Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Suggestions please

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i need some Suggestions for a decent monitor im not looking for something huge just something that will look nice and give me the best Graphics from my rig
    Specs of PC
    HIS HD 6870 IceQ X
    Windows 7
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB
    Corsair Vengeance Ram 8GB
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3
    Cooler Master 690 II Lite - pure black
    Thermalright True Spirit 120
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    My Budget for the monitor would be around the 200 range i was thinking something around the 20" Size
    Thanks in advance lads also iv heard HDMI is best for Gaming PCs is this true or would i be better with a VGA Monitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/monitors/20097160/dell_23_u2312hm_lcd_8ms_vga_dvi_d/details.aspx

DVI, or VGA is fine, most good monitors have all three connections, neither DVI or VGA support audio but that won't be a problem as the monitor doesn't have built in speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/monitors/20097160/dell_23_u2312hm_lcd_8ms_vga_dvi_d/details.aspx

DVI, or VGA is fine, most good monitors have all three connections, neither DVI or VGA support audio but that won't be a problem as the monitor doesn't have built in speakers.

Awesome are you sure VGA has the same sharpness and stuff? Alot of the video card Reviews i saw say stuff like "Dont use this" About the VGA adaptors and stuff thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

VGA will be always washed out. I have seen that with my own eyes now. Always use DVI if you can.

Hdmi is same as dvi, but only adds sound too. It is only important if you connecting your pc to tv. With normal pc setups you will have speakers anyway, so those will need a sound card connections.

Does the Gpu im getting support DVI tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Digy123 wrote: »
    Does the Gpu im getting support DVI tho?

Yes.
    DVI-D (Single-Link) ¦ DVI-I (dual link) ¦ HDMI ¦ 2 x Mini DisplayPort

• Advertisement

Thanks. sorry im a Bit of a noob with PCs at the moment but could i play TF2 and BF3 on this Monitor? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

TF2 will be a walk in the park. With BF3 you'll probably have to lower a few settings, but the 6870 will certainly manage it, yeah.

Serephucus wrote: »
    TF2 will be a walk in the park. With BF3 you'll probably have to lower a few settings, but the 6870 will certainly manage it, yeah.

Many Thanks lads i now Think i have everything i need for my build time to get the parts

Advertisement