Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tip74 wrote: »
    SC Heerenveen v Rapid Bucuresti
    SC Heerenveen: Amoah, Kums, Narsingh, Kruiswijk, Zuiverloon
    Rapid Bucuresti: Herea, Pancu, Burca, Renan Silva, Codrea, Apostol, Pavlovic

FC Twente v Mlada Boleslav
    FC Twente: Boschker, Kuiper, Landzaat
    Mlada Boleslav: Chramosta, Rolko, Smejkal, Janíček, Fabián, Zahustel, Štohanzl, Kulič

That is 3 defenders out for Heerenveen and Amoah who should score the goals for them.
    Narsingh, as posted earlier, has been sold to PSV.

Twente's injuries are no worry, Kuiper might be first team, the others arent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Liverpool -1 to beat Gomel, 11/10.

Depends on who plays I guess, but Rodgers may want to kill the tie off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have a rule, never bet on pool and infact im tempted to go for a +1 handicap for the home team

Liverpool have been very poor in the friendlies

Can you place in running in the shops aswel as online ? could I go into PP and get the same odds in game as I would on the PP app ?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    I have a rule, never bet on pool and infact im tempted to go for a +1 handicap for the home team

Liverpool have been very poor in the friendlies

Its not a friendly though, it's a Europe League qualifer. Surely they'll want to make sure they qualify? :S

• Advertisement

Its not a friendly though, it's a Europe League qualifer. Surely they'll want to make sure they qualify? :S

Do they even care about the Europa league?

Last season they look like they couldnt be bothered. Like the Italians, the Europa league is a hindrance

They most likely win but I really like the odds on the home team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Rodgers will want to win his first competitive match as Liverpool manager so I don't think Liverpool will not try.

I'm on Liverpool to win to nil @2.00 - €50.

Yeah, I agree with BKC. Rodgers will be keen to impress straight off the bat, and a loss coupled with a quick elimination from the Europa League would be a really bad message to send. I just think the manager is going to be keen to impress the Pool fans. Just have to hope that carries through the team as well though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Can you place in running in the shops aswel as online ? could I go into PP and get the same odds in game as I would on the PP app ?

Thanks in advance

yes

Liverpool XI: Jones; G.Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, J.Enrique; Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard; Dowining, Borini, J.Cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Liverpool line up:
    http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/live/index.html?day=-4&session=1&match=2009782

4-2-3-1 and Downing playmaker :pac:

I thought they'd play 4-3-3 with Rodgers...

edit: BKC beat me to it

BKC wrote: »
    Liverpool XI: Jones; G.Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, J.Enrique; Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard; Dowining, Borini, J.Cole.

Strongest possible team available, with Lucas coming back from his Cruciate held on reserve should have wayyy too much for Gomel.

Good to see Rodgers means business, deffo throwing a few quid on Liverpool -1.

4-2-3-1 and Downing playmaker :pac:

I thought they'd play 4-3-3 with Rodgers...

Are you sure it's not 4-3-3?
    Henderson - Gerard - Spearing
    Cole - Borini - Downing.

Are you sure it's not 4-3-3?
    Henderson - Gerard - Spearing
    Cole - Borini - Downing.

Uefa.com has it as 4-2-3-1

Henderson - Downing - Cole
    Borini

Pretty poor lineup, I dont see where the goals are coming from tbh

Headshot wrote: »
    Pretty poor lineup, I dont see where the goals are coming from tbh

I don't see the problem with it. They are only playing FC Gomel.

Borini? Gerrard?

You really are underestimating Gomel tbh, granted I know nothing about them but when you factor in competitive games, players only back from holidays and liverpools managers quotes

"I don't want to disrespect the Europa League but there's no doubt the league is our priority and we want to finish as high as we possibly can," he told the club's website. "The Europa League is a competition we'd like to do well in. Obviously to do well in it you've got to play a lot of games and hopefully that will be the case. When you play for Liverpool every tournament and every game is a priority." Gomel finished third in the Belarussian Premier League last season but lifted the domestic cup. They have never progressed beyond the first round of any major European competition but Rodgers is refusing to dismiss the challenge awaiting his side. "We have done our homework on them. They have done well to qualify for this stage, the pitch looks nice and they play a 4-2-3-1 system. But while I always respect the opponent we play and never underestimate them, I'm a big believer in focusing on our own game and maximising how we play the game. If we do that then I believe throughout the course of the season we'll have a chance of winning every game."

FC Gomel have never progressed past the first round of a major European competition.

I'm not underestimating FC Gomel. I think they will give Liverpool a good game but I think Liverpool will win 1-0 or 2-0. I wouldn't be confident backing Liverpool on the handicap.

Gomel concede very few goals in the Belarussian league, they've conceded less goals than BATE this season.

I've gone for 1st goal after 27th min @ nearly 1/1 in the pool match.

• Advertisement

Gomel concede very few goals in the Belarussian league, they've conceded less goals than BATE this season.

They'll be playing 4-5-1 too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

jeez pool are 4/7 with 365, 4/11 with pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Dundela v Crusaders over [EMAIL="3.5@11/10"]3.5@11/10[/EMAIL] should follow up the recent goal fests in North of Ireland friendly games

BTTS in Genk vs Aktobe @ 1.80

In after 25 min :)

Pool win 1-0. No good for my bets though :(

I'm on Liverpool to win to nil @2.00 - €50.

1-0 Liverpool. Liking that.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Genk v Aktobe tomorrow - over 2.5 @ 3/4 looks good value considering Aktobe I think have scored in 9 of their last 10 away games, plus Genks last game was a 3-3 draw so they are well able to score and concede - gonna chance over 3.5 goals too @ 7/4

Happy with that :D, no over 3.5 but main bet was on the over 2.5 but I cant believe the over 3.5 did not come in - no goal after the 44th min:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Monaco @ 2.30 to beat Laval on Friday...

it must be some kind of joke, I don't see how Laval could get anything from this game, I checked their transfers and they signed some no name players from the lower leagues. Monaco showed yesterday that they were a class above the other Ligue 2 teams, they didn't concede vs Dynamo Kiev, Sivasspor and Nice...

Monaco to win to nil @ 3.50 look a good bet too.

Anyone found any reason avoid this yet?

Digging around for stats, I have noticed that Monaco's away form was a bit spotty last season, but regardless of that, this still seems a good bet. They are (by far) the better team, and should not be over Evens in this match. Also, Laval's form (both home and away) was all over the place in 11/12 - and , as Lasagna said, they have not improved their line-up significantly.

Weirdly, the odds for a Monaco seem to be getting better on some bookies (2.38 on Stan James) - most places are flashing blue on OC though - hinting the Monaco are getting some decent backing (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/france/ligue-2/laval-v-monaco/winner).

Urge to make a decent bet on the game is high for me - and might even bet in-play if the odds get better after about 20 minutes.

Anyone got a preview or a tip for the Alianza Lima v Sporting Cristal match

Im looking at overs @ 1/1 myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tinodz wrote: »
    Anyone found any reason avoid this yet?

Digging around for stats, I have noticed that Monaco's away form was a bit spotty last season, but regardless of that,

Wouldnt read too much into that. They had an appalling 1st half of the season, were in the relegation zone at christmas and almost managed to get promotion still at the end of the season after some (oil) money hit them during the winter break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement