Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Single of kashiwa to win 8/13

double of kashiwa and jeonbuk to win at 2.79

Get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Champions League Qualifier later, Fenerbahce were woeful in the home leg v Vaslui last week and got a late leveller and it Finished 1-1.

They are 6/5 to finish the job tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Celtic V HJK later on (6 o clock start)

I've a funny feeling that Celtic will try and get an early goal to basically end the tie.

Now I think that all this pressure early on may lead to a few corners.

Celtic 1st Half Corners Over 3 - 21/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

for tonight going with

celtic to qualify1/3
    fenerbache or draw 1.32
    basel 2/5
    dinamo zagreb 4/9
    panithinikos 1/5

4/1

£15

Avfctom wrote: »
    after eight losing bets in a row with a terrible run of luck finally a winner thanks to mrdmb

Cheers mate.. hopefully it will be a good day for all of us.. i guess the basketball today seems promising.. (sorry i know I shudnt be saying this here!)

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    Cheers mate.. hopefully it will be a good day for all of us.. i guess the basketball today seems promising.. (sorry i know I shudnt be saying this here!)

yh man last few days been stung bad especially by usa women still in profit overall for the last month but hopefully build on this bet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Dinamo Zagreb vs Sheriff Tiraspol @ 1.78

Sheriff have to attack if they wanna qualify for the next round, but I don't trust their attack, they won their last 2 league games 1-0 so even in the Moldovan league they're struggling to score... In the previous round they beat the Armenian champions twice but only 1-0...
    They rarely get thrashed away from home in Europe though (0-1 vs Olympiakos, 1-1 vs Dinamo Zagreb, 0-1 vs Basel)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Double
    Wuppertaler SV to win (v Fortuna Koln)
    Sportfreunde Lotte to win (v FC Koln II)
    @ 3.45 | KO 6PM

Both picks to win were the better teams last season
    Both picks to win have good home from (once again based on last season)
    The two Koln's have spotty away from (one has 6 games with no wins, the other has 4 loses in 6 - last season)
    Both picks to win had an average start to the season (one away draw each)

It is probably not too clever making picks based on a previous season's form, but I will go with it anyway.

****ing Dudelange ruined 2 big bets for me :(

Hopefully I can get that money back with this double:
    Under 3.5 in Dinamo Zagreb vs Sheriff
    Aktobe win or draw
    @ 2.02

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any lineups for the barca v utd game yet?

edit

barca lineup

Barça's line-up against Manchester United:Valdés, Alves, Puyol, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Masch., Sergio, Adriano, Tello & S. Roberto #fcblive

not sure what utd's one are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Headshot wrote: »
    any lineups for the barca v utd game yet?

edit

barca lineup

Barça's line-up against Manchester United:Valdés, Alves, Puyol, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Masch., Sergio, Adriano, Tello & S. Roberto #fcblive

not sure what utd's one are

u going w Barca too?? Hard not to at that price w Messi, Iniesta and Sanzhez on show

yap Barca looks a a great bet but I want to see the utd team first

I like the look of Barca too, but after three friendlies backfiring during July, I think I finally learned my lesson to stay away.

Saying that, Messi to score two is available @ 4.00, and Messi Wincast is @ 2.40

God dammit!

edit - Will put a small bet on Messi to score to score 2. (lesson not learned!)

match is on MU tv....man U have a full team..i can see rooney ,evra, welbeck nani and young

Avfctom wrote: »
    for tonight going with

celtic to qualify1/3
    fenerbache or draw 1.32
    basel 2/5
    dinamo zagreb 4/9
    panithinikos 1/5

4/1

£15

looks like basel gonna **** my bet today

tinodz wrote: »
    Double
    Wuppertaler SV to win (v Fortuna Koln)
    Sportfreunde Lotte to win (v FC Koln II)
    @ 3.45 | KO 6PM

FT Lotte 2 - 0 Köln
    FT Wuppertaler 1 - 2 Fortuna Köln

Fortuna Köln killed the double with a goal at 80'. That should have been the easier part of the double too, as they usually do not do well away.

If there is anything to take out of the loss, it still seems that Lotte are still a good team to follow. The have weird losses every now and then, but I made some money last year backing them (at home especially). They seem like they will do well this year too.

anyone got a preview for the Boca Juniors v Racing Club game?

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Champions League Qualifier later, Fenerbahce were woeful in the home leg v Vaslui last week and got a late leveller and it Finished 1-1.

They are 6/5 to finish the job tonight.

Done this, now i was late getting to the shop, but put the bet on anyway just after 10, maybe 11/12 minutes past, my slip says the bet was placed at 7:12:31pm..now when i went to the counter the lady said it was still 6/5, grand i said she even wrote it on the docket as it was in running she needs to check before the price is written and I checked the PP app just before I put the bet on.

Now walking away from the counter I checked the score on the phone and Fener scored so went 4/9, happy I was, but wanted to double check, so I did and the girl rang head office I assume and she said they will only pay out 4/9????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Helsingborg v Slask Wroclaw 8 Aug

Helsingborg ahead 3-0 from first leg and are at home this leg - Slack are rubbish and sold half their team before the qualifers now only worry here is that their is not much motivation for Helsingbog to win this but i think @ 5/6 with PP:D its worth a gamble also if you go by that theory (-1) @ 2/1 is worth a bet too:D.

Goals and a few highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4d5TLlk9oHc

Brazil V South Korea - over 2.5 goals @ 10/11:D - as we all know Brazil can score as well as conceed and South Korea do not really play defensive football (Combined total 28 shots on goals in game v GB) - this may be a better bet than sweating over Brazil (-1) @ 7/5

3/3 - lend me that money PP :P

• Advertisement

Done this, now i was late getting to the shop, but put the bet on anyway just after 10, maybe 11/12 minutes past, my slip says the bet was placed at 7:12:31pm..now when i went to the counter the lady said it was still 6/5, grand i said she even wrote it on the docket as it was in running she needs to check before the price is written and I checked the PP app just before I put the bet on.

Now walking away from the counter I checked the score on the phone and Fener scored so went 4/9, happy I was, but wanted to double check, so I did and the girl rang head office I assume and she said they will only pay out 4/9????? :mad:

Actually anywhere to check what minute and seconds a goal was scored in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Get highlights of the game

Actually anywhere to check what minute and seconds a goal was scored in ?

The match started at 7PM according to Flashscore. The goal was score at 12' minutes into the game according to to the site. Soccerway also say 12'

Champions League matches are usually pretty good at starting at the right time too, so it is likely the goal was score between 7:12:01pm and 7:12:59pm

Interestingly, Vaslui got a goal back at 14' (7:14:01pm and 7:14:59pm) which would have knocked the in-play odds back up to near 6/5. so it seems you fell in the 2 minute mark where you got the bad odds.

Any thoughts on St Pats not to score vs Hannover? Did they create some chances in the first leg?

tinodz wrote: »
    The match started at 7PM according to Flashscore. The goal was score at 12' minutes into the game according to to the site. Soccerway also say 12'

Champions League matches are usually pretty good at starting at the right time too, so it is likely the goal was score between 7:12:01pm and 7:12:59pm

Interestingly, Vaslui got a goal back at 14' (7:14:01pm and 7:14:59pm) which would have knocked the in-play odds back up to near 6/5. so it seems you fell in the 2 minute mark where you got the bad odds.

Cheers for reply, so I haven't a leg to stand on and have to take 4/9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Lass,
    What do you think of over [EMAIL="2.5@19/20"]2.5@19/20[/EMAIL] in the Marseille game.
    I am looking at putting it into a treble with over 2.5 in the Dinamo v Dundee Utd game and an Elfsborg win.

Cheers for reply, so I haven't a leg to stand on and have to take 4/9 ?

If you can find the exact second of the goal - via video highlights - and it is before a 31st second of the 12th minute, then maybe you could get something if you provide that evidence. However, I think you were just a few second out. When you were going to the counter it was 0-0, and when you asked it for the odds was 0-0, but just as the bet was been placed in the system the odds changed.

If you could be bothered to try escalating things, and asking the store manager for his/her opinion, then maybe he/she could do something as a good will gesture - as normal employees usually do not have that clearance.

That worked once for me - on a miswritten slip (which was my own fault to be honest).

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Lass,
    What do you think of over 2.5@19/20 in the Marseille game.
    I am looking at putting it into a treble with over 2.5 in the Dinamo v Dundee Utd game and an Elfsborg win.

I wouldn't touch that game if I were you, Marseille are weaker than last season, Deschamps left and has been replaced by an average coach, they've only signed one player so far (some unknown winger from the 2nd division), Remy is out for this game... I can't find anything positive to say about Marseille atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

I wouldn't touch that game if I were you, Marseille are weaker than last season, Deschamps left and has been replaced by an average coach, they've only signed one player so far (some unknown winger from the 2nd division), Remy is out for this game... I can't find anything positive to say about Marseille atm.
    Cheers, Might have a look at overs in the Hannover Pats game instead

• Advertisement

What do we reckon on Anzhi to Beat Vitesse (7/4) and Twente to beat Boleslav (8/11)

Any team news ? I know both are comfortable on aggregate from the first leg, both on 2-.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement