Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Xbox to get?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

My 360 red ringed today, been acting up an awful lot recently so it was inevitable. Have had it for over 4 years at least, possibly 5 so it's had a decent run. Since I've a lot of Xbox games built up over the years, I'd rather stick with the Xbox!

Any cheapish alternatives I could get? I'd want a decent model, but preferably under €200, but I could go up. There's already a Kinect in the house, so I've no need for one of them!

What'd be the thoughts on this?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9271665/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Whatever you do, don't get the 4GB model. Get the 250GB one if you can find it for under the 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Ya, the 250GB is the best option. The amazon one would be the cheapest alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As all others have said go with the 250 GB model , you say you have had the old one 4 or 5 years so in that time I'd say you have had amassed some dlc, arcade games etc? even if not and even though the slim is like a butterfly vs the old ones 747 noise levels , its better to install games to keep wear and tear down, boost load times and keep noise levels down. even if that is all you do with a 250 gb slim money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Isotonik

Yup as everyone else has said the 250GB slim is the way to go. It's been out for around two years now so even a decent second hand one would be an attractive bet.

I think one of the main strengths they have over the older models is better cooling. Just make sure they get plenty of room as they can run quite hot after an hour or two.

Here's a decent enough offer on 2nd hand 250GB slims from gamestop at the moment. Only €160.

Advertisement