Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted, easy to operate phone to take appointments

Options
  • 12-05-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

The old Nokia clamshell memory is full.

Its a Vodaphone pay as you go job today but that isn't a prerequisite for the replacement. We are not wedded to the clamshell form factor.

A replaceable long living battery is essential. I think that lets out most smart phones. So would the price. We don't really care about cameras, radios, GPS, bluetooth and all that. A car kit would be a big step in the wrong direction for this user.

The appointment calendar is on the phone and has to be easy to use while a conversation is in progress.

We have a need to do group texts as well.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

Nokia E6 seems like it would suit perfectly, great battery, and has excellent calendar features. A bit pricey however, at €370, but I'm guessing this is for a business user.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

The nice man at the o2 shop said a Nokia Lumia 710 would be a good choice.

The E6 does seem to a better fit. Removeable battery, twice the talk time of the lumia et al. The blurb on the Nokia site does go on about the phone's PIM system a bit. But maybe this just due to a lack of other features.

The trouble is we can't seem to find an operator who will do a deal with the Nokia E6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I'd get the 710. It also has a removable battery and a bigger screen so you'll see more appointments. All appointments can also be synchronized to the cloud and viewed on a separate computer. Make an edit on one and it will show up on the other.

Very easy to work with and to add in new appointments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

I had exactly the same requirement for my mother recently, had a budget of €100.

We looked at the:

Nokia 201 - €69

Nokia 300 - €99

Nokia 302 - €99

Ended up going with the Nokia 300, given its size and simple interface, combined with the touch screen and 'normal keys' it made it very easy to use during calls to check the calendar. I set up the shortcuts on the front screen for the most used menus.

The battery life has been really very good, I set it to GSM only mode and its really lasted well.

I picked up a car charger with an extra battery and leather case on ebay for €15 delivered.

Good luck with your search

Advertisement