Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

inforfun wrote: »
    Wouldnt read too much into that. They had an appalling 1st half of the season, were in the relegation zone at christmas and almost managed to get promotion still at the end of the season after some (oil) money hit them during the winter break.

The more I think of it the more appealing it seems to become, 23/20 now with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I'm on an Atletic and Twente -1 double.
    1.29/1.
    €10 on.
    Spice World!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

tinodz wrote: »
    Anyone found any reason avoid this yet?

Digging around for stats, I have noticed that Monaco's away form was a bit spotty last season, but regardless of that, this still seems a good bet. They are (by far) the better team, and should not be over Evens in this match. Also, Laval's form (both home and away) was all over the place in 11/12 - and , as Lasagna said, they have not improved their line-up significantly.

Weirdly, the odds for a Monaco seem to be getting better on some bookies (2.38 on Stan James) - most places are flashing blue on OC though - hinting the Monaco are getting some decent backing (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/france/ligue-2/laval-v-monaco/winner).

Urge to make a decent bet on the game is high for me - and might even bet in-play if the odds get better after about 20 minutes.

A few things that could explain the odds on Monaco:

-Laval are a strong team at home, they only lost 5 games at home last season, and the season before that, they only lost once at home.

-The Laval players might feel confident cuz they were unbeaten in the pre season, they played against Ligue 2 sides but also got a draw against Lorient (but they almost got relegated last season so they're not that strong imo)

-Monaco were pretty unimpressive during the first 30 min of the game against Tours, they broke the deadlock thanks to a direct free kick so obviously things became easier for them after that...

Despite all that, I still think Monaco can win, their squad is way too good for the Ligue 2 and if they managed to beat Dynamo Kiev, Sivasspor, and Nice, then they should comfortably beat Laval...

Here are highlights from Laval's first game of the season (they are in white):
    http://www.stade-lavallois.com/fan-zone/canal-tango/4673-16578-matchs-pro--l2-j01-ch%C3%A2teauroux-1-1-laval-le-resume-page-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Do Monaco have a greater than 50% chance of winning the league this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Austria! wrote: »
    Do Monaco have a greater than 50% chance of winning the league this year?

Yes.

Monaco
    PSG
    Ibra TGS

Is what I've gone for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

im starting my log back up for anyone interested was quite successful last time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nice... the BTTS league is kicking of tonight again.

In other words, the 2nd Bundesliga.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions
    Hertha BSC v Paderborn
    Hertha BSC: Kraft, Franz, Janker, Kobiashvili, Radjabali-Fardi, Ben-Hatira, Rukavytsya, Lasogga
    Paderborn: Burchert, Palionis, Wissing

Arminia Bielefeld v 1. FC Saarbrücken
    Arminia Bielefeld: Heithölter (0/0)
    1. FC Saarbrücken: Müller (0/0), Pellowski (0/0), Laux (0/0), Stiefler (0/0), Ziemer (1/1)

Dundalk FC v Cork City
    Dundalk FC: Mountney (20/0), Walsh (both doubtful) (16/0), Osborne (9/0), Thomas (12/0), Burns (16/0), McLaughlin (12/0), McDonnell (18/0), Foran (17/0)
    Cork City: Healy (17/0), McCarthy (both doubtful) (0/0), Lordan (3/0), Parker (2/0)

Athlone Town v Wexford Youths
    Athlone Town: Danaher (6/0), McGee (14/7), Molloy (3/0), Rushe (9/0), Broughall (11/1), Relihan (5/2), Gaynor (0/0)
    Wexford Youths: -

Finn Harps v SD Galway
    Finn Harps: Bonner (11/0), Funston (1/0), Scoltock (all doubtful) (2/0), O’Donnell (2/0), Carlin (7/0), Curtis (11/2), McBride (13/3), O’Hagan (15/1)
    SD Galway: Curran (18/5)

Club Tijuana v UNAM Pumas
    Club Tijuana: Arce (2/1), Almazan (0/0), Ruiz (0/0), Santiago (0/0)
    UNAM Pumas: Cabrera (0/0)

Houston Dynamo v New York Red Bulls
    Houston Dynamo: -
    New York Red Bulls: Barklage (16/2), McCarty (22/2)

Stade Lavallois v AS Monaco
    Stade Lavallois: Badiane, Dreuslin, Perrot
    AS Monaco: Dumont

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Right, after much uming and awing, I've thrown a decent few quid on Monaco to win @ 2.20

Made a much smaller bet on Monaco -1 @ 4.50. That seems huge.

Thanks for all the comments. Best of luck to all on Monaco too.

I'm avoiding Monaco tonight purely because of Laval's home form and advantage. This in theory should mean anyone who bets on Monaco will win, good luck with it guys :)

• Advertisement

Doff wrote: »
    I'm avoiding Monaco tonight purely because of Laval's home form and advantage. This in theory should mean anyone who bets on Monaco will win, good luck with it guys :)

You are forgetting the fact that most (current) bets I make lose, so something really weird will happen here.

It will be the betting equivalent of Anti-Gravity Cat

kittytop1.png
    I predict the match will be abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

MK Dons v Norwich tonight - Norwick look good value @ 5/6 and (-1) @ 5/2 - they have had a good pre season (drawing with Ajax)but I Don't know much about MK - small nibble methinks

tinodz wrote: »
    You are forgetting the fact that most (current) bets I make lose, so something really weird will happen here.

It will be the betting equivalent of Anti-Gravity Cat
    I predict the match will be abandoned

I can see that happening alright :P

Although in fairness I got 4/1 on over 10 corners in both womans olympic football today. 11 minutes into the first game and 5 corners already :) I noticed in womens football they often get 2-3 corners each time they get one in open play.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see odds rose slightly on Monco

Headshot wrote: »
    I see odds rose slightly on Monco

And shortened for Laval.

I am thinking (hoping) people are just betting on Laval's good home form, and not taking into amount the quality of Monaco's team.

Hopefully there is no info Boards is missing on this. I don't think there is though, and Laval winning really would have to be the shock result.

I am pretty much obsessed with this game :P

I'm gonna cover myself with CS 0-0 @ 6.25 and 1-1 @ 4.75 in the Monaco game.

From what I've read, Laval have never parked the bus against any team and always try to play attacking football, their defenders suck but their GK is pretty good. They also have the worst stadium in Ligue 2 with no stands behind the goals.

I'm gonna cover myself with CS 0-0 @ 6.25 and 1-1 @ 4.75 in the Monaco game.

From what I've read, Laval have never parked the bus against any team and always try to play attacking football, their defenders suck but their GK is pretty good. They also have the worst stadium in Ligue 2 with no stands behind the goals.

What is the pitch like?

Headshot wrote: »
    What is the pitch like?

Not sure, but it looks a bit small

http://www.info-stades.fr/forum/ressources/image/8479

I followed ye on the Monaco bet, if it goes awol we can always blame Las

odds on Monaco just drifted to 2.35, wtf :confused:

Monaco playing with 2 strikers, the supporters seem happy about the starting 11, let's wait and see now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Jesus,Monaco better win im all in. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

LD any views on Istres v Ajaccio GFCO, was thinking of doing a single on Istres Evs.

magherakid wrote: »
    LD any views on Istres v Ajaccio GFCO, was thinking of doing a single on Istres Evs.

I wouldn't touch that game or at least not with a big stake, I like Gazelec Ajaccio, they beat several Ligue 1 teams in the cup last season.

edit: No stream for the Monaco game, Clermont v Angers is the main game on the simulcast :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

monaco only beat laval 2-1 at home a few months ago and they lost to them the last time they played before that..away 1-0

hopefully monaco show why their 1st!

The Monaco game finished 0-0, sorry guys :(

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

No prob Lasagna. Cannot win 'em all.

(Although I would have liked to win this one).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Theres been at least 1 goal in the 1st half of 14/15 Sarandi games, price @ 4/7 is strangely big imo,

gonna give 5-10 minutes in play and take it if it gets bigger

edit, taken at 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1 - 0 after 8 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

i see team GB are a decent enough price again

i got them at 5/6 for draw no bet v uraguay which was a great price

there 1/2 for dnb tomorrow seems solid enough.

also.. senegal look a really good price the only thing is i havent seen much of mexico so i dont know who's been looking better.. maybe there both even

• Advertisement

Liking the overs in the Paris St Germain v Barcelona @1/2

Im not sure will i make a single or a double?

Anyone have a suggestion of a bet for to combine it with my bet ?

edit

Never mind got one myself

Over 2.5 @ 1/2
    Paris St Germain v Barcelona
    Total Goals U/O 2.5
    Over 2.5 @ 8/13
    Honefoss v Stromsgodset
    Total Goals U/O 2.5
    Total stake €48.13
    Estimated return €116.62

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement