Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with getting sound using an unofficial HDMI on a slim.

Options
  • 12-05-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Right now I have a HDMI cable (from a skybox) which works grand on my 250G slim. Only problem is I am unsure if it's possible to get my Turtlebeach working or getting any sound at all to begin with.

What I want to know is do I need to use an actual official Xbox HDMI cable to get video and sound or do I at least need some sort of adapter OR in a perfect world could I get this unofficial cable to work with the headset aswell as I may just be a little stupid in knowing how to wire it so I get both.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

all cables should work fine

im not exactly sure what you mean though. why would your headset have anything to do with the hdmi cable you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Well firstly WOW getting a reply at this hour that's commitment. Anyway I have realised I could simplify that question. Do I need an audio adaptor when using an HDMI cable so that I can get both audio and video or will the HDMI cable and turtle beach wires alone be all I need.

Again if it's still confusing I am sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Okay problem fixed:D

good stuff

coz ive still got no idea what you were asking at all haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Even though you've sorted it, I'll post the answer to the problem (I think) so others can see it, then I'll lock the thread.

Basically, when you buy a headset, you can simultaneously use both the headset and any other speakers connected to the console. ie. Use a HDMI to connect the console to a TV or home cinema system and you can then also plug in your component cable with the red, yellow and white leads + optical port for use with a headset.

Sound and picture will be transmitted over all cables connected to the console.

Thank you... I'll be here all week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Composite is red, yellow and white.

Component is red, green and blue for video with red and white for sound.

Even though you've sorted it, I'll post the answer to the problem (I think) so others can see it, then I'll lock the thread.

Basically, when you buy a headset, you can simultaneously use both the headset and any other speakers connected to the console. ie. Use a HDMI to connect the console to a TV or home cinema system and you can then also plug in your component cable with the red, yellow and white leads + optical port for use with a headset.

Sound and picture will be transmitted over all cables connected to the console.

Thank you... I'll be here all week ;)

aaaaaaaaaaah i see

now that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Composite is red, yellow and white.

Component is red, green and blue for video with red and white for sound.

I hate it when I make mistakes... thank you for pointing out the error of my ways...

Consider yourself a marked man ;)

Advertisement