Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well 3 for 3 that MS's conference sucked. You know you're not doing well when South Park is the highlight of the damn show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Halo, Splinter Cell and South Park are the only games that interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

South Park and Tomb Raider is all im interested in there and neither are out till next year :(

on disc and pre order dlc are such scams
    Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wish Eamonn Dunphy was on the Gametrailers panel now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Unimpressive once again, can't see anything decent from MS anytime soon until they release new hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tomb Raider looks quite great and so did Splinter Cell, but that was the worst MS Conference I've seen.

You obviously missed last year, no kids on stage this time.

But wasnt the worst, had some good games, some new footage of games weve not seen much of before. Sure it has the sports and dancing games but didnt dominate it, plus they represent a good portion of MS's playerbase too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

South Park, Tomb Raider, Halo and COD were the the only things that interested me.

I think we just have to accept that E3 is as much about the other entertainment features as it is about games. It'll probably stay that way until the next gen. Kinect is a total waste of time imo.

im watching now what to be excited about all shooters

tho south park and TOMB RAIDER looks great

roll on 2am for sony

mircofsoft you ****ing suck glad i never bought you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

As long as Sony and Nintendo don't accidentally set their respective stages on fire, they should handily beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Microsoft E3 actually made me fall asleep , my god what a boring snore fest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'm in the deep end here. Where can I go to get some news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Last of Us and Beyond will more than make up for the Vita and Move shiite

Beyond is already hampered now that we know its written by David Cage with the aid of crayola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'd give that a Uwe Boll / 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

all shooters i agree i do not own one either

japanese are right not to buy this crap

You do realise the 360 and PS3 cross share 90% of all games. There is only a few exclusives for each. The PS3 is starting to get more that used to 360 exclusives ala Mass Effect and better art house stuff.

Xbox: Halo, Gears, Forza, Dead Rising, Fez.

PS3: Uncharted, GT5, Metal Gear, Killzone, LBP, Heavy Rain, Journey.

Everything else is cross platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    You obviously missed last year, no kids on stage this time.

But wasnt the worst, had some good games, some new footage of games weve not seen much of before. Sure it has the sports and dancing games but didnt dominate it, plus they represent a good portion of MS's playerbase too.

No, I've seen all that were possible to see. I suppose they are just squeezing all they can out of the 360 since they didn't mention new hardware. Next year will be another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Vita to be the king of E3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

That was incredibly ****.
    It's literally the same conference they've had for the past 3 years, but worse.

Nothing in it did anything for me and those that came close were not 360 exclusive.

Are MS moving away from offering hardcore games and more towards all round entertainment?

I hope Sony don't spend most of their time on Vita. One good thing about Sony though is that they don't force Move on the masses like MS do with Kinect.

I think Sony has one of two sleeper hits to show. I want to see more of Dishonoured, wonder will Sony have it in their show seeing as MS chose to to feature it.

The cloud gaming and Vita do look like the big things though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can someone give me a link to E3 please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

useless again, when most of a "gaming" conference is fitness/kinect/usher you know somethings gone wrong somewhere, also where the hell is the nextbox FFS? didnt the 360 release in 2005? thats nearly a 8 year old gen :(

Headshot wrote: »

Use google. There is loads of sites hosting stuff. It's faster than asking for stuff here.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Headshot wrote: »

you dont want to watch the MS conference trust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Are you genuinely Tipsy Mr. McSagger. It'll get a load of lazy ports or b-teams making games for established franchises. It needs a game made by a-teams that are unique to its console and I don't see it happening i'm afraid, hope i'm wrong. A pricecut or bundled in 16GB memory card would help too.

Liamario wrote: »
    Are MS moving away from offering hardcore games and more towards all round entertainment?
    Well, it is late into the generation, in which they're going for the casual market this time around (seeing that the hardcore have already bought the games), but I wouldn't be surprised that MS went after the Apple market, next gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I hope Sony don't spend most of their time on Vita. One good thing about Sony though is that they don't force Move on the masses like MS do with Kinect.

I think Sony has one of two sleeper hits to show. I want to see more of Dishonoured, wonder will Sony have it in their show seeing as MS chose to to feature it.

The cloud gaming and Vita do look like the big things though.

All Sony need to do is announce a Monster Hunter, PS1 support, Resi and show footage from COD, Assassins Creed and Killzone and us Vita owners will be happy.

Edit - a price cut would be great too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you dont want to watch the MS conference trust me

I just wanted to see the Black ops 2 stuff to see how bad its going to be this time

GTR63 wrote: »
    Are you genuinely Tipsy Mr. McSagger. It'll get a load of lazy ports or b-teams making games for established franchises. It needs a game made by a-teams that are unique to its console and I don't see it happening i'm afraid, hope i'm wrong. A pricecut or bundled in 16GB memory card would help too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement