Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somewhere to put equipment

Options
  • 12-05-2012 7:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm trying to send some proper internet to myself (outside the city).
    It would involve getting in a UPC connection and putting up a dish outside.
    I've been looking for some time at ways to do it but I'm stuck for a house or premesis to put the equipment in the city and I'm wondering if anybody could help me out with somewhere to put it or if anyone has any other ideas? Especially anyone around Gracedieu or Carrickpherish.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If it meant i could get UPC broadband, you could put it up on my house, but i'm in Ferrybank...

Just re-read and understood the post more, i can't get UPC so that fooks that... What way are you managing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Hi all, I'm trying to send some proper internet to myself (outside the city).
    It would involve getting in a UPC connection and putting up a dish outside.
    I've been looking for some time at ways to do it but I'm stuck for a house or premesis to put the equipment in the city and I'm wondering if anybody could help me out with somewhere to put it or if anyone has any other ideas? Especially anyone around Gracedieu or Carrickpherish.

Thanks in advance.
    What's in it for the person who can help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Perhaps you should tell the forum where this desirable location should have line of sight to - i.e. where you live as presumably you want to install a wireless link which will require LOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

jo06555 wrote: »
    What's in it for the person who can help
    Free internet perhaps? ;)
    If there is LOS to around Tory Hill (north) it should work, so Carrickpherish or Gracedieu should work best since they are highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

I'm confused by this post :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I can't help but let the thread title remind me of Pat Mustard from Father Ted.

"He wants to know if he can put his gigantic tool in my box"

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

What exactly are you proposing to do? rent a house in Waterford just to relay broadband? get a friend/relative/roman/countryman to lend you their wall and get UPC piped into their house to allow you to relay it to the countryside?

Can you elaborate on what you are technically trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

If I get free internet out of it then you can hook it upto my place no bothers. What speed you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Also will you post your plans for equipment this is very interesting.

Advertisement