Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E3 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its offical the internet gone ****ing crazy for watch dogs

how did they keep it secret

That looks unreal tbh

Have they said what platform it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Headshot wrote: »
    That looks unreal tbh

Have they said what platform it is?

Id say PS3, 360 & WiiU

Id say PS3, 360 & WiiU

Reckon most importantly the PC will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Watch_dogs for those who missed it (myself included).

Looks interesting. Hope you don't have to shoot everyone, although I'm thinking that may be wishful thinking.

Reminds me a bit of the recent version of Syndicate in how you can hack on the fly. Hoping what you can do is a lot more deeper than what was shown as there was hints of being able to control the likes of railway systems and shutting down power throughout the city. Since we are all wishfully thinking I would love if that multiplayer teased had multiple people being allowed to freely cause havoc throughout the city in true sandbox form.

On another note, this being my first E3 I got to watch I am fairly disappointed with the lack of surprises. Other than watchdogs it seems most games had either leaked or were announced months before. Would I be safe to assume this is a fairly boring E3 ( or else ill just smack a big 'entitled crybaby' sticker on my forehead;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Note: With only 50 minutes to go to Phonys E3 Holy Show.Can we Kindly ask all Sony Fanboys to piss of back to their designated Forum.

We all remember how long it took to clean up the pools of urine after you wet yourselves over Little Big Planet 2 last E3

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Rising more than a new MGS. MGS4 was a trainwreck of a game and Rising is being developed by Platinum who have done Bayonetta which so happened to be the best beat'em up ever.

If Sony start going on about cloud gaming I'll fall asleep and be deeply disillusioned by it. Do not want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

its offical the internet gone ****ing crazy for watch dogs

how did they keep it secret

I've 2 theories:
    1. When people got close to finding out, they "leaked" photos of beyond good and Evil 2 and Assassin's creed 3 to distract them

2. They learned ninja skills from their good friends at Nintendo. :)

What surprised me is that usually when announcing a brand new game, let alone a new IP it's usually just a short trailer which gives no idea of gameplay. So the fact they were far enough on to have what they ahd is really cool

From http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-ubisoft-reveals-ctos
    Ubisoft's official Watch Dogs press announcement does not list a release date, or planned platforms

Read a few opinions that watch dogs could be a next gen game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Watch Dogs was running on a PC with the guy using a 360 controller. Its on PS3 and Xbox aswell so not next-gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Reminds me a bit of the recent version of Syndicate in how you can hack on the fly. Hoping what you can do is a lot more deeper than what was shown as there was hints of being able to control the likes of railway systems and shutting down power throughout the city. Since we are all wishfully thinking I would love if that multiplayer teased had multiple people being allowed to freely cause havoc throughout the city in true sandbox form.

On another note, this being my first E3 I got to watch I am fairly disappointed with the lack of surprises. Other than watchdogs it seems most games had either leaked or were announced months before. Would I be safe to assume this is a fairly boring E3 ( or else ill just smack a big 'entitled crybaby' sticker on my forehead;)).

This game has stolen the show for me, looks brilliant. Very much like person of interest meets eagle eye. Coming from Ubisoft it'll have the same solid cover / shooting mechanics as splinter cell , ghost recon and hitman but I hope they focus more on the more dynamic elements like the infrastructure hacking and punctuate that with SOME more traditional action moments. Story will be key here though, it's all good to look like a badass but you need to feel like one and story will do that. Way to go Ubisoft. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Rising more than a new MGS. MGS4 was a trainwreck of a game and Rising is being developed by Platinum who have done Bayonetta which so happened to be the best beat'em up ever.

If Sony start going on about cloud gaming I'll fall asleep and be deeply disillusioned by it. Do not want!

Some of us see the fact they did Bayonetta as a negative :D

Hated it with a passion ...... I know it's "cult" etc but as a game it really ground my gears

Edit: Isn't metal gear being called revengence now or something else not in the dictionary ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so Watch Dogs, new ip that comes along and basically steals everyones thunder on day one, looks fantastic. hope the Sony show is good, some Last Of Us footage and a release date for The Last Guardian please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Hated it with a passion ...... I know it's "cult" etc but as a game it really ground my gears

As long as you accept that you are factually wrong (nothing subjective about Bayonetta's greatness) we'll leave it at that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Platinum also did Vanquish, which is one of the best action games of the current gen and hardly anyone bought it, its better than Gears, yeah I went there :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Edit: Isn't metal gear being called revengence now or something else not in the dictionary ?

