Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did you wait between pregnancies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Maybe she has a good sleeper? :D There are some couples who just fly through the early days. Look at those women who have 15 kids :D

and I hope they do too but the point needs to be made that some newborns need more care and attention than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bubski

there will be 20 months between mine

how will you feel when your 9 months pregnant and your one year old wants to be picked up, or if its teething, your up all night and then to look after a new born as well

OK so your first born may be a doddle right now but that does not mean your 2nd will be the same

Expect a hard few years...... it will get easier though when they are older.

I love the time i had with son on his own, cant imagine having to look after a baby when he was so small, at the moment i worry he wont get enough attention when new baby comes.

Why dont you borrow someone who has a 1 yr old for the day & look after the two at the same time, it would give you a feel of what having 2 kids would be like.

Anyway I believe you should give your body at least a year to recover after birth, i take it you had a good labour? no stitches???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I did find that when I was pregnant with my daughter 5.5 months after having my son that I was nervous of lifting him as much as I would have liked as he was so wriggly - I fett that having that distance apart was right for me as I had problems concieving but it could have been easier. Having said that they are like Irish Twins already and are great pals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

So broody sometimes already and she only 14 weeks! Gonna wait til Christmas at least tho before trying again - mostly money wise we can't afford more maternity leave at the mo!!also my baby is fab but sometimes very hard work so want to have more of a handle on her first!! I also have said I'm not pitting my body thru another pregnancy until im my ideal weight - have 10lbs to go - and want my tummy muscles back after section!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gap of 14 months and then a gap of 20 months. I had three under 3! Hectic, but I love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement