Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Ulsan Hyundai v Daegu in the Korean League this morning at 11 - Ulsan are serial over 2.5 offenders and I got them last night at 5/6, there in to 8/11 now but better available. Daegu not great for the overs but the bet is based on Ulsan - they have been good to me lately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for a small double of:
    Viktoria Plzen to win to nil
    BATE Borisov
    @ 2.95

Plzen concede very few goals and are playing against a promoted side, they're in good form having won their 4 EL qualifiers (3 of them to nil).

BATE need to start winning games again in the Belarussian league, their morale should be high after the win vs Debrecen and the "easy" draw they got in the CL play offs, and they've won their last 5 games against Naftan.

btw Bordeaux @ 2.20 vs Red Star Belgrade has to be the bet of the month, no time for a write up now but I'll go big on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Going with Hearts -1 @13/5 today v Hibs. Hearts have beaten the handicap against Hibs in their last 4 meetings, although there was a red card in the last one. Still think they can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

ND Triglav v NK Domzale
    Today, guests have to play without even eight players: Topič, Husmani, Halilovič, Gerič, Vuk, Živec, Balažic and Mencigar.
    NK CM Celje v ND Mura
    NK CM Celje without Verbič, Gobec, Centrih, Bilali and Plesec.
    ND Mura: expected mixed squad due to players fatigue from a large number of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

btw Bordeaux @ 2.20 vs Red Star Belgrade has to be the bet of the month, no time for a write up now but I'll go big on them.

Last season Red Star played againt Rennes and lost at home 1:2, they had better team than today, now they are really tragic. They were slightly favs againt Rennes in first match:

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/europe/europa-league-2011-2012/crvena-zvezda-rennes-864800/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Torres to score and Chelsea to win @13/2 on Betfred.

Savic starting which means it's likely Torres will get chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Going with under 2.5 goals in the charity shield @ evens. Normally cagey enough games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Going with under 2.5 goals in the charity shield @ evens. Normally cagey enough games

I'm on under 3.5 goals with a larger stake.

Bare in mind, Savic and Pantimilon are starting for City in place of Lescott and Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

John Obi Mikel to be shown a card 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Ulsan Hyundai v Daegu in the Korean League this morning at 11 - Ulsan are serial over 2.5 offenders and I got them last night at 5/6, there in to 8/11 now but better available. Daegu not great for the overs but the bet is based on Ulsan - they have been good to me lately
    Feck it - 1-1 bad start to the day but I can't complain Hyundai have been good to me in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    John Obi Mikel to be shown a card 2/1

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Cork City v Blackburn Rovers tomorrow.

City have a league game v St. Pat's on Monday night and I'd imagine won't play a single first team player. Blackburn are bringing over their first team squad as it's their final preparation match before their season starts.

Can get Blackburn @ 1/2 with Bet365. If that's too short for a punt in its own right then worth throwing into an accumulator.

Currently 3-1 to Blackburn with about 20 mins left. City have the u19 side out.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Hacken away and Elfsborg at home 2 singles and a double.

Any tips for the German super cup final at 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Didn't get paid on my Mexico 2nd goal bet and even after extreme arguing I made no headway. Paddypower account closed and good riddens I say. Biggest crowd of bluffers I've ever dealt with and their customer service is a joke.

Long live la Bet365 !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Didn't get paid on my Mexico 2nd goal bet and even after extreme arguing I made no headway. Paddypower account closed and good riddens I say. Biggest crowd of bluffers I've ever dealt with and their customer service is a joke.

Long live la Bet365 !

Pity it did not work out... but you are now free! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

tinodz wrote: »
    Pity it did not work out... but you are now free! :pac:

Haahaha :pac: .. I honestly thought they would just cop on and agree to pay me, even at lower odds, but no dice. The highlight had to be when your man on the phone actually agreed that it did look like I had placed the bet fairly and won legitimately... But it was against their Terms and Conditions to pay out in these circumstances.... Bluffers!! :rolleyes:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Any tips for the German super cup final at 7?

I have been looking around and put a small bet on Reus Wincast @ 5.50. Had a decent season last year for Mönchengdingdongbach (scored in more than half his games), and could do well in his first Dortmund outing. Also, Dortmund have had Bayern's number recently (5 wins out of 5 games).

If everything comes together, then that might come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

wonder is over 2.5 goals worth a punt at 4/6, anyone have any ideas? I really can't call how that games going to go so think I'll just abstain..

got screwed by an under 4.5 goals in the City/Chelsea game, stupid Ivanovic!

Overs 2.5 looks good but might wait it out to see how the match fairs out in the first few mins

• Advertisement

wonder is over 2.5 goals worth a punt at 4/6, anyone have any ideas? I really can't call how that games going to go so think I'll just abstain..

got screwed by an under 4.5 goals in the City/Chelsea game, stupid Ivanovic!

Seems worthwhile to me

Each team is built of attackers. Lewandowski got a hatrick in the last H2H. Even if he goes of, Gotze is a sub, and should be great this season. Mandzukic is up front for Bayern too.

Seems worthwhile to me

Each team is built of attackers. Lewandowski got a hatrick in the last H2H. Even if he goes of, Gotze is a sub, and should be great this season. Mandzukic is up front for Bayern too.

Maybe I should have put a bet on this. Stupid me not listening to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Hacken away and Elfsborg at home 2 singles and a double.
    Only bets of the day after the losses from the Madrid Celtic game last night.
    Thank God they came in:D

Hrm.. LA Galaxy are evens to win tonight V Chivas USA, LA have been going through some very patchy form but did beat this lot 3-1 just a few weeks ago. Anyone know if they have some injury problems or anything, looks a decent bet to me anyway, but I could be way off!

Hrm.. LA Galaxy are evens to win tonight V Chivas USA, LA have been going through some very patchy form but did beat this lot 3-1 just a few weeks ago. Anyone know if they have some injury problems or anything, looks a decent bet to me anyway, but I could be way off!

I cannot see anything that make LA seem a bad bet - and on recent form a LA -1 might even be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chivas will try to frustrate so it will be tight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Cork City v St Patrick's Dublin
    Cork City: Healy, McCarthy, Lordan, Burns, Murphy, Parker
    St Patrick's Dublin: Rossiter, O'Flynn, Kelly, Carroll
    pick 2

Umeå FC v Jönköpings Södra
    Umeå FC: Wennebro (17/1 m), Kamanor (13/0 d)
    Jönköpings Södra: Simba (1/0 f), Drott (13/1 m), Gojani (10/0 d), Pettersson (6/0 g), Djup (1/0 d), Svensson (12/1 d), Justinussen (2/0 f)
    pick 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Osters (1st) look a huge price for the match against Bromm*cough*pokaraka (2nd) in the Sweedish Superettan on Monday. Osters already beat them 4-1 at home this season just a few months back in May.

However, Brommsomethingraka have not lost or drew at home all season (9 from 9), but Osters have not lost home or away all season (18 played, 15 won, 3 drew). The stat s also have Osters shoring more goals away than they do at home.

Osters to win are available @ 3.00 and over in some places. Maybe a safer option is DNB Osters (which is available @ 2.25). That seems really big for a team that has not lost all season

Osters 15/8 now, Bromm 11/10.

Tight game either way I reckon, obviously with both teams having good records, something has to give.

COuld be a game to stay away from.

Looking at overs in the conference tomorrow and couple matches stand out, Ebbsfleet Utd/Braintree Town and Newport County/Nuneaton Town.

Ebbsfleet won 5-4 away to Nuneaton and Braintree drew 2-2 at home to newly promoted Hyde in their last games. Both teams were in the top 5 who conceded most goals in division last year yet neither were goal shy and survived comfortably. Going by the start Ebbsfleet made and the fragile defences, over 2.5 @ 3/5 looks a gimme and even the over 4.5 goals @ 10/3 looks good value.

Newport just about survived relegation last year even though they conceded 20 odd goals less than the above teams! But they have made a great start to the season, shock 4-3 away win to title contenders Mansfield. Up against Nuneaton who as said above who were involved in that other goal feast v Ebbsfleet and one of the favourites for the drop. Gone with over 2.5 @ 4/5 in this one too.

The double can be got @ 1.88 with bet365.

Having a small AT scorer double on Shaw @ 13/8 (Luton) and Speight @ 13/8 (Mansfield). Favourites for top scorer and both amongst the goals at the start.

• Advertisement

Fleetwood v Nottingham Forrest in the League Cup tonight, Forrest are 21/20 to win, they seem to be very good odds on a Forrest win, have half their team gone and died or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement