Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build no signal to monitor

Options
  • 12-05-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭

Got a weird one here. Got a new build yesterday and put it all together fine, however I get no signal to the monitor, did the usual stuff like check the ram and such but found that when i take out the gfx card it works fine and was able to install windows and everything. The card works fine since I was using it an hour beforehand in my old pc.
    I get no beeps from the montherboard at all.

Parts are 2500k cpu, P8Z68-V lx Morherboard and a radeon 5850 gpu
    Psu is a 650w corsair that powered my previous build fine.

I will try a new card in the motherboard to see if I get a signal but does this not point to a busted motherboard or pci slot, tried both pci slots and still same problem.
    Sorry if this is messy to read, typing it on phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

No signal to the monitor with my older graphics card either.
    How could a graphics card stop a signal to the monitor? the dvi cable is connected to my motherboard.
    All software is updated and computer is running very well without a graphics card installed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the cable needs to be plugged into the card, not the board.

Tried that but that won't be the issue. Last build I had a duel monitor setup with 1 dvi in the motherboard and the orther in the graphics card.

It works now after windows installed 77 updates so don't know which one, very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

KilOit wrote: »
    It works now after windows installed 77 updates so don't know which one, very odd

Im Guessing it was a driver :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement