Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

No Anarchy Reigns but more Aliens, The Cave and the ****ing excellent looking Hell Yeah!.

Sega thanks Anarchy Reigns fans for their interest as concern grows over western release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

gizmo wrote: »
    No Anarchy Reigns but more Aliens, The Cave and the ****ing excellent looking Hell Yeah!.

Sega thanks Anarchy Reigns fans for their interest as concern grows over western release

In the meantime head over to japan psn store and play arnachy reigns demo :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At least Anarchy Reigns will be import friendly!

Demo out for it on PSN Japan today, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Read on eurogamer that a new Gears of War game will be announced next monday @ the MS Conference, please let it be for next gen and made from people can fly(bulletstorm was ace anyone that disagrees give yourself a kick in the kidneys from me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

GTR63 wrote: »
    Read on eurogamer that a new Gears of War game will be announced next monday @ the MS Conference, please let it be for next gen and made from people can fly(bulletstorm was ace anyone that disagrees give yourself a kick in the kidneys from me)

Really GOW 4 already take about flogging a dead horse are they trying to follow COD?

• Advertisement

Three games in six years is flogging a horse? :confused:

Given the announcement now I'd imagine it'll be released at the tail end of the current console cycle and if Epic are going to release such a game, then I'm happy with it being a Gears prequel.

In the meantime there's still Fortnite to look forward to as well as, one hopes, a proper Unreal Tournament game to launch with the release of Unreal Engine 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, shame that they're not making a sequel. I think the ending to the first game teased one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This Story is actually somewhat interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing a Splinter Cell game that goes back to its origins. I never liked conviction, it basically became a shooter which just didn't fit into the series.
    The talk suggests that the somewhat weather-worn, aged Sam Fisher seen in Splinter Cell: Conviction is long gone, having been replaced with a leaner, fully-suited and night-goggle version of Sam more akin to earlier games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I would like to hear a release date for Quantum Conundrum. Looks like a fun game.

And my request is filled
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/05/31/quantum-conundrum-e3-2012-trailer

June 21st on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Few years ago i remember seeing a trailer at E3, it was a real life one, very dusty/smokey and a man(/warrior) rises from his knees and a few more come from behind. I think they were in a wasteland kind of area. Been looking to find this recently and no luck. Anyone here remember?

• Advertisement

Few years ago i remember seeing a trailer at E3, it was a real life one, very dusty/smokey and a man(/warrior) rises from his knees and a few more come from behind. I think they were in a wasteland kind of area. Been looking to find this recently and no luck. Anyone here remember?
    Probably the original Kingdoms trailer from Crytek.

It's still in development under the name Ryse.

Oh and here's Konami's pre-EA video.

Of particular interest is the Revengeance footage which looks totally awesome, pretty much Ninja Gaiden meets Bayonetta in the MG universe. The slow-down mechanic is also quite similar to Afro Samurai which I enjoyed the hell out of too. Roll on early 2013. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Three games in six years is flogging a horse? :confused:

Agreed. That's practically nothing by today's standards.

I have no problem with a new Gears of War game, quite looking forward to seeing more of it actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Agreed. That's practically nothing by today's standards.

I have no problem with a new Gears of War game, quite looking forward to seeing more of it actually.

Agreed wasn't it a 3 year wait between 2 and 3. If People Can Fly go making it one year and Epic the next (like treyarch + infinity ward) then its a problem of milking. Think with new capable Devs it'll give the new Gears the kick it needs.
    Just seen a possible Hitman HD Collection on cvg with Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money on cvg...hope its true but its only listed as PS3 but I hope it gets a X360 release too.

So, it looks like People Can Fly are involved in the next Gears game anyway. Whether that means they're being used as code/art support or are handling development while design is decided upon by Epic remains to be seen.

