Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can't get cellular data to work on my iPad

• 12-05-2012 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

I have an iPad 3 and I can't get the 3G to work on it. I put in the micro sim but it says no service no matter what I do.
    Could anyone help me out?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is the sim activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

1ZRed wrote: »
    I have an iPad 3 and I can't get the 3G to work on it. I put in the micro sim but it says no service no matter what I do.
    Could anyone help me out?:)

What network is the sim from?

If you purchased a micro sim, you will need to activate a broadband pass. Either 1 day, 1 week or 30 day depending on the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

guil wrote: »
    Is the sim activated

I have no idea. All that was in it was the sim and vague set up guide. For support all it offered was the apple iPad support manual online which didn't give much help either.
    Could I use my iPhone's micro sim in it to see if it works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

buzz wrote: »
    What network is the sim from?

If you purchased a micro sim, you will need to activate a broadband pass. Either 1 day, 1 week or 30 day depending on the network.

It's a Vodafone sim. It was a present so I don't know how it was set up. As far as I know, it was bought from the Irish apple site if that helps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ring vodafone to check if the sim is active. I don't think it's an issue with a broadband pass because your getting no signal at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As the other posters have advised firstly make sure you have credit! Then you may need to put in the APN settings for Vodafone.

Check under Settings/Mobile Data.

http://www.vodafone.ie/helpsupport/phones/interactive/?wm=man:4209,page:ins,ins:887046

Advertisement