Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

teams: this was posted on the plymouth forum..

http://twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/235435049187692545/photo/1

anyone any idea about pompey team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I got on them at 4/6 a few hours ago, gone to 4/7 now, pompey gone from 10/3 to 4/1

No team sheets available yet then? considering putting a second bet on but might just watch the start of the game and see how it looks before I decide anything.

edit: hurray for madma, Pompey only have 3 subs, jeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I got on them at 4/6 a few hours ago, gone to 4/7 now, pompey gone from 10/3 to 4/1

No team sheets available yet then? considering putting a second bet on but might just watch the start of the game and see how it looks before I decide anything.

edit: hurray for madma, Pompey only have 3 subs, jeez

Plymouth have gone from 11/5 - 9/4 too 4/6 - 4/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

so tempted to to do a big bet but i dont know anything about the two teams and sure plymouth could be as rubbish as there youth team oppponents

plymouth missing some fan favourate player must be a striker as on the forum there all shocked he's not playing

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

ht/ft not looking good for me :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

**** me GET IN. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Nal wrote: »
    ht/ft not looking good for me :/
    Nal wrote: »
    **** me GET IN. :D

If Ade was here, he would be angry now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Belgium - Holland tomorrow.

Van Gaal already making "friends" by playing Huntelaar in stead of Van Persie. Vand Persie will be on the bench.
    Now that would be normal seeing that RvP only played 20 mins so far but Van Gaal has already made up his mind and said to the press his no 1 Cfwd will be Huntelaar.

Belgium to win @3.4 should be considered as the Belgians will want to stick it to the Dutch.
    Compare it to Ireland playing England as it comes to rivalry.

Think i am going to request odds on Holland not to qualify for the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Belgium - Holland tomorrow.

Van Gaal already making "friends" by playing Huntelaar in stead of Van Persie. Vand Persie will be on the bench.
    Now that would be normal seeing that RvP only played 20 mins so far but Van Gaal has already made up his mind and said to the press his no 1 Cfwd will be Huntelaar.

Belgium to win @3.4 should be considered as the Belgians will want to stick it to the Dutch.
    Compare it to Ireland playing England as it comes to rivalry.

Think i am going to request odds on Holland not to qualify for the WC.

what ya think of overs in that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Uruguay's confirmed line up vs France : no Suarez or Cavani!
    Muslera – M.Pereira, Lugano (cap), Godin, Victorino – D.Pérez, Pereira, Gargano, Rodriguez – Forlan, Abreu

I'm sure Deschamps will want to start with a win, imo he's very underrated as a coach, Uruguay lose very rarely but without Suarez and Cavani it should be hard for them to score even against an experimental defense.

This is France's probable line up:
    Lloris - Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sakho, Evra - Valbuena, Mavuba, Gonalons, Ribéry - Benzema, Giroud.
    On paper it looks a very good team, Mexes is out, Benzema is no longer alone upfront, Valbuena finally back in the starting line up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Cheers, thinking Plymouth -1 for interest.

**** you PP :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    what ya think of overs in that game?

Well... 3 goals doesnt seem to much to ask if it would have been a real friendly.
    But the Belgians will not see it that way.
    If by any chance they come 1-0 up i can see them park the bus and their supporters will be very much ok with that.

I would only go for overs if it would pay me @2.1/2.25

media_xll_1323270.jpg

Oefenduel = Friendly
    WK Kwal = WC qualifier
    WK = WC finals

then overs in the Germany match is the way to go it seems

gutted I missed out on even yesterday

gone to 4/5 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

PSG playing away to Ajaccio at the weekend.

Ajaccio finished 16th last season and PSG are 4/6 to win. They didn't win their last game but created bucket loads have chances, and should have Thiago Silva and Pastore back so I think they'll win this. The 5/6 on over 2.5 interests me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

japan
    south korea

double

Portugal play panama, its 3/10 if anyone's for lumping, can't see how portugal could possibly not win that.

Panama seem to be in the form of their lives, but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Portugal play panama, its 3/10 if anyone's for lumping, can't see how portugal could possibly not win that.

Panama seem to be in the form of their lives, but still..

Portugal tend to be fucking hopeless at friendlies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Portugal tend to be fucking hopeless at friendlies![/Quote]
    lol yh unless there playing spain

Avfctom wrote: »
    Portugal tend to be fucking hopeless at friendlies!
    lol yh unless there playing spain[/QUOTE]

Is Ronny etc expected to play ?

lol yh unless there playing spain

Is Ronny etc expected to play ?[/QUOTE]

I seen the ''probable'' lineups earlier on a site I'll dig them up nw

PORTUGAL

Rui Patricio
    Pereira, Coelho, Costa, Coentrao
    Moutinho, Veloso, Meireles
    Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo

PANAMA

Penedo
    Torres, Baloy, L Henriquez
    A Henriquez, Cedeno, Barahona, Perez
    Tejada, Aguilar, Quintero

http://www.goal.com/en/match/90635/portugal-vs-panama/preview

probably best not to go crazy on this given what you lads have said thou, might have a look at the 1st few minutes of the match and see how she looks. Pretty strong team thou if they do line out like that.

• Advertisement

A level where anything can happen but Croatia 7/5 to beat Georgia , u-21 tomorrow.

A level where anything can happen but Croatia 7/5 to beat Georgia , u-21 tomorrow.

http://www.wsn.com/football/u21-euro-qualification-league-table/

group tables are there, Croatia probably the better team (going by GD alone) but looks a bit risky

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Prima Radona

Blatter wrote: »
    PSG playing away to Ajaccio at the weekend.

Ajaccio finished 16th last season and PSG are 4/6 to win. They didn't win their last game but created bucket loads have chances, and should have Thiago Silva and Pastore back so I think they'll win this. The 5/6 on over 2.5 interests me as well.
    I'd be wary of PSG for a few weeks yet. The new players need time to gel, might be another dodgy result or two before they inevitably get it together and romp away with the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

Does anybody think there is a value in this match PORTSMOUTH VS. AFC BOURNEMOUTH , it's on this saturday 3:00pm. Currently available at 5/6 ( PP ). Based on the results tonight and Pompy's line up, it could very well be the same squad which will face Bournemouth. I could be wrong now, maybe Pompy will sign a couple of new players between now and saturday. Worth a punt anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Just having a quick browse at this weekends pl games. Opening weekend so smaller stakes.

man city -1, 4/7
    newcastle v spurs, overs 5/6
    qpr v swansea, unders 4/6

what do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

West Brom are playing Liverpool. But I agree, I think Liverpool will win 1-0 or 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

BKC wrote: »
    West Brom are playing Liverpool. But I agree, I think Liverpool will win 1-0 or 2-0.
    edited

wouldn't touch that match, too much has changed since last season so its an unknown. Betting blind.

tip74 wrote: »
    Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth
    Guests are currently unable to sign new players. Head coach Appleton will therefore call upon the remaining members of last season's youth side and the club's development players.

pick 1

Hey Tip just to say thanks sharing the bets

Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Germany v Argentina

Germany missing a few players like Gomez but Germany have such a good squad they'll easily cope. I actually fancy Argentina to win this since they've really played well recently and 2/1 is very juicy but to dodgy for a friendly

Id be surprised if we dont see goals in this match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    Does anybody think there is a value in this match PORTSMOUTH VS. AFC BOURNEMOUTH , it's on this saturday 3:00pm. Currently available at 5/6 ( PP ). Based on the results tonight and Pompy's line up, it could very well be the same squad which will face Bournemouth. I could be wrong now, maybe Pompy will sign a couple of new players between now and saturday. Worth a punt anyone?

Yep, definitely worth a punt IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement