twente, infor?

Twente has lost De Jong to Gladbach and John to Benfica. Only this week they got Castaignos and Bulyikin to replace De Jong.
    They both will not play tonight though.
    So they will have to do with the same team that had 30 shots on goal against FC Inter Turku and got 1 goal as a return. they made u for that away with winning 5-0.
    If they can get their midfiled, most of all Fer, in good positions they might score a couple but i reckon they wont get again 30 shots against this lot tonight.
    I dont do unders but .....

And Castaignos will be the one to keep an eye out in the Ere divisie. Scored 15 goals in his debut season at Feyenoord who were absolutely dire that season (finished 10th). Might put small money on him to finish top scorer in the ere divisie.
    Fitzcal wrote: »
    Infor,
    Any thoughts on the Herenveen game I am thinking both teams to score in their game @4/6 and over 2.5 @8/11

Heerenveen, just like Twente, lost their 2 main strikers in Narsingh (PSV) and Dost (Wolfsburg) and it shows in their friendlies so far. No one i heard of coming in their to replace Dost but who knows, maybe their manager will put himself in the team. :D I bet he could still do a bit of a job.

Edit: After tip74's post i did realise Heerenveen brought in Amoah. Always did well before the winter break (When he was playing for NAC). Not so much after. And apprently he wont do well tonight either as he is out injured.

They had 4 more or less serious friendlies and scored once.

I have taken them no to keep a clean sheet @1.44 because BTTS looks nice but i am more worried of Heerenveen ****ing that up than Rapid.

And just to finish it off as it comes to Dutch teams, i have taken Anzi - Vitesse BTTS @1.72.
    i considered over 2,5

Anzi is probably going to win that one but i can see the Vitesse attack cause the Anzi defense some headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I'm on an Atletic and Twente -1 double.
    1.29/1.
    €10 on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions
    Kalmar FF v BSC Young Boys
    Kalmar FF: Eriksson, Mendes
    BSC Young Boys: Simpson, Doubai, Martinez, Silberbauer

SC Heerenveen v Rapid Bucuresti
    SC Heerenveen: Amoah, Kums, Narsingh, Kruiswijk, Zuiverloon
    Rapid Bucuresti: Herea, Pancu, Burca, Renan Silva, Codrea, Apostol, Pavlovic

FC Twente v Mlada Boleslav
    FC Twente: Boschker, Kuiper, Landzaat
    Mlada Boleslav: Chramosta, Rolko, Smejkal, Janíček, Fabián, Zahustel, Štohanzl, Kulič

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement