Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog grazes like a cow...

• 12-05-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I mean, I know all dogs eat grass when they're not feeling up to scratch, but mine eats it like there's no tomorrow! She will find a big clump of wet grass and just dive in. She eats her own food grand and doesnt seem to be sick after her grassy treat, which I thought was the whole point of dogs eating grass (to make them sick). Any thoughts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

She's not a husky by any chance? :D Mine eat grass all the time, I let the grass grow long in our exercise field and they absolutely love it, they go around picking what bits they will eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

My dog does this (6 year old pug/beagle mix).Your right though its only wet grass.You dont have a cat also do you.my dog only picked up the habit after the it began to live with a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarah_mol

No, she's not a husky....and no cat either. But glad she's not the only dog that enjoys to munch on the green stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Funnily enough I was going to post about this myself, my two are mad for it especially the older one, in fact the younger one didn't eat grass when we first got her but she seems to have picked it up from the older lad.

I also heard it means there's rain coming when they eat grass, but since we're in Ireland that's a fairly safe bet most of the time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'm convinced I have a herd of cows instead of a pack of dogs :)

Its one of the reasons I add blended veggies to their raw food, I figure they're telling me something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Ha ha my dog eats grass too! :) He's hilarious, he will eat grass all day it's the funniest thing to watch! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One of mine loves grass, especially when it's wet. I've been told it's because she likes the taste, rather than any illness though; she certainly loves other veggies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

mine eat so much grass I was contemplating returning them to their breeders as I was convinced there must be a mix of sheep in them :p

Advertisement