Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

MGS5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Will Snake die?

Nobody ever really dies in MGS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait to hear more about coh2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wonder will Bethesda fully reveal Skyrim DLC & then say it'll be availible....now. It'd be quite clever of MS cause the Stage Shows will be a bit of a drag & you want to make someone happy after watching it(no matter what xbox.com will most likely leak it all early anyway).
    Think Sony need to lean a bit more towards the Vita, I don't quite agree that people will buy the system just to play COD. Are people going to buy 2 copies of 1 game its unlikely but maybe if you could use Remote Play to propery play BLOPS2 it'd be a smart move. The Vita does need more games that focus on the hardware of that system though & not try to be a console game squeezed to a handheld.
    Wonder what the WiiU will be like? So much has been leaked or speculated about its power surely it'll have to be powerful than a PS3/360.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wonder what the WiiU will be like? So much has been leaked or speculated about its power surely it'll have to be powerful than a PS3/360.

If it's not more powerful than seven year old technology, than quite frankly they deserve what they get. I know Nintendo likes minimalism and innovation over power.....but to be on par with the 360 after all this time would be a colossal waste.

Bottom line though, its software that sells a console. Good games for the core and appealing gimmicks for the masses. Nintendo struck gold with the Wii releasing it with Wii sports and Twilight princess. If they can pull something similar with their new console, all the blue ocean buyers of the Wii will hop on board with the wii2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14171741/E3Countdown.html

If you need something to stare at for 21 days. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

GIVE US SHENMUE 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The last of us is getting a presentation on the Wednesday whoever was asking about it

I'll miss it though as it clashes with a one on one Nintendo booth tour. I love this job sometimes•

•I guarantee I won't be saying that in 3 weeks time... Expo rage ahoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

GIVE US SHENMUE 3!

Sega have had a port of Shenmue, the first game, ready to go for a year on XBLA but haven't released it. Without Yu Suzuki steering it, would it be the same? He's too wrapped up in the supplementary stuff these days, the mobile and browser games set in Shenmue's universe. One of gaming's great pities, Shenmue's abortive progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eoinos

Looking forward to Coh2 and Halo4 at E3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

unless the next generation of consoles are announced i couldnt give a flying fcuk about e3, the current consoles are just boring at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Valve have state they won't be announcing any new games at E3. So no Ep3, HL3 or L4D3.

I'm just amazed they learned how to count to three!
    *bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm just amazed they learned how to count to three!
    *bump*

Valve probably calls the conference E2

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

E2 Episode 1, or E2E1 for short.

11 Days.
    So will watch MS and maybe Ubisoft conferences. Sony is too late and then hope to get home from work in time for Nintendo's since that's the main one I want to see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ahh i remember the Battlefield 3 trailer last year, and being absolutely blown away by it. Hopefully we'll get some good announcements anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Will be watching the MS(and having some video or something on hold for when the kids and/or Kinect dancers arrive) and EA conferences, possibly Sony depending on if anything going on the next day.

But looking forward to the Nintendo conference most, I just want to see what the WiiU could be. Plus if they have a playable Zelda demo on par with the video from last year I might just cream meself.

have all my media event passes sorted now, but won't make the xbox event. flight doesnt land til 1040am, so that's that missed anyway. ill get ubisoft and playstation though, then there's a disgustingly early sign in for nintendo on the wednesday at 745am

*edit*

jesus christ it's 715am

worse again

I want to say I'm jealous but at the same time I know it's not all fun and games and you're queuing for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Can't wait too hear about some of the up-coming games
    Can't see any new hardware from any camp tbh.
    Halo 4 and CODBO2 will be all over the place, just leading to another COD vs. Halo fight.
    Hope to hear more about GTA 5

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I want to say I'm jealous but at the same time I know it's not all fun and games and you're queuing for hours.

fortunately there shouldnt be much queuing for me this year, ive got myself very organised. missing the MS event, but have after hours access to their booth, and have private nintendo and ubisoft booth visits too

anythign that's not on my list is likely the be a free for all though

its genuinely not as fun as people think though

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Hope to hear more about GTA 5

youll get a first look AND a release date (november)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Helix wrote: »

Think your a journo but is that why the likes of Bioshock and tomb raider got delayed until 2013?

Some journalists get previews at things being revealed, I believe. I remember last year they were able to talk about the Wii U almost immediately after the reveal as they'd had some hands on time the evening before.

Anything in particular you're looking forward to getting access to?

looking forward to getting my hands on a wii u, definitely. missed e3 last year so i didnt get to play with it then. there's also some pretty sweet stuff from smaller tech companies that i want to check out, like a glassless 3d projector - i cant remember what the name of the company who makes that is, but it's an interesting idea. some cool solar powered stuff too

then the games obviously. i suppose of the gaming lineup im most looking forward to ac3 really. and tomb raider if they're bothering to show it given the push back. gta v i can take or leave, but i suppose it'll be more curiousity than anything that'll get me to the rockstar booth - i dont really have any relationship with them so i won't be getting anything early there or anything like that

playstation have a few brand new things to announce, so im hoping that there's one or 2 decent titles there, but not really holding my breath for anything aside from maybe a vita ratchet & clank. i think their biggest ones this year will be all stars and lbp karting, but ive played both of them already so im not really pushed about seeing them again unless they've moved forward quite a bit in the last month or 2

personally, i see e3 as the chance to hoover up as many interviews and potential feature leads as possible. if you do it right you're good for the next 6 months - balls it up and it's a disaster though. ive managed to land on both sides of the divide before, so im hoping it'll be a good year this year

the la weather isnt too bad right now either - long range forecast is only high 20s. last time i was there it was mid 30s

GTR63 wrote: »
    Think your a journo but is that why the likes of Bioshock and tomb raider got delayed until 2013?

not sure, it's pure speculation on my behalf based on a few things here and there as opposed to being a 100% confirmation of anything, but i do think you'll be playing gta v this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

What company do ya work for helix?

And if you don't mind me asking, how do you even go about getting that kind of job?

Journo degree or was it by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Inside word has it at March 2013 at the earliest. No way for a 2012 release date on GTA V.

2 games in one year from Rock*, not going to happen. Plus Halo4, BLOPS2 and GTA V all in the same month. Marketing maddness.

What company do ya work for helix?

And if you don't mind me asking, how do you even go about getting that kind of job?

Journo degree or was it by chance?

work for click magazine. we started off in ireland, but now i look after the canadian operation. run 100,000 copies a month over here at the moment, which is pretty bloody sweet. pure chance i got into it tbh. i did want to do a journalism degree back when i was younger, but went for multimedia instead. was always strong on the old english though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

work for click magazine. we started off in ireland, but now i look after the canadian operation. run 100,000 copies a month over here at the moment, which is pretty bloody sweet. pure chance i got into it tbh. i did want to do a journalism degree back when i was younger, but went for multimedia instead. was always strong on the old english though
    Well, it's nice to know that the Irish are doing well in something.

As for E3, I can only be hopeful for more Anarchy Reigns, especially after the last trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Based on the footage they've shown and the fact they're still hiring rather aggressively, I'd be happy to wager we most definitely will not see GTA V this year.

Advertisement