Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to buy stamps on campus?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere you can buy stamps on campus?Also any post box on campus?

:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

there is a post box but no where to buy stamps. you have to get stamps in a post office or from a post office machine. you can buy stamps in the post office in the spar beside la cucina. the post box for future reference is on the path from the courtyard to the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

cambridge wrote: »
    there is a post box but no where to buy stamps. you have to get stamps in a post office or from a post office machine. you can buy stamps in the post office in the spar beside la cucina. the post box for future reference is on the path from the courtyard to the library.

I've heard it's also possible to get stamps in the post room in the main building (just inside the door of the tower across from the SU).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 panserbjorne

augusta24 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can buy stamps on campus?Also any post box on campus?

:)

You can buy them in the Student Union for definite, and possibly in the bookstore (envelopes there). The postbox is between the stables and the library. It's a green old style postbox on the right (if you are going from stables to library).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Adam_M

You can buy them in the Student Union for definite, and possibly in the bookstore (envelopes there). The postbox is between the stables and the library. It's a green old style postbox on the right (if you are going from stables to library).

Not anymore. An Post have stopped them from selling. O'Mahonys don't sell them either.
    OhMSGlive wrote: »
    I've heard it's also possible to get stamps in the post room in the main building (just inside the door of the tower across from the SU).

You can. Well I did earlier in the week but that may have been because I was posting something out for the Rugby Club. They just took 55c and put it threw their machine and posted it for me.

Adam_M wrote: »
    You can. Well I did earlier in the week but that may have been because I was posting something out for the Rugby Club. They just took 55c and put it threw their machine and posted it for me.

Do you know if this is an official service or are they doing you a favour ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

It was written on the sign outside the SU that this could be done, so I imagine it's an official service.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Adam_M

I would say it's an official service. They didn't initially ask who I was sending it for, I just asked them could they stamp it for me and they said they could then we got chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Staff in the SU have been trying to get to the bottom of why An Post aren't selling through us any more, but it's something to do with being able to take packages as well, which we don't have the space for.

The queues at Castletroy Post Office are ridiculous too, but the post room in the main building A block in the stairwell between the Quad and the back of the Student Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

ninty9er wrote: »
    Staff in the SU have been trying to get to the bottom of why An Post aren't selling through us any more, but it's something to do with being able to take packages as well, which we don't have the space for.

The queues at Castletroy Post Office are ridiculous too, but the post room in the main building A block in the stairwell between the Quad and the back of the Student Centre

In fairness I doubt there would be even one or two packages a week. Can't see too much of a problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

They are stopping shops selling them too! Heard it ages ago on the radio, one shop tried really hard to continue but he didn't get anywhere! Don't remember the reason but it wasn't anything to do with packages AFAIK

• Advertisement

I think the people in the SU should be made aware that they can direct students to the mail room to get their post franked instead of referring them to the castletroy post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueFlowers

I think the people in the SU should be made aware that they can direct students to the mail room to get their post franked instead of referring them to the castletroy post office.

For the first few weeks there was no alternative other than recommending people to go the post office in Castletroy, now that an agreement has been reached with the Post Room in the main building - the SU staff are directing students there, as mentioned already there are also notes advising people that they can do so in addition to the staff telling them.

For the first few weeks there was no alternative other than recommending people to go the post office in Castletroy, now that an agreement has been reached with the Post Room in the main building - the SU staff are directing students there, as mentioned already there are also notes advising people that they can do so in addition to the staff telling them.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

The PO in moving from Spar down to the Castletroy Shopping Ctr near Superquinn in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

hi was in superquinn today and noticed the po is where the meteor shop used to be. sign on it saying it's opening this tue

Advertisement