If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Amp & Speakers for use with turntable

Options
  • 12-05-2012 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,

Im looking to buy an amp and bookshelf speakers for use both with a turntable (Technics SL-1200) and a laptop - its just for general listening. My budget is around €500.

What would you recommend?

cheers
    Kevin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kevhoran wrote: »
    Hi there,

Im looking to buy an amp and bookshelf speakers for use both with a turntable (Technics SL-1200) and a laptop - its just for general listening. My budget is around €500.

What would you recommend?

cheers
    Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Nice turntable. :)

For a great amp check out the Denon PMA710. We're offering this lovely piece of kit for just £179.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/denon/pma710/deno-pma710-blk

For a nice set of bookshelf speakers check out the Monitor Audio BX1s. Great sounding set of speakers, got everything a good speaker should. Come in different finishes too:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bx1/moni-audio-bx1-blk

Here's a link to more info and also a list of finishes:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bx1/#/specification

I can offer both of the above delivered for just £372.89 / €478.06. Bit of change left there for any speaker cable or interconnects you may need. :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kevhoran

Cheers Chris - woefully underused turntable, which I look forward to correcting - whats the best way to take you up on that - call the shop?

Cheers Chris - woefully underused turntable, which I look forward to correcting - whats the best way to take you up on that - call the shop?

Hi again,

You'll love it! I need one in my life. New house soon so hopefully more space for gear.

You can call us on 0044 333 900 0071 or if you'd like to PM me with a number I can call you?

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kevhoran

Thanks Chris - I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Thanks Chris - I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

No problem at all. :)

We're here 1pm - 5pm.

I'm not here myself but anyone here in the shop can sort this for you.

Have a nice evening. :)

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.