Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ban on all religion

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

prinz wrote: »
    The force is strong with this one. Aren't you the poster who referenced (and lamented the fact it didn't occur) the planned Nazi invasion of Ireland on a thread about the travelling community on this forum.... trolling is right.
    Troll, troll, attempt to derail and troll again. Good going, champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

@prinz:Ah, no engaging in discussion then, just trolling? Can't say I expected much from an audience that 84% of claim to be Catholic yet don't follow the teachings of the church whatsoever to be honest.

These 'Teachings of the church ' you speak of ?

does this include

'How to fcuk kids and get away with it 101 '

and so on ?

Probably a good sense of humour.

I'll leave the "fact checking" and the over-inflated sense of knowledge to more "worthy" people like yourself.

After all, you seem to know how to use Wikipedia with aplomb.
    Indeed, damn those horrid "fact" things, what a curse they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Religion is not the cause of anything. People are the cause!

Religion is just the medium through which we amplify our differences which we choose to kill each other over.

If it wasn't religion, it would be something else!
    And yet, the less religious and dogmatic we get, the less violent and more peaceful the world is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Icepick wrote: »
    And yet, the less religious and dogmatic we get, the less violent and more peaceful the world is.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Indeed, damn those horrid "fact" things, what a curse they are.

There's no such thing as facts when it comes to history. There's stuff that happens & there's people's viewpoints on what happened. In between there's a lot of grey stuff.

You might think that your viewpoint is right, but you are probably wrong.

I'm probably wrong also, but I'm aware of that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fianna saor

personally i do believe religion should be banned. this country has been mainly catholic for years and look at the problems that were caused, more and more people are turning their back on the church, the congregations are reducing. at the same time people are reporting followers of islam are increasing.. do we really want that as a replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Do people know most if not all problem are cause by the human need to be right.
    If religion wasn't around this thread would be about banning blue because i think yellow is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

So you think "God" is an alien or a race of aliens? Interesting!

What led you to this conclusion?

Exactly - I do think god is an alien.

Many years of being taught cathesisim and coming up to my own conclusions on things like immaculate conception (abduction and impregnation), assents into heaven (space ship coming back). even before JC, building of the pyramids (by the Nephilim) etc.

I don't have a gang FYI.

• Advertisement

personally i do believe religion should be banned. this country has been mainly catholic for years and look at the problems that were caused, more and more people are turning their back on the church, the congregations are reducing. at the same time people are reporting followers of islam are increasing.. do we really want that as a replacement?

You're right!

After all, religions do nothing but oppress the people, their thoughts, beliefs and ideas by putting outright bans on things they don't like or feel threatened by!

We should also ban irony!

MsQuinn wrote: »

Many years of being taught cathesisim and coming up to my own conclusions on things like immaculate conception (abduction and impregnation), assents into heaven (space ship coming back). even before JC, building of the pyramids (by the Nephilim) etc.

I don't have a gang FYI.

I think you do. And I think Tom Cruise is your leader.

You're right!

After all, religions do nothing but oppress the people, their thoughts, beliefs and ideas by putting outright bans on things they don't like or feel threatened by!

We should ban ironing. Except for shirts. According to my religion, that's why God invented women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fianna saor

You're right!

i dont or never have felt threatened by religion this isnt 1956.

I don't have a gang FYI.

It's funny at how you had to validate yourself at the end to let people know you weren't in a cult.

I always find it hilarious when people slag off cults!

"Ah, sure those lads who believe that the messiah is an alien? That's the most absurd thing i've ever heard! They must be crazy! Who the hell would believe a thing like that?

The messiah is a 2000 year old zombie! DUUUUH!"

• Advertisement

We should ban ironing. Except for shirts. According to my religion, that's why God invented women.

So your religion is sexist eh?

Doesn't really narrow it down!
    i dont or never have felt threatened by religion this isnt 1956.

Nope, this is 2012, when you want to ban religion because you don't like Islam!

So your religion is sexist eh?

My religion is sexy.

My religion is sexy.

I used to be a sex symbol in my religion!

But that all ended when I got too old to be an altar boy!

A muslim invasion, you say?

I think you do. And I think Tom Cruise is your leader.

Ha ha. If my beliefs are similar then it is very coincidental.

Scientologists believe there are little aliens invading your body that need to be purged by auditing.

Things like that is what separates a cult from free minded beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Oh Jesus I agree Big Time!!!!!

It's funny at how you had to validate yourself at the end to let people know you weren't in a cult.

I always find it hilarious when people slag off cults!

"Ah, sure those lads who believe that the messiah is an alien? That's the most absurd thing i've ever heard! They must be crazy! Who the hell would believe a thing like that?

The messiah is a 2000 year old zombie! DUUUUH!"

No - not hilarious at all - hope you have recovered from your laughing fit.

You do know that there was civilisation 2000 years ago.

No - not hilarious at all - hope you have recovered from your laughing fit.

You do know that there was civilisation 2000 years ago.

I didn't mean funny literally, I could've said "It's sad............"

What I was saying was, you shouldn't need to defend yourself and say you're not in a cult.

Also, the 2000 year old zombie was a very obvious reference. A reference to that guy we all know and love, the guy we have in our heart!

Gay Byrne, he's mega-old!

I didn't mean funny literally, I could've said "It's sad............"

What I was saying was, you shouldn't need to defend yourself and say you're not in a cult.

Also, the 2000 year old zombie was a very obvious reference. A reference to that guy we all know and love, the guy we have in our heart!

Gay Byrne, he's mega-old!

You know, you have show your cards on public forums - you might know where I'm coming from, but not all do.

And yes, the guy you are talking about, is someone I extremely believe in. I believe in Jesus 100%. He was brought back into the skies in a ray of light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

The same people who start and support these Kinds of threads are the same ones who gorge and get fat at Easter and Christmas.

cursai wrote: »
    The same people who start and support these Kinds of threads are the same ones who gorge and get fat at Easter and Christmas.

Who cares?

I don't believe St Patrick bansihed snakes from Ireland, but I still get pissed on Paddys Day!

You know, you have show your cards on public forums - you might know where I'm coming from, but not all do.

And yes, the guy you are talking about, is someone I extremely believe in. I believe in Jesus 100%. He was brought back into the skies in a ray of light.
    http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35e9j2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Believe whatever the fúck you like, just keep your beliefs out of Government.

memes not so last year - but congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cryano

People should be free to believe any crazy nonsense they want. My problem with religion is when I have to pay for it.

Why was my folks hard earned tax money used to pay a lunatic religion teacher to shout at my because I hadnt learn a pointless payer off by heart for homework. Surely this was a complete waist of time.

Keep religion out of schools. I dont want anyone spouting the pure **** I had to hear for 14 years of education at my kids and particularly dont want to be footing the bill.

+ dole trolls, if you want your kids to make their communion, save money for communion dresses. I see no reason the tax payer should foot the bill for this.

• Advertisement

memes not so last year - but congrats
    It's 2000 years ago beside Scotty at the control panel beaming up raptor jesus?

cryano wrote: »
    Why was my folks hard earned tax money used to pay a lunatic religion teacher to shout at my because I hadnt learn a pointless payer off by heart for homework. Surely this was a complete waist of time.

You're lucky he's not around to see this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I have a constructive reply to your suggestion :

Eat me.
    Anyway, I've absolutely no desire to waste more time talking to someone capable of the ****e you've posted in the abortion thread so good day to you.

Although, like before, I'm sure you won't settle to not have the last word on the matter, you petty little man.
    Oh well done. I'm sorry that the suggestion of actually checking your facts before asserting them offends you, although what can really be expected from someone who spends so, so much of their life on "After Hours"?
    Troll, troll, attempt to derail and troll again. Good going, champ.
    alphabeat wrote: »
    These 'Teachings of the church ' you speak of ?

does this include

'How to fcuk kids and get away with it 101 '

and so on ?
    My religion is sexy.
    Believe whatever the fúck you like, just keep your beliefs out of Government.
    You're lucky he's not around to see this now!
    ^^^^^^^^^
    For those wondering why this thread was closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement