Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a referee signal a major penalty?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I need to know if the referee makes a second sign to signal a major penalty, like if the guy is bleeding. How does he officially communicate it's a 5 minute? I need the sign for a motion graphic video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I'm not really sure of this as I've completely fallen out of hockey regarding the rules... But from my recollection there's major and minor signals. The call isn't made from the result, he's bleeding... the call is made on the action, eg: he slashed the toe of his blade into his eye.

Here's a list of signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Yep, think thats right. Its said to the player and the time keeper. Think everyone else finds out when its put on the score board. Think in the lower leagues its also said to each bench aswell

Advertisement