Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I instigate a Credit Card Chargeback?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered a part from a dealership, and they got in a LHD part as opposed to a RHD part, they're claiming as I ordered it that the mistake is mine and refusing to refund. Can I initiate a chargeback in this instance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your query. You can write into us to request a chargeback and that department will investigate it for you.

In order to dispute the transaction you would first have return the part to the dealership and get some proof that the item has been returned. You would then have to supply us with a cover letter explaining the situation along with the original receipt/invoice showing the part you ordered. We would also need an expert opinion stating that the part that was supplied is not the one you ordered. A letter from a qualified mechanic on headed paper would be acceptable.

If the receipt or invoice doesn't specify whether it's for a LHD or RHD, or if you did order the wrong part, we can still look into it for you. Just send in the documentation that you have along with the cover letter.

The written request and supporting documentation should be sent to: Customer Service Operations, Chargebacks Unit, 2nd Floor Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

If you have any further questions just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Thanks Pat, I'm qualified myself, so I could provide my own supporting evidence. Also, my credit card is due to expire this month and I haven't received a replacement yet, is there some sort of delay in getting them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Owen,

The expert opinion that is needed would have to come from a third party. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to supply one for your own disputed transaction.

Replacement cards are issued automatically, usually, around the middle of the month. So you may still receive your replacement. You can ring Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 and they can check on it for you.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement