Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Still kinda sickened that nothing was said about the upcoming Pokémon. I know, it's for the original DS, so they're too busy pushing the newer hardware, but it still would have been cool to hear a little something about it, as it's another of Nintendo's big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTR63 wrote: »
    There is a Game and Wario game coming too a weird hybrid of warioware and the game and watch that sounds good in my head anyway.
    Is Rayman Legends really a WiiU exclusive?
    Was reading somewhere that Ubisoft said it's an exclusive.

Also read feature on ign that ZombiU is a survival horror type game. One hit kill, basically. Then moves on to another character

• Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like they are gonna ruin the metal geat franchise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

deathrider wrote: »
    Still kinda sickened that nothing was said about the upcoming Pokémon. I know, it's for the original DS, so they're too busy pushing the newer hardware, but it still would have been cool to hear a little something about it, as it's another of Nintendo's big names.

expect that announcement tomorrow for 3ds e3 conference

expect that announcement tomorrow for 3ds e3 conference

I heard they weren't bringing it out on 3DS. Original DS only. It does seem odd, but maybe it's because there's at least one original DS in nearly every house on the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

About 3 hours of battery life on the pads apparently :confused:

Which mean that the U can only be used for 3 hours at a time, or when the game permits charged while in use.

deathrider wrote: »
    I heard they weren't bringing it out on 3DS. Original DS only. It does seem odd, but maybe it's because there's at least one original DS in nearly every house on the planet.

its still for DS but i reckon it be announced during that market since you can play ds games on 3ds

its still for DS but i reckon it be announced during that market since you can play ds games on 3ds

Ah, see what you mean now, dude. I hope so. I want me some new Pokémon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

...a wild Reggie appears.
    What time is the 3DS conference tomorrow.

im not quite sure , try to find it now for ya

says 1 day 40 minutes on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/app_385608378148291

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Sarky wrote: »
    The best thing about E3 is usually the Zero Punctuation video going on about how dreadful it was.

I would just like to thank you for introducing me to those videos:)

Hilarious.

It's at 6pm PDT. So that's 2am Thursday morning our time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like they are gonna ruin the metal geat franchise :(

Too late, MGS4 did that already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will be on the show floor no doubt, Nintendo didn't use the conference to announce new games but to show off the hardware.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It will be on the show floor no doubt, Nintendo didn't use the conference to announce new games but to show off the hardware.

It better be, or I'm going to catch me a pikachu and execute him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Too late, MGS4 did that already.
    BooThisMan.gif

Also, did anyone hear of Namco porting Tank! Tank! Tank! to the WiiU?

Now that's what I'm talking about. Please have online play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

for whoever was asking about the avengers, it's a fighting game

also, halo 4 is super fun

it's not great, but it's a world exclusive...

http://www.clickonline.com/games/e3-exclusive-far-cry-3-features-jet-ski-racing!/10392/

jet ski racing in far cry 3!

1730-1900 pacific, so add 8 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tech demo from Square Enix showcasing next gen graphics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You know, I am beginning to think that this convention is actually one worth attending. Unlike the other cons like PAX or Gamescom where the developers all have their games in booths where you have to wait in line for two hours to as much as look at the gameplay, at E3 such 'closed' booths seem to be in the minority, and where there were queues, they seemed to be much shorter.

It was a shorter day today and I didn't have time to do much wandering. I've been keeping a lookout for the Mechwarrior Online stand, haven't found it yet...

After looking online, it seems they're at the Razer booth. Well, now I know where to look...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tech demo from Square Enix showcasing next gen graphics

What is meant by Real-Time tech demo ?
    Ingame graphics as opposed to cutscene ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Also read feature on ign that ZombiU is a survival horror type game. One hit kill, basically. Then moves on to another character

Yup, no checkpoints and no respawns. You die you start as a new character and have to find and kill your previous person to get your gear back. You also lose any skills you have earned so there is a massive incentive to not die. Love the sound of it, but the graphics are a bit weak, considering its a console rumoured to rival the PS3 and 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Helix wrote: »

This the Ubisoft one? Had an feeling it was, the trailer seemed to showed 1vs1 pairings with a 2nd character jumping in. So possibly similar to MvsC, where you have 2 and switch mid battle??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What is meant by Real-Time tech demo ?
    Ingame graphics as opposed to cutscene ?
    Yup, that's what it means. The content would have been scripted but that's what the renderer is capable of. Incredibly impressive stuff but very much next gen :)

Helix wrote: »

also, halo 4 is super fun

Helix, from your point of view, what's the opinion of the Nintendo conference from you and from those around you? Was it that they didn't have as much to show as expected, or was it all just badly presented?

But is that next gen for consoles or next gen for pc cause in all fairness sony cant bring out a ps4 that powerful with the money they are losing, hell i dont think they can bring out a ps4 cause they backed themselves into a wall with the ps3 and have to try to make money out of it.
    Thinking bout next gen i even wonder how much of a leap its going to be .
    All i reckon is going to be is little more powerful console but be running 60fps
    And digital distrubution will be pushed more .

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yup, no checkpoints and no respawns. You die you start as a new character and have to find and kill your previous person to get your gear back. You also lose any skills you have earned so there is a massive incentive to not die. Love the sound of it, but the graphics are a bit weak, considering its a console rumoured to rival the PS3 and 360.

Sounds like Dark Souls or a Rogue-like. I'm very interested in it now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was reading somewhere that Ubisoft said it's an exclusive.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I'm liking the sound of this.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sounds like Dark Souls or a Rogue-like. I'm very interested in it now!
    F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm liking the sound of this.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one.

It's already out. It's called DayZ. :P

Advertisement