Revengeneance is actually a real word meaning both your statements are 100% full of wrong that even Kevin Spacey can't describe it adequately :P

• Advertisement

As long as you accept that you are factually wrong (nothing subjective about Bayonetta's greatness) we'll leave it at that :P

Loved the character!!!!!!!! Hated the game :(
    krudler wrote: »
    Platinum also did Vanquish, which is one of the best action games of the current gen and hardly anyone bought it, its better than Gears, yeah I went there :cool:

Vanquish is on my to do list so I'll not write them off just yet :p

Just also had to say I like Aisha Tyler as the host of Ubisoft's conference.

Can we expect Kevin Butler at Sony's? He took a break last year probably due to Sony having to be all serious with the hacking thing and all

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Revengeneance is actually a real word meaning both your statements are 100% full of wrong that even Kevin Spacey can't describe it adequately :P

Might be a real word if either of us spelt it properly :p

Turns out it is a real word when spelt correctly - Revengeance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I'm going to bed now, as much as I'd like to watch the rest LC starts tomorrow:(

Watch Dogs, AC3, Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell look like some of the best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Looking at the watch dog footage and would be very surprised if that was not a next gen game. The amount of detail in the graphics were brilliant.

• Advertisement

Breaking News. Sony's big reveal will be Legend of Dragoon 2 :P

Ubisoft has since amended its official materials, confirming the game for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

why no wii u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Looking at the watch dog footage and would be very surprised if that was not a next gen game. The amount of detail in the graphics were brilliant.

The rain and particle effects were top notch. But it has been said it was running on a PC with a 360 pad and top end PC graphics are way,way beyond what a 7 year old console can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Anyone know any mobile streams for the conferences? I want to watch the sony one but I want to go to bed too.

megaten wrote: »
    Anyone know any mobile streams for the conferences? I want to watch the sony one but I want to go to bed too.

If you have the IGN app they can be watched from that.

Ubisoft has since amended its official materials, confirming the game for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

why no wii u

Probably because the have not had dev kits of the Wii U as long as they would have needed to, nothing stopping aport at a later date. Or else it's because its a very adult game for the Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Probably because the have not had dev kits of the Wii U as long as they would have needed to, nothing stopping aport at a later date. Or else it's because its a very adult game for the Wii U.

they've already announced to 18 games for the system so I doubt it's that.

If you have the IGN app they can be watched from that.
    Crashes on my phone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 DumbDumbs

Some Ubisoft Conference trailers if anyone missed them / wanna take another look:

Splinter Cell Blacklist:

Assassains Creed 3:

Far Cry 3:

Should we create a video thread for people to easily watch tomorrow? :confused:

they've already announced to 18 games for the system so I doubt it's that.

Crashes on my phone

Maybe Twitch T.v. could have it other than that I'm out of ideas.

• Advertisement

Crashes on my phone

Yeah, the IGN Android app has been acting up the past few days. It won't open at all for me and just crashes with error reports.

Welcome to 2002 when Nintendo published an 18+ rated game. It will probably get announced for the WiiU if it doesn't totally flop. I'd say at the moment it's not the main platform due to the lack of deve kits as mentioned but should be converted over.

this pre show is lame some music game

Maybe Twitch T.v. could have it other than that I'm out of ideas.

Youtube app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Sony are running their pre E3 behind the scenes preview now

http://www.ustream.tv/playstation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Read on eurogamer that watch_dogs is heading to 360, PS3 and PC. That was PC footage now for sure...how many 360 discs will it be 3-4.

Sound Shapes

Oh dear god that is a piece of crap:eek:

Great, the destructiod muppets are on the pre-show.

Was watching that preshow. turned it off after a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Sound Shapes

Oh dear god that is a piece of crap:eek:

this pre show is a vita game and interview :mad:

turn off the pre show and watch gametrailers

micheal patcher was asual complaing that man never happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Damn! My net went down while they were doing all that Nike/Kinect milarky at the Xbox show, and I'm only back online now.

No sound brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

micheal patcher was asual complaing that man never happy

He's no Joe Brolly but is a massive twat I hate you pachter

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Glad to hear that Watch Dogs is current generation. I taught the graphics are great looking but not the big jump I would expect for a new generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

New Sly Cooper looks fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

wonder will they do a tiny bit on the Amazing spider-man game in this sony conference to co-inside with the fact that they own the movie

what was shown during pre show im watching gametrailers

• Advertisement
Advertisement