Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Well it going to be late 2012 - early 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Lisa Shapely SWordplay

gizmo wrote: »
    Based on the footage they've shown and the fact they're still hiring rather aggressively, I'd be happy to wager we most definitely will not see GTA V this year.

iv herd may next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well, it's nice to know that the Irish are doing well in something.

As for E3, I can only be hopeful for more Anarchy Reigns, especially after the last trailer.

Preferably a EU/NA release date :)

EDIT: ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked MadWorld on the Wii, but the fact Anarchy Reigns is multiplayer only means I'll probably pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I liked MadWorld on the Wii, but the fact Anarchy Reigns is multiplayer only means I'll probably pass.

why exactly ?

its most likely going to be the best beat em up fighting game in the last 20 years , reminds me alot like power stone that was on the dreamcast.
    also you fight the kraken
    online only or not this is my most anticipated game this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have to say im with CastorTroy - i have very little love for online only games

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I want to see some more planetside 2, that game so far looks amazing.

why exactly ?

its most likely going to be the best beat em up fighting game in the last 20 years , reminds me alot like power stone that was on the dreamcast.
    also you fight the kraken
    online only or not this is my most anticipated game this year

I've played games like Uncharted 3 online and by the time a game gets started, I've gotten bored waiting. So there's that. Then there's having to rely on things beyond your control. So you could buy the game and a few months down the line everyone could be fed up with it and be hard to find anyone online to play against.
    Then with all the different modes, you may want to play a certain mode but unable to find any games going on for that mode.

As someone who buys games but doesn't play them as soon as I get them(usually due to seeing them on offer or getting as presents) by the time I play it, either no one else culd be playing or it could be all people who do nothing but play, kiling you almost instantly each time.

So simply put, I prefer to play at my own pace.

But as I enjoyed MadWorld it may be something I pick up at a low price. Wonder if they'll have the commentators from MadWorld. Greg Proops and the other guy were funny

Doesn't at least one of the big 3 usually reveal something and announce it as available that day or that week? Either something online or, I think, the 360 slim was released the next day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rockstar never show games at E3, they work on their own release schedule. You won't see another trailer for GTAV until about 9-6 months before release. They'll start a viral campaign then a teaser trailer close to release like they always do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Based on their record, I can see Naughty Dog owning E3 with The Last of Us. It's probably the game I'm looking forward to seeing most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

gizmo wrote: »
    Preferably a EU/NA release date :)

EDIT: ****.
    All the better reason to announce the date at E3. They should try sometime in August, just before the big guys start coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Otacon wrote: »
    Based on their record, I can see Naughty Dog owning E3 with The Last of Us. It's probably the game I'm looking forward to seeing most.

i love ND, but i can't get excited about the last of us at all. its just a big ball of meh wrapped in swanky visuals for me

i hope im wrong, and ill probably be singing its praises after a good long hands on, but for now - meh

Until I see gameplay, and know a bit more about it, I won't get too excited. Especially after the, in my opinion, overrated Uncharted 3. I liked it but wouldn't rank it above games like Arkham City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Otacon wrote: »

The idea of looking after a little girl no thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah really looking to e3 this year

Anyone know if gametrailers will be region locked for the coverage, just since they're saying they'll be the most indepth, etc.? Or where does everyone watch? I think I went to a couple sites last year due to being jumpy on the ign site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Anyone know the name of a game which was revealed last E3, it looked like a base building, nightime zombie defending cartoon styled game ?

Could have swore it was from a decent developer aswel. Can't for the life of me remember the name or find the trailer.

The game is Fortnite, developed by Epic. Assuming that's the one you're on about

Though think that was announced after E3. So may get more about it this year

• Advertisement

Anyone know if gametrailers will be region locked for the coverage, just since they're saying they'll be the most indepth, etc.? Or where does everyone watch? I think I went to a couple sites last year due to being jumpy on the ign site.
    I wouldn't think so. There would be no reason to and and if they did lock out non US users, that would only annoy a whole load of gamers who desperately want to see MS have a third train wreck in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Jester252 wrote: »
    The idea of looking after a little girl no thanks

Ico?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The game is Fortnite, developed by Epic. Assuming that's the one you're on about

Though think that was announced after E3. So may get more about it this year

Ahh yes, i thought it was epic. Must have been at one of the other big events, probably why i couldn't find it :P Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm kind of not looking forward to E3. I get the feeling that Sony and MS if they reveal new hardware it's going to have some really anti-consumer drm measures in place. I'll be very jaded if this comes to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Magill wrote: »
    Ahh yes, i thought it was epic. Must have been at one of the other big events, probably why i couldn't find it :P Cheers.

It was at the VGA's last Autumn. Heard rumours from Epic it was very early, hadnt even found a publisher, just an idea they were knocking around so doubt much E3 coverage. Pity, really love co-op survival games :(

I would like to hear a release date for Quantum Conundrum. Looks like a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Lisa Shapely SWordplay

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm kind of not looking forward to E3. I get the feeling that Sony and MS if they reveal new hardware it's going to have some really anti-consumer drm measures in place. I'll be very jaded if this comes to fruition.
    No way there's new hardware I think it will be at least 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

June 5th at 2.00 am? noooo :( I have the l.c english paper 1 the next day! no sony press conference for me :mad: Gonna watch nintendo one though can't wait to see the wii u in action! and some new games for the 3ds

Paper 1? Isn't that the essay and reading one?
    Possibilities-
    Essay: The state of the video game industry today
    Reading: Article on how gaming is viewed in this day and age.

So by staying up, you would be studying. :)

Hmmm, that could explain my Leaving Cert English grade all those years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Paper 1? Isn't that the essay and reading one?
    Possibilities-
    Essay: The state of the video game industry today
    Reading: Article on how gaming is viewed in this day and age.

So by staying up, you would be studying. :)

Hmmm, that could explain my Leaving Cert English grade all those years ago.

You have NO IDEA how much I wish that could be true :(:o

Advertisement