Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Debit Card visa/mastercard

Options
  • 12-05-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    I spent here 3 months and tryed to set all my documents , like PPS number and statemant and more. Now i got PPSN , BOI bank card , and statement adress.

I wanna get Visa card or Mastercard for better online functions , like sending money worldwide from debit card to debit card. I have to send money worldwide to another persons and buy online all the time. Everytime i did it in swedbank.lv , its Latvian banking where i can make visa debit card with all online extras.

Now i have to move here (to ireland) and i have to make Visa card here.
    I have no job here. Im not working , im making money by selling and buying things , investments and more. I cant provide any dokuments that im working.

Is that possible to make Debit Card (Visa or Master) in ireland without dokuments that im legaly working here? And if yes , Which bank is most common and best for internet/online banking ?

I Have Ulster bank and Bank of Ireland at place where i live - Baltinglass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ulster bank issue Visa debit cards on their current accounts.

BOI are in the process of issuing customers with Visa debit cards but who know when people will get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Ulster Bank and Permanent TSB offer Visa Debit already.

Bank of Ireland is in the process of rolling it out instead of Laser Card.
    AIB is also rolling it out, but is a few months behind Bank of Ireland.

Laser Card is due to be phased out entirely fairly soon, once the major banks all drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daskesh

Thanks a million guys!
    Will check that out next week.
    Well yeah i tryed to get laser card but there still need official job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

daskesh wrote: »
    Thanks a million guys!
    Will check that out next week.
    Well yeah i tryed to get laser card but there still need official job.

Bank of Ireland have always been weird about debit cards.

Other banks almost always give you a debit card with your current account.

If you're having trouble with Bank of Ireland, try Permanent TSB or AIB.

I don't think you can even operate an AIB Current Account without a debit card! They don't issue non-debit ATM cards anymore.

Advertisement