Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English with Film Studies

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Okay so I know that there is probably another thread or two about this but I haven't found any really useful information about the course yet so I thought I'd give it a go and start my own thread. I'm currently in 6th year but hoping to attend UCD next year and possibly take English with Film, the problem is that the course is relatively new so I haven't found as much feedback on the course as I'd like! So I thought I'd ask, are any of you doing this course? If so, can you tell me what it entails, what the atmosphere is like amongst students and with the staff too, are you happy you took this course? I've read all the prospectus has to offer, I'd just like to hear from the students taking the course themselves :) Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 incupsofcoffee

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

The English modules will be fairly time consuming so be prepared for it. Lots of reading, research and group projects. Lit 1 and 2 is mainly Chaucer/Shakespeare and newspapers.
    Lit Genre is poetry, short stories and drama. Coming age of Narratives is basically stories about kids growing up. Lots of reading in that one.
    I don't know much about the film part but I've met a few people who have done it. Main issue seems to be that the classes are later in the evening, I think on Friday and can have you in pretty late in the evenings, 5-7pm. I know they look at a wide range of things too eg. Funny Games (1997) and Castle in the Sky (I think) but I'm not sure what is looked at in depth.

Advertisement