Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I bought a brick? DLINK DGL-4500 PLS HELP

• 12-05-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

OK so after years of using standard ISP supplied modems I finally got fed up of internet drop outs and lack of features on them so I went on Ebay after doing some research and bought myself one of these Dlink modems thinking all my problems would be solved, Obviously I didnt do enough research as it appears,.. I'm not fully sure yet that this modem cant be used in Europe?
    I'm with Vodafone and have inputted my settings correctly but there is no option to input VPI/VCI settings, from reading a few forums it has them automatically installed but I dont know what they are and I cant find a way to configure them,
    I rang Vodafone customer care this morning they said they didnt support Dlink but said that if I have all the other settings in correctly then all thats left is these VPI/VCI settings, does anyone have one of these routers?? could you please explain to me where I can find these settings????
    I downloaded the latest firmware a few mins ago so I'm going to update it now and see if that works, thanks in advance!!

Comments

Advertisement