Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

60 mins to go till 3ds press confernce

Is it being streamed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    I was specifically referring to the lack of AA at that resolution given the increased amount of eDRAM in the system.

Wouldn't that be a late addition to development? Agree though that with 32MB of eDRAM there should be plenty for 1080p gaming and lots of post processing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    How does that compare to other versions, do you know? Thanks

very badly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Swung by Firaxis for my X-Com update. Take my money... Please.

Activision hasn't done things by halves, their booth is topped by a 40m long (Conservatively) screen, and the entire width is used by the trailers.

Finally found MWO on display at the Razer stand, after much looking. Not sure what to make of it. Mech customisation looks awesome, but the game play has yet to convince me.

• Advertisement

60 mins to go till 3ds press confernce

decided in then interest of personal safety to give that one a miss. if the la kings win in the hockey tonight they win the stanley cup, and last time i was here and the lakers won in the basketball there was a riot

perhaps not the bravest move ever, but im damned if im getting caught up in that kind of madness again

today's summary:

got another good look at the wonderbook - it's for kids, but it's very impressive. the issue is that a ps3 plus move plus the wonderbook and the games won't be cheap for parents. that's a potential roadblock for its success imo

ps all stars battle royale is still good solid fun

lbp2 cross play is absolutely fantastic

wii u gamepad is surprisingly ergonomic, but the pro controller is in another universe. best controller i have ever, ever, EVER used. absolutely gorgeous to play with

rayman legends is brilliant, as expected

zombi u is a potential belter

new super mario bros u is everything you would expect, and uses the game pad to good effect

new transformers is awesome

when vikings attack could be a sleeper hit - silly as hell but serious fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did you play/see Castlevania, Tomb Raider or Far Cry 3 yet Helix?
    PS didn't miss much at the 3DS Conference tbh, no new model thank feck. Any sign of the new Professor Layton for the 3DS?

no to all 3. tomb raider isnt playable on the floor, BUT i was told last night that there's a behind closed doors playable demo. gonna try to wrangle my way in there tomorrow

gonna get stuck into far cry 3 tomorrow too, was talking to one of the level designers last night and he told me to pop over to give her a decent spin

heard nowt about layton, but ill see what i can find out for you

been told ill be well prepared for the wii u launch by ninty - im assuming that means a console long before launch

Helix, you still haven't found me...

• Advertisement

tomorrow's my day with a bit of free time. was actually in your neck of the woods today for a meeting of tori and kim from steelseries, kept my eye out for your name on id tags but didn't see you. anywhere in particular you're likely to be around say 11am tomorrow? have a bit of free time between meetings then, and again from 1230-1415 and 1445-1545

the more i think of it the more ridiculous my schedule has been

ive played like 10 games

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did anyone watch The Walking Dead episode 2 preview? I'm avoiding it as I don't want any spoilers but I can't find a release date for it. Did Telltale give a release date a E3?

EDIT: After some looking around, looks like the release date wasn't announced. At least people are letting Telltale know how they feel on twitter. Really not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Helix wrote: »
    wii u gamepad is surprisingly ergonomic, but the pro controller is in another universe. best controller i have ever, ever, EVER used. absolutely gorgeous to play with

rayman legends is brilliant, as expected

One thing I was wondering about for Rayman is can it be played single player? All the demos I've seen so far includes someone controlling Rayman with the pro and another using the gamepad helping/hindering him.

And yeah no surprises at the 3DS conference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any good stuff shown at the 3DS presentation? 3DS is turning into an amazing machine like it's predecessor.

3DS games included:
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    Lego Batman 2
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (though I will probably keep calling it The Deadly Art of Illusion or Death by Illusion :))
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Rayman Rabbids Rumble
    Transformers Prime

then confirmed by Reggie afterward, Fire Emblem

CastorTroy wrote: »
    3DS games included:
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Lego Batman 2
    Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (though I will probably keep calling it The Deadly Art of Illusion or Death by Illusion :))
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Rayman Rabbids Rumble
    Transformers Prime

epic

3DS games included:
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Lego Batman 2
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Rayman Rabbids Rumble
    Transformers Prime

That's a fantastic line up for the year and doesn't even cover exclusives. Also great to hear Fire Emblem is getting a US release since I've a US 3DS, was getting worried I might have to buy a PAL system :)

Etrian Odyssey 4 and Code of Princess from Atlus will also be coming out on it. 3DS definitely looks like the best console to come out of E3 by the looks of it.

Helix wrote: »
    tomorrow's my day with a bit of free time. was actually in your neck of the woods todany for a meeting of tori and kim from steelseries, kept my eye out for your name on id tags but didn't see you. anywhere in particular you're likely to be around say 11am tomorrow? have a bit of free time between meetings then, and again from 1230-1415 and 1445-1545

I'm around at 11 but an playing am exhibition game. I'm easy to find, tall guy with the cool hat. All the staff know me. If, for some reason I'm on the show floor, they have my number. Actually, you do too, PM

yup, will give you a shout later

One thing I was wondering about for Rayman is can it be played single player? All the demos I've seen so far includes someone controlling Rayman with the pro and another using the gamepad helping/hindering him.

And yeah no surprises at the 3DS conference.

yeh it can be played SP alright

• Advertisement

Cool. I know they like to emphasise "Together", but I prefer to know what games I can play by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

New transformers trailer has had me sitting here giggling for a while

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Frak me, but that Transformers game gets better every time I see something new for it. The last one was a surprisingly fun game, this one looks to be more of the same.

Kotakus headline sums up my thoughts exactly
    Transformers Trail-Holy Crap That’s Metroplex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Interesting bit of news regarding the sale of the UFC licence by THQ to EA.

THQ sold UFC license after failing to break even on it

What it should also indicate is that much of the ballooning dev costs these days is due to the amount of assets required by today's AAA games.

gizmo wrote: »
    Interesting bit of news regarding the sale of the UFC licence by THQ to EA.

THQ sold UFC license after failing to break even on it

What it should also indicate is that much of the ballooning dev costs these days is due to the amount of assets required by today's AAA games.

And it just wasnt a very good game

Okay, I need to get my finger out and get the first game played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Helix, What company do you work for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Despite the last transformer game they worked on , not the movie title they did being surprisely good i cant get excited for cgi trailer .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Helix, What company do you work for?

Click here :D

Advertisement