Yep, Bulletstorm Developers Are Making that New Gears of War

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

Any one hear that Halo 4 might be comeing to pc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Agreed wasn't it a 3 year wait between 2 and 3. If People Can Fly go making it one year and Epic the next (like treyarch + infinity ward) then its a problem of milking. Think with new capable Devs it'll give the new Gears the kick it needs.
    Just seen a possible Hitman HD Collection on cvg with Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money on cvg...hope its true but its only listed as PS3 but I hope it gets a X360 release too.
    So, it looks like People Can Fly are involved in the next Gears game anyway. Whether that means they're being used as code/art support or are handling development while design is decided upon by Epic remains to be seen.

I can only hope that this means that Epic have more free time to develop a new Unreal Tournament game. We're long over due for one, especially since we've seen what the UE4 can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just over 12 hours to go before kickoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Nintendo's Pre E3 video, going in depth on the WiiU.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

For those that done use gametrailers.com already just fyi, they will be running a live stream over the whole course of the event. Will have a tonne of exclusives and best of all the stream is rock solid.

Here is a full schedule for the event and their coverage...

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/e3_pdf/E3_Schedule_v4.pdf

Will be hooking the laptop up to the tv in the games room myself and kicking back for the MS cringe fest. "SKITTLES!" <shudders> :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmmm, looks like be watching more than I planned. Will probably watch all 4 of tomorrow's main conferences. Then tuesday will watch Nintendo and that post conference bit sounds good with live demos

Nintendo's Pre E3 video, going in depth on the WiiU.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct

Im definitely impressed with the Wii U from that but tbh they have a lot against them.

It'll need to shrug the Wii's childish image in order to attract the hardcore again. The pastel colored menu system doesnt do that nor does sticking with the Mii avatars. They also need to have hardcore games in abundance.

Fair play to them for getting their online presence together though, if not a few years too late. A big driver in what console people buy is what their friends are on PSN or XBL. PS3 came late and to this day has a hard time migrating people over from XBL to PSN because of the snowball effect MS had of being first out of the gate. Wii U faces the same issue but instead of a year lag time it has 6 years lag time , two major competing online services and tbh I cant see a lot of folks leaving playing with their mates online for the Miiverse. (****e name btw).

The biggest problem I see though is even if they manage to overcome those huge hurdles the elephant in the room is the next gen from Sony and MS.
    If Wii U launches of xmas this year and is the same power or marginally higher spec than current gen would you fork over 400eur (as example) for a new console knowing that the other two will leap frog them in less than 12 months time as most predict next gen from Sony and MS in 2013.

Personally I wouldnt, Id bite my tongue for a year and invest in better hardware later than lesser hardware (compared to next gen) now.

Its great to see them addressing things like online presence and additional functionality of the hardware but it bangs a little of too little too late.

(also, wtf is with the tv remote? Honestly who only has cable tv these days. Nearly everyone is working off digital now and the tv remote working the tv set only is useless. Most only use the remote to turn on and off the set then switch to their digital providers remote. Perhaps it will have some kind of learn function that you can set it to be your digi remote. Nice idea if it has)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yep all Nintendo have to do is add a learning function and maybe a button editor, learning is on most good remotes and makes every that you can do with the original remote possible on the new one without any pre-programming on Nintendos part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'd rather see them work on a new BulletStorm, but I'd say they'll do a fine job with Gears.

Varik wrote: »
    Yep all Nintendo have to do is add a learning function and maybe a button editor, learning is on most good remotes and makes every that you can do with the original remote possible on the new one without any pre-programming on Nintendos part.

Hopefully so, its a great idea to get non gamers to pick up the controller and be comfortable doing that without even touching a game. Even if you have people over and go to change the station with the tablet people will instinctually ask whats that so with a pretty simple application they have folks asking and getting interested in the console when its in peoples living rooms.

Doesnt negate all the cons against getting a Wii U but it shows they are certainly making the most of what they have at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

What time will this start off over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

leaving for the airport in 5 hours

go team sleep deprivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

I love the Internet.

I'm sure Microsoft will mention the UPadPro tomorrow.
    12 hours remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think the 360 controller is fantastic so i'm all for it.

MS could announce a controller used as a motion sensor for Kinect and just do a mock up of a Wiimote and call it the Whymote or something :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

very little originality at E3, almost all sequels.
    are game developers that dumb that they can't come up with any new ideas?

Advertisement