Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space clearing

Options
  • 12-05-2012 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there, can anyone recommend a way of clearing the energy of their home without using sage or incense? In old places I would have used these things, but in my current place there is a fire alarm I cannot disconnect and if it goes off it will set off all the other alarms in the building! So something that doesn't involve smoke would be great!

Over the last couple of months I have been sick and also dealing with panic and anxiety issues. Now that I'm getting better I'd like to clear out my home and invite in positive energy and light. At the moment I feel the energy of my sickness and worry hanging over my home and I'd just like to lighten the place up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Here is something i found tonight.I havent heard of it before and im not sure what to make of it but its worth a try and its free:)play at full volume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cz7ate7i8&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EveningStar

Thanks for the link Gillad, but that's not quite what I'm thinking. It's not spirit removal I'm thinking of, but simply something to clear out any energy leftover from my bad patch :)

Also, I had a quick look and not sure I could handle that high pitched noise being played at full blast! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Back in the day when I was living with my folks and wanted to be discrete about my practices, I didn't want to have sage smoke around the place either.
    What I did was strip down a circle casting ceremony to the bare essentials and just went from room to room performing it over and over again. In each room, once the circle was cast, I would then visualise white light simultaneously entering through the crown and root chakras, filling my body and then permeating out into the space I wanted to clear.
    Once I was satisfied, I closed the circle, went on to the next room and repeated.

It might not be to everyone's taste, especially for the purists, but I reckon it was sufficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Palo santo was recommened to me as being better than sage.It doesnt have to be burned,it can be soaked in water and comes as an oil too.It can be bought on ebay.ie
    http://www.scents-of-earth.com/palo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Karen Kingston

It’s a common misconception that using sage or incense is a method of space clearing. Although these techniques can help to lift very heavy atmospheres at the beginning of a ceremony, they don’t do anything more than temporarily lift the space. They do not substantially or permanently change energies.

These two articles explain:
    http://www.spaceclearing.com/blog/2009/03/11/incense/
    http://www.spaceclearing.com/blog/2009/01/14/smudging/

EveningStar, you say you’ve been sick for the last couple of months. If you are fully recovered now it’s fine to do space clear your home, but if you are not yet 100% fit and healthy then it is better to wait until you are, otherwise you may suffer a relapse.

However you can make a start on cleaning and clutter clearing your home from top to bottom, which can often make a huge difference to the energy of a space. And when you are ready, get yourself a copy of my original Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui book, which has sold over a million copies in 17 languages, and explains space clearing in detail. I just checked at Amazon.co.uk and there are 103 used copies at £0.01, so you’ll really only have to pay for postage.

I’m currently writing a brand new book about space clearing, but don’t wait for that. It won’t be published until next year.

Hope this information is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I
    EveningStar, you say you’ve been sick for the last couple of months. If you are fully recovered now it’s fine to do space clear your home, but if you are not yet 100% fit and healthy then it is better to wait until you are, otherwise you may suffer a relapse.

By the way, I should have picked up on this point also. Apart from space clearing, your first port of call should be to the doctor. You can't be too careful and persistent sickness, anxiety and panic could all be symptoms of something you need to get checked out.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions.
    It’s a common misconception that using sage or incense is a method of space clearing. Although these techniques can help to lift very heavy atmospheres at the beginning of a ceremony, they don’t do anything more than temporarily lift the space. They do not substantially or permanently change energies.

I had no idea of this! I haven't delved too deep into these matters, so it's news to me. I'll have a read through those articles and perhaps add a copy of your book to my next Amazon order to learn a bit more.

I'm sad to hear this, because while I am a lot better I am not yet fully recovered and still have a way to go. I don't know yet if we have found the full reason why I have been so unwell. And sometimes I think I may just have to learn to live with a certain level of discomfort.

It's just that in my apartment I feel the weight of all the worries/panic I went through and I had wanted to lighten that feeling. I think you are right that a good spring clean, opening the doors and windows for a couple of hours and maybe burning some essential oils will really help with the feeling in the space.
    By the way, I should have picked up on this point also. Apart from space clearing, your first port of call should be to the doctor. You can't be too careful and persistent sickness, anxiety and panic could all be symptoms of something you need to get checked out.

Thank you for your kindness :) My doctor has been looking after me very well, and I have many more appointments ahead to try and unravel what has been going wrong. I'm also currently in the middle of a course of CBT to deal with the anxiety and so far it's really helping. I also see a good counsellor whenever I have the money & need. I have no doubt I'll be fully back on track soon!

Thanks also for your advice about the circle. It's been many years since I've opened a circle, but I quite like the though of returning to it. When I feel like I'm finally rid of bad health I'll think about it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 WavyDavy

Thank you for your kindness :) My doctor has been looking after me very well, and I have many more appointments ahead to try and unravel what has been going wrong. I'm also currently in the middle of a course of CBT to deal with the anxiety and so far it's really helping. I also see a good counsellor whenever I have the money & need. I have no doubt I'll be fully back on track soon!

Good luck to you EveningStar, great to hear you are getting better!

WavyDavy wrote: »
    Good luck to you EveningStar, great to hear you are getting better!

Thank you very much! :D

Advertisement