Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Fleetwood v Nottingham Forrest in the League Cup tonight, Forrest are 21/20 to win, they seem to be very good odds on a Forrest win, have half their team gone and died or something?

They have lost a good few players but they've replaced most positions very well imo, no idea why the odds are like that. I have Fleetwood no clean sheet in my treble for today anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Osters 15/8 now, Bromm 11/10.

Tight game either way I reckon, obviously with both teams having good records, something has to give.

COuld be a game to stay away from.

Osters DNB 5/4. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Trying to find Osters game details, and it seems there are some notable people missing on both teams

Brommapojkarna: Carlsson is out (one of the main defenders, that has played 17 of the 18 games this season)
    Osters: Vasilj is out (one of the main defenders, that has played 16 of the 18 games this season)
    Osters: Velic is out too (a midfield playmaker that has played in 18 of the 18 of the game this season. He scored 7 goals too)

They are some big losses. The two defender losses makes me think that Overs is the way to go, but with one of Osters main creative players out it make me think that Brommapojkarna now have a really solid chance.

Brommapojkarna's pitch is artificial too - which is rare in the Superettan - so that could annoy Osters usual kind of play.

Teams (apparently)

oarngl.jpg9ME8Dl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Fleetwood Town v Nottingham Forest 21/20
    Oldham v Sheffield Wednesday evens
    Preston v Huddersfield 7/5
    Randers FC v Esbjerg Danish Double chance 4/10
    IF Brommapojkarna v Östers IF Double chance 8/15
    Cork City v St Patricks Ath. Double chance 3/10

threw a fiver on it!

Randers and Brom 1-0 up so far

• Advertisement

Germany U-19 5/6 to beat Scotland tomorrow ?

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Anyone have any opinion for tomorrows league cup game between Millwall / crawley town ??? Millwall home and serious odds of 5/6 , i know they were hopeless last season but surely home to a team who got promoted from league 2 last year isnt asking a huge amount of them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

velez sarsfield worth a bet

Avfctom wrote: »
    velez sarsfield worth a bet

Independiente were terrible last season, and had a horrible start to this season.

They did not buy in the break, and actually solid one of their best defenders.

Most of their new people this season are on Free Transfers and Loans, so they don't have much to make me think they will do great this season either

Velez are already a decent team, and have solid and bought solidly in the break

They have a great chance of a win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Put a bet on for the weekend. 4 aways @10/1 5e.
    United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bolton. What do ye reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Anyone know of places giving odds on Di Matteo sacked and Aguero Top Scorer by Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Oddschecker.com

Velez were better than that. In fact, Independiente were better than that. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth
    Guests are currently unable to sign new players. Head coach Appleton will therefore call upon the remaining members of last season's youth side and the club's development players.

pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble:
    Under 2.5 in Ireland U21 vs Turkey U21
    Under 3.5 in Faroe Islands U21 vs Denmark U21
    Russia win or draw
    @ 3.01

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

plymouth to beat portsmouth tonight in the league cup. hard to get better than 4/6 anywhere but WH are offering 15/8 on HT/FT

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/young-blues-deserve-apology-as-appy-fumes-1-4158097

Portsmouth are putting out a youth team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I got evens on a treble of malta, liechtenstein and serbia U-21s. Lump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

PP special of Juve, Madrid and Man Citeh to win their respective leagues 10/1.
    I've thrown a €5er on.

Stupid ladbrokes, getting an error every time I try to place a bet on the pompey-argyle match, contacted customer services and they said it should be working again soon, will be very unhappy if the odds change dramatically when the problem is solved..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

betfred have now suspended betting on it.

• Advertisement

Worked now, heres hoping these pompey kids are crap, and Plymouth are up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Nal wrote: »
    plymouth to beat portsmouth tonight in the league cup. hard to get better than 4/6 anywhere but WH are offering 15/8 on HT/FT

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/young-blues-deserve-apology-as-appy-fumes-1-4158097

Portsmouth are putting out a youth team.

10/11 in my local bookies in town

4/5 here for anyone phone account
    http://www.toals.co.uk/odds/footballmatchlists/midweek/0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

for anyone thinking of going big on plymouth:

1. there form is gash, infact they've lost their last two games 5-0!!!

2. pompey are looking for their fifth win in a row against them in league+cup

i know there fielding a weak team but id be a bit weary.. especially cause of the form

i'll probably have a small bet on plymouth in hoping pompeys team is treally weak

Well the way I see it, Plymouth will probably be gunning to win this well and build some confidence, its pretty much an u18 team there playing, and chances are most of those pompey kids won't make it in professional football so I can't see any way for them to get a result, but anything can happen I guess..

Seen it mentioned on the Argyle forum that Plymouth won the youth league pompey were in last season by the way, so by that logic alone they should be shot if the 1st team can't win, given that the plymouth youths aren't deemed good enough to play 1st team footie this year, there the most pessimistic fans I've ever seen, some predicting a 7-0 loss :D

I see PP aren't offering anything else on the Plymouth / Pompey match apart from the straight win, not their website anyway .

Alaska1 wrote: »
    I see PP aren't offering anything else on the Plymouth / Pompey match apart from the straight win, not their website anyway .

They sometimes do this, then go on to offer a full range of markets in-play

If you have no other options, you could wait til just after KO, then the bet you are after (if the put it up).

tinodz wrote: »
    They sometimes do this, then go on to offer a full range of markets in-play

If you have no other options, you could wait til just after KO, then the bet you are after (if the put it up).

Cheers, thinking Plymouth -1 for interest.

not sure what to with this game..

even though pompey have a youth team out or whatever there still a division ahead of plymouth and also plymouth losing both their last games 5-0 that doesnt give much confidence...

anyways hope plymouth do what they should do and win easily

shame we didnt get on this a few days ago.. just readting a few comments on plymouths and odds were better on them as a few were straight on them

madma wrote: »
    not sure what to with this game..

even though pompey have a youth team out or whatever there still a division ahead of plymouth and also plymouth losing both their last games 5-0 that doesnt give much confidence...

anyways hope plymouth do what they should do and win easily

If the Portsmouth team is made up of some of the 2011/2012 U18 squad, then they seem rubbish. That season they....

Played 28
    Wins 6
    Draws 6
    Losses 16

Finished bottom of their league too.

Not sure how many of these players are involved tonight though.

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    If the Portsmouth team is made up of some of the 2011/2012 U18 squad, then they seem rubbish. That season they....

Played 28
    Wins 6
    Draws 6
    Losses 16

Finished bottom of their league too.

Not sure how many of these players are involved tonight though.

yeah its a shame we wont know for sure who the players will be.. could be a potenital to go big on plymouth.. yeah that season stats are gash... did a few small bets.. just wondering whether to do a big bet on them.. the price has gone down to 1.65 now on betfair. i think they were 6/4 yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement