Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I though I read somewhere that they had signed players even before the Plymouth game but they weren't registered in time, leave me do some digging......

Yep, they've signed a blast of players including Izale Mcleod Barnet's top goal scorer last season if I remember correctly.
    I might even dabble in Portsmouth at 13/5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yep, they've signed a blast of players including Izale Mcleod Barnet's top goal scorer last season if I remember correctly.
    I might even dabble in Portsmouth at 13/5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581
    Jon Harley and Brian Howard are other recognised players brought in. Yer right about McLeod . Can see no reason why he wont score goals in league 1.

Odds actually shortening across all the bookies on Portsmouth, I've taken a small bit on them with PP just because they're 16/5 is by far the best out there I can see

Or the double chance @ evens again with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

gone for a longshot

wolves or draw
    aston villa or draw
    bolton or draw
    middelsboro or draw
    sheffield wednesday or draw
    blackburn or draw
    swndon or draw
    spurs or draw

20/1 £20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Under 2.5 in Liepajas Metalurgs vs Skonto
    Siauliai
    @ 2.07

Double:
    Under 2.5 in Liepajas Metalurgs vs Skonto
    Bastia
    @ 2.52

Skonto's games against Metalurgs or Ventspils almost always go under 2.5, check out the head to head stats:
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/08/18/latvia/virsliga/fhk-liepajas-metalurgs/skonto-fc/1260751/head2head/

Siauliai are playing against these jokers: http://www.soccerway.com/teams/lithuania/fk-reo-lt-vilnius/ hopefully the game won't be fixed :pac:

Bastia vs Reims:
    This is a game between two promoted teams, Bastia have a decent team and a good coach and could be one of the suprise packages in Ligue 1 this season imo, they're very strong at home, they didn't lose a single game at home in their last 2 seasons (in 3rd division then 2nd). They won their first game 3-2 away to Sochaux while Reims lost 1-0 at home vs Marseille. Reims have a very average team imo but their keeper is pretty good. Bastia beat them 1-0 last season thanks to a last minute goal.

Avfctom wrote: »
    gone for a longshot

wolves or draw
    aston villa or draw
    bolton or draw
    middelsboro or draw
    sheffield wednesday or draw
    blackburn or draw
    swndon or draw
    spurs or draw

20/1 £20

Good luck! I hope your let down in the early game thou! C'mon Leeds! we're coming up this season, takeover or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Odds actually shortening across all the bookies on Portsmouth, I've taken a small bit on them with PP just because they're 16/5 is by far the best out there I can see

Or the double chance @ evens again with PP

are these signings good? think ill do them DNB. there price was big yesterday but i bets its slashed now..damn

bournmouth were 1.65 yesterday with betfair.. there now evens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Good luck! I hope your let down in the early game thou! C'mon Leeds! we're coming up this season, takeover or not.

i fancy u to be promoted myself solid team with a quality manager think its got draw written all over it

madma wrote: »
    are these signings good? think ill do them DNB. there price was big yesterday but i bets its slashed now..damn

bournmouth were 1.65 yesterday with betfair.. there now evens

Dont know many of them bar the keeper and McCleod, he's quality up front, got 18 goals in a Barnet that survived relegation on the last day,

• Advertisement

Dont know many of them bar the keeper and McCleod, he's quality up front, got 18 goals in a Barnet that survived relegation on the last day,

might back them..hoping they'll be playing for pride.. theres no draw no bet on betfair at the moment nobodys betting on it.. might have to back them.. bournmouths away from of late aint great so hopefully pompy will be up for this

Never back much on the opening day anyway, gonna enjoy the weekend before I get stuck into it in September :D

Avfctom wrote: »
    i fancy u to be promoted myself solid team with a quality manager think its got draw written all over it

Here's hoping Tom! Ken Bates is doing his best to ruin the club, I hope he hasn't done irreparable damage already by selling all the quality players that were there, agreed thou, Warnock is the man to bring them up.

yeah too many shocks.. ah i made a stupid bet yesterday so im trying to find a good value one at the weekend to make up for it

not gonna go near them yet ill see what team news is out..but i bet the prices will be crap 2mrw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'll gladly invest the millions I win on Saturday in Super Leeds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Over [EMAIL="3.5@4/5total"]3.5@4/5total[/EMAIL] goals in the Rangers game and over [EMAIL="1.5@4/5"]1.5@4/5[/EMAIL] first half goals.
    Might have a bit of over [EMAIL="4.5@5/4"]4.5@5/4[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="-3@6/4"]-3@6/4[/EMAIL] closer to kickoff.
    After last weeks horror show I cant really see anything other than a comprehensive Rangers home win.

Lille are playing for the first time in their new stadium tomorrow vs Nancy.

Double:
    Lille to score over 1.5
    Siauliai
    @ 1.88

btw infor, how good is Assaidi? He just joined Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Over [EMAIL="3.5@4/5total"]3.5@4/5total[/EMAIL] goals in the Rangers game and over [EMAIL="1.5@4/5"]1.5@4/5[/EMAIL] first half goals.
    Might have a bit of over [EMAIL="4.5@5/4"]4.5@5/4[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="-3@6/4"]-3@6/4[/EMAIL] closer to kickoff.
    After last weeks horror show I cant really see anything other than a comprehensive Rangers home win.
    East Stirling had a fantastic result in the cup last week, but that has to have been a one off, they are one of the worst clubs in scottish football history, I doubt they will be able to cope with the size of pitch and atmosphere, Rangers should be able to move the ball around and make some space even if Stirling put everyone behind the ball. Rangers really should be up for this, I'm going to go for over 3.5 myself anyway\
    \
    Christ, I've won 15 of the last 17 bets, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Dare I say Monaco ? away to Guingamp Saturday, 1pm..

15/8 for the win.

Alaska1 wrote: »

15/8 for the win.

Careful with that game, Guingamp rarely lose at home just like Laval, they only lost 3 times at home last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Just seen there are doubts over the match fitness of cabaye and tiote and modric is in madrid and no adebayor this season so the newcastle v spurs game might be best avoided this weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Had a 4 fold put together last night.
    It is ****ed already by Vasco conceding in injury time but i had 2 German DFB Pokal matches in there as well that i will take on again.

Braunschweig en FSV Frankfurt (2. bundesliga) away to regional liga teams were @1,8 and 1,66 last night.

Both Braunschweig and Frankfurt had decent starts of the season if 2 matches are anything to go by.

And since my trebles/4 folds are usually ****ed by 1 not coming in, these german matches are of course 100% certainties*.

Not sure if i again put the 4th match i had in that 4fold back in.
    Villareal - Real Madrid B. Villareal @1.95.
    No idea what is left of that team but for a relegated team against a promoted team i liked those odds.

* maybe not

inforfun wrote: »
    Had a 4 fold put together last night.
    It is ****ed already by Vasco conceding in injury time but i had 2 German DFB Pokal matches in there as well that i will take on again.

Braunschweig en FSV Frankfurt (2. bundesliga) away to regional liga teams were @1,8 and 1,66 last night.

Both Braunschweig and Frankfurt had decent starts of the season if 2 matches are anything to go by.

And since my trebles/4 folds are usually ****ed by 1 not coming in, these german matches are of course 100% certainties*.

Not sure if i again put the 4th match i had in that 4fold back in.
    Villareal - Real Madrid B. Villareal @1.95.
    No idea what is left of that team but for a relegated team against a promoted team i liked those odds.

* maybe not

They have lost a fair few players, notibly Nilmar, Diego Lopez & Borja Valero but they have signed a couple , Olaf Mellborg & Cavenaghi and held onto the likes of Rossi, Senna and Cani.

They should sail back up to the Premiera League but with it being the 1st game this weekend ya wouldn't know.

I will follow you on this though, think they should have to much for Madrid's second team.

Isnt Rossi still knackered?

inforfun wrote: »
    Isnt Rossi still knackered?

Actually your are right, re-injured the Cruciate in his knee in April, so he will be out till the new year at the very least, he had only come back from that injury also before doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    CFR Cluj v CSMS Iasi
    CFR Cluj: Muresan, Deac
    CSMS Iasi: Nalati, Badic, Mihalachioaie, Tincu, Gado
    Pick 1

Vitória v Joinville
    Vitória: Leílson, Deola
    Joinville: Tarcísio, Romano, Maurício, Lima, Adaílton
    Pick 1

AaB Aalborg v FC Midtjylland
    AaB Aalborg: N. Thomsen (0/0 m), Kayke (0/0 f)
    FC Midtjylland: Christensen (0/0 m), T. Janssen (3/2 f), Koch (0/0 g), Haugaard (1/0 g), Madsen (0/0 m), Uzochukwu (5/0 m)
    Pick 1X

Lille OSC v AS Nancy
    Lille OSC: Debuchy (1/0 d)
    AS Nancy: Dampha (0/0 m), Hammar (0/0 m), Helder (0/0 d), Zenke (0/0 f)
    Pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Alaska1 wrote: »

15/8 for the win.
    Careful with that game, Guingamp rarely lose at home just like Laval, they only lost 3 times at home last season.

I'm more inclined to go with +2.5, really depends on how the teams set up - Monaco may be happy to park l'autobus as in Laval match.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Las what ya think of PSG chances at the weekend?

Im liking ibra to score and psg to win at 13/10

Probably more out of precaution than anything else but he didnt play for Sweden earlier this week because of injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Donegal Celtic v Portadown
    Portadown 10/11 look a good bet against DC

Anyone been in touch with Yardie, i see him posting on another forum now he was a good poster here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement