Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Maps - D15 (and all other areas)

Options
  • 12-05-2012 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭

Posting these here as it was sending "Buying a house in D15, location or space?" thread off topic.
    covers all Ireland - not just D15.... thought some here might find it interesting.

3 maps I know of more, can post later
    Big hint: If you hold down shift you can draw a "Zoom-To" box with the mouse to get somewhere fast.

Note: Its flash based - so wont work with ipads or iphones.

Data Source: Its basically the data from Irish 2006 Census - so very current.

The Maps

1. All-Island Deprivation Index
    Measure deprivation - A combination of relative affluence and deprivation: demographic profile, social class composition and labor market.

2. Housing Monitoring Tool
    Mapping & querying tool for the housing market - looks at difficulties in the housing sector.

3. All-Island Accessibility Mapping Tool
    Proxmity to services (Schools etc) & drive times - This map shows the levels of ‘drive-time’ accessibility to key settlements and services on the Island of Ireland. The maps highlight areas with low level of access to services.
    Remember to click on the TOC to calculate drive times to Primary schools etc..

204550.jpg

Full info:
    Link

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Another very newly released map....

If you've been to any D15 Planning Meetings you will have seen similar to this one before printed and handed out - but you can check out what is planned for any site yourself ...
    ** Use the identify tool to see what's planned for a particular site.
    ** There are lots of other very useful data hidden in the "Layers" icon at the top - Historical Sites - Protected areas - Roads, Schools etc.

http://www.myplan.ie/viewer/

205141.jpg

Dont know what happened to the other images, I cannot edit my post - but they are small in size so Ill reattach them here...

205140.jpg

205139.jpg

205138.jpg

Map_Image2.jpg
    Map_Image3.jpg
    Map_Image4.jpg
    Map_Image5.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

j.pegs work fine, but I keep getting error messages on the other links and the don't open :(

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I keep getting error messages(

Just checked on two pcs - and they are all working for me - all require Flash to be installed on your pc - so wont work on Ipad etc..

Here's another nice one, this one doesnt need flash - these are more widely known - but just in case anyone hasnt seen them.

Maps of the area in

1920's
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,708066,738506,6,9

and coming up to 2 centuries ago (1830's)
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,708066,738506,6,7

Use the Slider on the right to merge in modern maps over the old maps - so you can see what your house was built on etc...

205453.jpg

205454.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

k4vyau.jpg

Also, Corduff old and new, overlay.

2a7c4qo.jpg

Also, Corduff old and new, overlay.

thanks - do you have the urls for the viewers for those two maps?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Here's another cool map viewer

This one shows all the historic monuments in Ireland - there are Loads of hidden ones around D15.

Check out what that large mound in Millenium Park in Blanchardstown that the kids play on is...

Really interesting.. (hint:
    Human Bones!
    )
    Or search by its id: "DU013-019002-"

Link to viewer:
    http://webgis.archaeology.ie/NationalMonuments/FlexViewer/

To use this viewer - zoom in to an area - and use the Blue (I) (Identify) icon in the top toolbar (beside the hand) and click on a red dot - popups will display a summary of the information and there is a button to get the full details of the monument.

205506.jpg

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    thanks - do you have the urls for the viewers for those two maps?

I cant recall where i got them from, it was a buildings of Ireland website. Found it by chance at the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I cant recall where i got them from, it was a buildings of Ireland website. Found it by chance at the time.

Maybe it's this one. It overlays the older maps over the modern ones.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Maybe it's this one. It overlays the older maps over the modern ones.

That's the one.

I see there is a B&W 1995 image.

For people living in Waterville, they can work out what was there before they were :) Pray you are not living on Unit 9 :)

This area interests me. Goddamendy. The burial ground up near Dollys.

ivel3l.jpg

ozmo wrote: »
    Another very newly released map....

Crime statistics map....

http://airo.ie/news/airo-crime-mapping-toolkit

239683.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement