Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E3 Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think the UFC deal was the only new franchise to EA

Yeah its too late this gen to launch a new ip, surely this time next year we won't be hearing too much about the 360 or PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I foresee EA having an absolutely massive roster for the UFC game.Hopefully they'll include retiree's and legends aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DumbDumbs wrote: »
    I know we are only two conferences in ...

But nothing new has been announced. I miss the days of e3 when a new title would just come out of no-where.

Everything gets revealed 1-2 weeks before e3 now.

Yeah, even Sonys 2 new IP exclusives have been announced.

No sleeper hit this year from the looks of it. Unless something good is hidden behind closed doors on the show floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

-Ade- wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought. Would love if they went back to the Underground series.

Nah, always preferred Burnout to NFS. Probably won't buy it since it looks far too similar, but always nice to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not happy with EA buying UFC, Their MMA game wasn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

ShaneU wrote: »

It was better than UFC 3.Well the physics were at least.The engine of the UFC game was old and clunky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

EA's one was far superior to the UFC one,I think thats the general concensus anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well I hated it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fingers crossed for more on Beyond Good and Evil 2 from Ubisoft!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well I hated it

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Sooo, ehhh, it's started? Anywhere to get a good summary of what went on today?

danthefan wrote: »
    Sooo, ehhh, it's started? Anywhere to get a good summary of what went on today?

http://e3.gamespot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Isn't that on the next gen now so I wouldn't expect to see it this year but I hope it'll turn up next year.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Isn't that on the next gen now so I wouldn't expect to see it this year but I hope it'll turn up next year.

Yeah, they said it was for next gen. They may show something though.

GTR63 wrote: »

Damnit, I'd forgotten about that. >_<
    Maybe just a teaser for it. Or maybe it'll be shown for Wii U as the other consoles aren't ready for reveals yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

waiting on the ubisoft conference to start at the moment. theatre is filling up. have a prime seat in the vip section because im great

stage looks incredibly trony

i believe you'll be getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Helix wrote: »
    waiting on the ubisoft conference to start at the moment. theatre is filling up. have a prime seat in the vip section because im great

stage looks incredibly trony

This your first one today? Any games sampled that you can mention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Damnit, I'd forgotten about that. >_<
    Maybe just a teaser for it. Or maybe it'll be shown for Wii U as the other consoles aren't ready for reveals yet.

Maybe we might get a surprise ps4 announcement. Would be so awesome if they did that after Microsoft's fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

All i have to say about the MS conference

ibnk8He7VXVJmk.gif

This your first one today? Any games sampled that you can mention?

yeah, i didnt get into LA until around 11am. so by the time i got my stuff to the hotel, went through emails and was good to go i had missed microsoft and EA. have ubi and playstation this afternoon, then an early one tonight coz nintendo registration starts at SEVEN FIFTEEN IN THE MORNING :(

havent had any game time at all yet. will keep you all in the loop as i go though

crazy green lazers just went mental "scanning" the crowd. looked cool

titan18 wrote: »
    Maybe we might get a surprise ps4 announcement. Would be so awesome if they did that after Microsoft's fail

Doubt it unless they do like Nintendo did last year, where they show something this year and more next year. Wouldn't be surprised if they do something to try to ensure Nintendo don't get too much attention this year.

titan18 wrote: »

not gonna happen

expect lots and lots of cloud related stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been out all day and just catching up on the news so far. I have to say I am a little underwhelmed.

I will certainly buy the new Gears of War game and the new Need For Speed game. I really liked Hot Pursuit from Criterion so hopefully this will be as good or better.

Nothing else I've seen so far has me excited. I'm not a Halo fan so the trailer didn't do much for me. Also the whole Xbox SmartGlass isn't that interesting so far. Talking about how you can continue to watch a film on your Xbox after watching on a tablet isn't that groundbreaking really.

Hopefully the other conferences will have some good stuff.

I'd say the only way we'd get a PS4 announcement is if MS announced their next console. So as long as MS feel they don;t need to, even with their pretty weak show, then Sony won't feel the need to with a larger number of exclusives expected

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 DumbDumbs

hey helix, how come you are at e3? :)

Are you a reporter or something?

/ jealous :pac:

jesus i shouldve thought this out a bit better. ive got an ipad, a camera and a dictaphone all up and running here. surely i couldve done everything on the ipad instead... why the hell didnt i give her a full charge before i left

DumbDumbs wrote: »
    hey helix, how come you are at e3? :)

Are you a reporter or something?

/ jealous :pac:

EIC of the biggest gaming publication in canada :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jesus i shouldve thought this out a bit better. ive got an ipad, a camera and a dictaphone all up and running here. surely i couldve done everything on the ipad instead... why the hell didnt i give her a full charge before i left

Do you really wanna be that guy holding up the iPad taking pictures :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 DumbDumbs

EIC of the biggest gaming publication in canada :D

*shakes fist*

/ even more jealous :pac:

• Advertisement

Do you really wanna be that guy holding up the iPad taking pictures :pac:

oh id be in good company haha

it seems the done thing these days. ive seen guys video entire conferences on their ipads before. i might ditch the dictaphone since i can just pull everything up online after the event. it's mostly just for interviews. technically it's not even a dictaphone - it's a nokia n95 :P

green lazer scanner's doing its thing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Only game i cared for so far are tomb raider and epic mickey 2
    Tomb raider kinda annoyed me the direction they went but i hope thats just the combat and hope there be platforming and puzzles or i be seriously pissed

oh id be in good company haha

it seems the done thing these days. ive seen guys video entire conferences on their ipads before. i might ditch the dictaphone since i can just pull everything up online after the event. it's mostly just for interviews. technically it's not even a dictaphone - it's a nokia n95 :P

Was about to ask, did it have those wee tapes and all. Very old school. It's actually a TalkBoy. :P

It seems EA weren;t showing and Wii U covers in their trailers, so if Ubisoft are the same then it's probably due to NDAs even though we know Assassin's Creed 3 is due on the Wii U.

Isn't there a Nintendo/Ubi closed door conference after Ninty's tomorrow?

Only game i cared for so far are tomb raider and epic mickey 2
    Tomb raider kinda annoyed me the direction they went but i hope thats just the combat and hope there be platforming and puzzles or i be seriously pissed

im confident TR is gonna be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hoping for big things from the Vita but aside from that don't think there'll be anything to get excited about. We're in dire need of a new generation of consoles now and fourth and fifth games in tired series can't mask that.

Was about to ask, did it have those wee tapes and all. Very old school. It's actually a TalkBoy. :P

It seems EA weren;t showing and Wii U covers in their trailers, so if Ubisoft are the same then it's probably due to NDAs even though we know Assassin's Creed 3 is due on the Wii U.

Isn't there a Nintendo/Ubi closed door conference after Ninty's tomorrow?

nintendo have a metric ton of different conferences going on in the next 3 days. main one is tomorrow morning, then theres a dedicated hands on for both wii u and 3ds titles, then there's a couple of side conferences going on with third party guys. i have a feeling tomorrow will be a real make or break for nintendo

Hoping for big things from the Vita but aside from that don't think there'll be anything to get excited about. We're in dire need of a new generation of consoles now and fourth and fifth games in tired series can't mask that.

itll be no different with the next generation. the public are to blame for not supporting original titles with their cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Forget about it and focus on the most important question this year at E3

Will there be a New retro Boulder Dash game in the next year??????????????

about to start so im off to twitter/facebook. takes too long to post here

anyone interested can follow @clickmagazine for my miserable attempts at being witty and informative at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So...Ubisoft....ugh. Recent E3 conferences have made me very wary. But they do have Splinter Cell (already shown at the MS conf), Assassins Creed 3 (probably at the Sony one like recent E3's) and possibly Rayman Legacy.

I'll be watching it anyway, staying up for the Sony one so may as well. Will probably have Community on in the background though.

Gonna watch the Ubi one and then off to bed, so by body is Reggie ready for work followed by Nintendo's conference tomorrow!

Hoping for a new Prince of Persia.

Oh ffs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bad start.....

Oh for **** sake....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Another dancing game zzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EA get Usher, Ubi get Flo Rida.