Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

Alaska1 wrote: »
    A level where anything can happen but Croatia 7/5 to beat Georgia , u-21 tomorrow.

Croatia U21 without 2 best players: Ante Vukusic (Hajduk Split) and Mateo Kovacic (Dinamo Zagreb), they are with A team.

Also they gonna miss 1st and 2nd choice goalkeepers: Kalinic and Picak.

They lost their chances to qualify for U21 EURO 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, definitely worth a punt IMO.

Nearly sure I read yesterday Portsmouth have a few lads on trial currently, couldn't play them last night but I would assume unless they are signed proper couldn't play Saturday either, if they put out the team they had last night, could be a punters dream as it would be hard for them to pick up many results with absoloutley no experience in the side at all.

Read last night, only 2 players who appeared last night had a few minutes of actual Football League experiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    Does anybody think there is a value in this match PORTSMOUTH VS. AFC BOURNEMOUTH , it's on this saturday 3:00pm. Currently available at 5/6 ( PP ). Based on the results tonight and Pompy's line up, it could very well be the same squad which will face Bournemouth. I could be wrong now, maybe Pompy will sign a couple of new players between now and saturday. Worth a punt anyone?

Doesnt seem to be appearing on bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Doesnt seem to be appearing on bet365

Its looking like they'll go bust.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pompey-brink-chainrai-withdraws-takeover-bid-071720158.html

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know the Japan team lineups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Malmo Ladies and Denmark u21's are my double for tonight.

Malmo Ladies are just a class above everyone else in the league and they are playing low opposition.

Denmark u21's are playing Faroe Islands u21 in a qualifier match and anything other than a win is unacceptable.

Malmo Ladies + Denmark HT/FT returns evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone know the Japan team lineups?

way too late I know but..
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/08/15/world/friendlies/japan/venezuela/1313655/

Got on that Japan/korea double last night that avfctom mentioned was odds of 2.4 or so

jesus christ, Japan miss an open goal and Korea let in a horrible goal, both 1-1 now

edit: Korea score as I type, think it was Kawaga that missed the open goal..

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Treble

Wales
    England
    Germany

€5 returns €77.63

Russia are 1/1 to beat Ivory Coast any opinions? Think its a pretty decent shout myself, Capello's 1st game in charge and its in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Russia are 1/1 to beat Ivory Coast any opinions? Think its a pretty decent shout myself, Capello's 1st game in charge and its in Russia.

Ivory Coast are without their regular keeper Barry, I assume they're gonna use Yeboah, he's the 2nd choice GK at Dijon, that probably says a lot about his level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire_national_football_team#Current_squad

Did Capello win his first game with England?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Did Capello win his first game with England?

Won 2-1 against Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

alright lads.. long shot here but does anyone know what kinda team armenia will play v belurus.. its an early kick off at 5 i think,armenia are a team that have really impressed me and they are are around 5/4 to win and there at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Have something small on Latvia to win to nil @9.00 against Montenegro. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Anyone any views or know the teams for belgium and holland later ????

I seen earlier the week the belgium squad that was called up included Mignolet, kompany, van buyton, vermaalen, demebele, fellani, hazzard, lukaku ... pretty strong but aint sure if these will feature or be bothered with their leagues starting so soon ... Still though seeing the poor effort the dutch showed at the euros i cant imagine them trying too hard tonight... In my opinion belgium are a great shout at home 23/10 ....

Ive put 30 on em, hope im not premature doing so without the line ups announced, in saying that I CANNOT SEE HOLLAND WINNING THIS ONE (famous last words) DRAW DRAW DRAW SO :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Kompany is out of this match. Shouldnt bother Belgium too much. enough proper central defenders. They have issues at left and right back. That is why, despite all the other talent they have, they are coming short against most of the better teams.

Against Holland is a bit different. Belgium always play better than they really are out of pure motivation and rivalry.

Hollands front line will probably be Robben/Huntelaar/Narsingh

Expect many changes at HT from Holland as Van Gaal has said at leats 5 players will make their full debut tonight.

When i get the teams, i ll post them up here.

No Ibrahimovic for Sweden vs Brasil tonight.

Havent a clue about the Brasil team though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

inforfun wrote: »
    Kompany is out of this match. Shouldnt bother Belgium too much. enough proper central defenders. They have issues at left and right back. That is why, despite all the other talent they have, they are coming short against most of the better teams.

Against Holland is a bit different. Belgium always play better than they really are out of pure motivation and rivalry.

Hollands front line will probably be Robben/Huntelaar/Narsingh

Expect many changes at HT from Holland as Van Gaal has said at leats 5 players will make their full debut tonight.

When i get the teams, i ll post them up here.

Belgium come up short against freakin Azerbaijan. They are either mentally all over the place or overrated.

Dutch team for tonight:

77fbf250-991e-446a-81bb-9f245ec7549d_veldje_opstelling_ned-bel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity Belgium are ****e up front

• Advertisement

Russia 1-0 up, hurrah, covered it with a double chance too just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

N.Ireland v Finland
    N.Ireland have lost their last six matches the last three without even scoring

Finland 6/4

inforfun wrote: »
    No Ibrahimovic for Sweden vs Brasil tonight.

Havent a clue about the Brasil team though.

Brazil (probable): Gabriel, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Alex Sandro, Rômulo, Paulinho, Ramires, Oscar, Neymar, Leandro Damião

http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/brazil-x-sweden-probable-starting-line-ups-15-august-2012/

Headshot wrote: »
    Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Germany v Argentina

Germany missing a few players like Gomez but Germany have such a good squad they'll easily cope. I actually fancy Argentina to win this since they've really played well recently and 2/1 is very juicy but to dodgy for a friendly

Id be surprised if we dont see goals in this match

Single
    Argentina 2/1

Argentina with a strong squad

Germany missing Neuer, Lahm, Mertesacker, Schweinsteiger, S.Bender Podolski, Gomez

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Narsingh off to Newcastle too, hope the bookies under estimate them again this year,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Couple of bets I like for this evening - Iceland (-1) v Faroe Iskands @ evens, Iceland are on a crap run but surely at home they can take care of the Faroesse who normally loose by 2 or more goals away. Again I'm betting against the Faroe Islands here u21 Danish team are gunning for qualification and they are away, Faroes have nothing to play for - not nay markets here but taking them half time full time @ 8/11 - gonna double them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Narsingh off to Newcastle too, hope the bookies under estimate them again this year,

He only signed for PSV?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Belgium vs Holland (Holland team a few posts up)

Courtois; Gillet, Van Buyten, Vermaelen, Vertonghen; Defour, Hazard, Witsel; Mirallas, Benteke en Chadli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

This is France's probable line up:
    Lloris - Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sakho, Evra - Valbuena, Mavuba, Gonalons, Ribéry - Benzema, Giroud.

That's the confirmed line up. I really wanna bet on France but Uruguay have such a good record in friendlies beating Italy, drawing with Holland, Russia...

I'll just have a small stake on Vabuena anytime @ 3.25

also draw in that game and in Guingamp vs Monaco @ 9.20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement