Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

tinodz wrote: »
    BKC wrote: »
    €66.67 on River Plate to beat Belgrano @1.90.

Seems likely...

Sweet Revenge!

Or not! :P

2-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

BKC wrote: »
    Or not! :P

2-0 down.

Terribly unlucky

I was sitting around waiting to lump on at HT in-play, and then heard the cheer from the Flashscore tab I had open. Was sure I missed my chance, and River had scored.

Was not expecting a Belgrano win,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    BATE Borisov DNB
    Neftchi Baku DNB
    @ 3.34

and some small bets:
    BATE & Aktobe to qualify @ 7.33

0-0 in Ekranas vs Anderlecht @ 7.75

Ekranas to win by exactly one goal @ 7.25

0-0 in Nimes vs Monaco @ 6.25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

bet for today

rubin kazan or draw 1/4
    rapid bucahrest2/7
    japan ladies to qualify4/5
    usa ladies to win2/5

£50 on £200 back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Avfctom wrote: »
    bet for today

rubin kazan or draw 1/4
    rapid bucahrest2/7
    japan ladies to qualify4/5
    usa ladies to win2/5

£50 on £200 back

i guess France have a better chance than Japan..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Japan is world champion afaik.
    And unlike the men tournament, these are the strongest squads in the women tournament.

Have a double on japan to qualify and something with the States (to score over 1,5 iirc) @2.9

mrdmb wrote: »
    i guess France have a better chance than Japan..[/Q

japan knocked out a very good brazil team and have impressed me the whole competition they look a brilliant team with individual flair have all the factors to succeed

france havent impressed me they where 2-0 up against the usa and absoutlety collpased they struggled past an average sweeden side for me japan will do it in 90 minutes but il play it safe and take to qualify as the price is excellent imo

Anyone getting back on Osters today?

They were on a great winning run, but since coming back after a few week break they are on a two match draw streak - they are still however unbeaten this season.

The first match of the draw streak was the shock result (2-2), with Osters throwing the game away in the last 10 minutes, letting a team ranked 14th (of a 16 team leauge) come back after controlling the game for 80 minutes. The second draw was 0-0, and was just a boring game (against a team 5th in the league)

For today's game, they play away against Trelleborg FF (ranked 13th). They are still a great team, and should control the game like they did against the 14th place team - and should have learned a lesson not to throw a lead away.

The teams have only played H2H recently once, and Osters won that game (older games go back to 2006).

Weirdly, the stats point out the Trelleborg FF actually play better, and score more, away from home. They are not a great team overall though. They defend well (home and away), and let in an average on one goal per game. Regardless of this, they still end up losing many of their games. However, since the break they are in decent form. They won their last two games since the break (scoring 9 goals in the process), one of those was against a 4th place team.

However, over the whole season, Osters are still the best team - and have only drew there last two game (which is not a disaster). Even if recent form highlight Trelleborg FF as a danger, it is still 1st v 13th, and Osters should really have a great chance winning unles they've completely lost their early season form.

Osters should really get back to winning ways here IMO, and are available at Evens (and higher) at many Bookies. That seems like a great price for a strong team against someone near the bottom of the league.

-1 is available @ 4.00 and DNB is available @ 1.50 if you are feeling bold / less bold.

PS: Sorry for writing so much.

i guess France have a better chance than Japan..[/Q

japan knocked out a very good brazil team and have impressed me the whole competition they look a brilliant team with individual flair have all the factors to succeed

france havent impressed me they where 2-0 up against the usa and absoutlety collpased they struggled past an average sweeden side for me japan will do it in 90 minutes but il play it safe and take to qualify as the price is excellent imo

brazil were beaten by team GB as well though

in the saudi league..

al ittihad vs al itifaq

shud be an easy win for al ittihad at 5/6

both teams drew their 1st games but the 1st team is much stronger esp at home

• Advertisement

brazil were beaten by team GB as well though

did u see that game brazil battered gb just couldunt score this japan team looks driven determined hungry they all work together they are a real team

i guess it will be a 50 : 50 call...

but i'll have small stake on france to win..! plus i have been on a losing form the last few days..! so i mite be wrong..lol

Gone with a treble...

- Japan Ladies (Qualify)
    - Al Ittihad (Win)
    - Osters (Win)

@ 6.60

Thanks thread!

inforfun wrote: »
    Japan is world champion afaik.
    And unlike the men tournament, these are the strongest squads in the women tournament.

Have a double on japan to qualify and something with the States (to score over 1,5 iirc) @2.9

Womens football.
    Cant stand watching it but i like to bet on it :D

thanks alot usa yet another let down got no luck what so ever taking a break for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Helsingborg v Slask Wroclaw 8 Aug

Helsingborg ahead 3-0 from first leg and are at home this leg - Slack are rubbish and sold half their team before the qualifers now only worry here is that their is not much motivation for Helsingbog to win this but i think @ 5/6 with PP its worth a gamble also if you go by that theory (-1) @ 2/1 is worth a bet too.

Goals and a few highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4d5TLlk9oHc

Brazil V South Korea - over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 - as we all know Brazil can score as well as conceed and South Korea do not really play defensive football (Combined total 28 shots on goals in game v GB) - this may be a better bet than sweating over Brazil (-1) @ 7/5

Gone with a treble...

- Japan Ladies (Qualify)
    - Al Ittihad (Win)
    - Osters (Win)

@ 6.60

Thanks thread!

Nice! Pretty much all the matches had points where I thought it would fail, but NICE :D

saudi league 2moro....

Al-Faisaly vs Al Shabab

Al Shabab are the champions from last year...and won the 1st game this season last week 4-0...pretty stable squad coached by Michel Preudhomme the belgian....i'd back them to win at 1.55

the other game..

AL Hilal vs Al Fateh..

AL Hilal are the most popular team and the biggest rivals to al Ittihad for the last 10 years...strong squad as well with a new coach who is the last PSG manager Antoine Kombouare

their rivals are developing very quickly and grabbed the 5th position last year which is their best ever...but still no match for al Hilal..

the odds for al Hilal to win are 1.35 but i'd wait for the in play odds for better price or -1 handicap for al Hilal when the market is up (Ps al Hilal have beaten Man city in the pre season preparations..)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Sampdoria friendly tomorrow night should produce another goalfest definitely worth watching out for

Olympiakos - Malaga tomorrow friendly

With the state Malaga is in an Olympiakos win @2.37 looks yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im thinking of lumping on barca to beat utd

Lass,
    I am looking at Auxerre and Monaco 2 singles and a double, any thoughts on it.

Rangers v East Stirling over [EMAIL="3.5@10/11"]3.5@10/11[/EMAIL] over [EMAIL="4.5@2/1"]4.5@2/1[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="-2@5/4"]-2@5/4[/EMAIL].
    Even though Rangers are in SFL3 they still have a very strong squad Little and Shiels up front and the fact that its teir first home game of the season will mean they will try to put on a decent show for the fans after the Summer of woe they have had.

Small bet before I got go to bed, BTTS in Tigre v Estudiantes @ 2.10. Both teams have scored in 9 out of 10 of their last H2H matches dating back to 2007

It is the first game of the season, so no real stats. In terms of transfers, Estudiantes bought one of Tigre's main midfielders during the break - but I don't think Tigre brought in anyone new to replace. Tigre sold a main defender during the break and Estudiantes also sold one of thier main defenders to River.

Seeing as there is no real stats to delve into for their new lineups, my bet is solely based on the H2H history, and the fact that the back four of each team will be somewhat experimental (with at least one new player each), and could leak a few goals.

Only a small bet though.

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Lass,
    I am looking at Auxerre and Monaco 2 singles and a double, any thoughts on it.

I wanted to bet on Monaco but I read that Ranieri is gonna rotate his team a lot as they have a league game on Friday. Subasic (1st choice gk), Kagelmacher & Marester (2 important defenders), and 3 other important players are not included in the squad to face Nimes. I don't really know how good the reserve players are and Nimes are considered one of the potential surprise packages this season...Wait for Friday to bet on Monaco ;)

Auxerre haven't updated their website so I don't know if they're gonna take this game seriously or rotate their team.

Cheers for the update/info on Monaco Lass.
    Think I wil stick to the Sampdoria and Rangers games.

Over 3.5 in Levadia vs Paide @ 2.30

strange odds considering Levadia won their last 3 games 6-0, 7-0 and 5-0...also the last game between these 2 teams finished 5-1

Small bet before I got go to bed, BTTS in Tigre v Estudiantes @ 2.10. Both teams have scored in 9 out of 10 of their last H2H matches dating back to 2007

It is the first game of the season, so no real stats. In terms of transfers, Estudiantes bought one of Tigre's main midfielders during the break - but I don't think Tigre brought in anyone new to replace. Tigre sold a main defender during the break and Estudiantes also sold one of thier main defenders to River.

Seeing as there is no real stats to delve into for their new lineups, my bet is solely based on the H2H history, and the fact that the back four of each team will be somewhat experimental (with at least one new player each), and could leak a few goals.

Only a small bet though.
    fair play

Infor any thoughts on Feyenoord v Dynamo Kiev

On a different note, Im thinking of going for Neymar Da Silva To Score and Brazil to win 6/5

Headshot wrote: »
    Infor any thoughts on Feyenoord v Dynamo Kiev

Many...

First of all that i am a tool for not being in the stadium tonight :( but only travel on thursday back home. And in the weekend they play away from home vs utrecht and i wont be able to get in there either.

As for tonight.....
    Still think they can do it but i was more optimistic they would get a draw last week than they get a 1-0 tonight.
    Teams like Kiev are usually more dangerous away from home than at home imo.

1 bet i would like, if i wasnt a Feyenoord fan, is "late goal" which was set after 72'59" @1.83
    Kiev has scored lots of late goals in their league so far. Their top goals scorer Brown already scored 3 injury time goals this season.

If i am honest, i think Feyenoord will have a hard time breaking Kievs defense down. Not so much because of the Kiev defense being so brilliant, because the arent, but the Feyenoord attack likes to have space to run into. And i dont think they will get that space a lot tonight.

I guess we ll have the same team out tonight as last week but with Koeman you never know, he might come up with a surprise.

• Advertisement

gonna have one last go today

japan mens olympic team to qualify 4/5
    bate borisov or draw 4/9
    feyernood or draw19/50
    brazil mens olympic team to win 2/5
    4/1 £50

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement