Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So Kotaku have a good article up talking about the BIG question at E3 so far, are Watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 nexgen games?

http://kotaku.com/5916567/e3s-unsolved-mystery-are-watch-dogs-and-star-wars-1313-really-next+gen-games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

VinLieger wrote: »
    So Kotaku have a good article up talking about the BIG question at E3 so far, are Watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 nexgen games?

Think we all know that if they are running on our consoles its just impossible for them to look that good. I imagine they are being demoed on monster pcs. Christ I couldn't take another year of MS and Sony trying to convince us there is plenty of life left in the current gen hardware, thank f**k for the 3rd parties propping up their conferences this year. Part of me thinks Nintendo held a bit back knowing how little the other two had, pity it blew up in their face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

VinLieger wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/5916567/e3s-unsolved-mystery-are-watch-dogs-and-star-wars-1313-really-next+gen-games

had a private demo of watchdogs today and it doesn't look noticeably out of the ordinary for a current gen game tbh. i think devs are just figuring out how to squeeze things out of the systems that they didnt previously know how to do. halo 4 in action is a good example of that - it looks fanfrickingtastic

GTR63 wrote: »
    i imagine they are being demoed on monster pcs

there were a SERIOUS amount of demoed titles on the show floor sneakily running off hidden pcs

now that i give more thought to the watchdogs demo, i think there's actually something to this. ubisoft aren't giving anything away at all, and reggie fils amie was in the group after me to check out the private showings which struck me as a bit strange at the time. surely he'd not have been all that bothered if it wasnt next gen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Helix wrote: »
    now that i give more thought to the watchdogs demo, i think there's actually something to this. ubisoft aren't giving anything away at all, and reggie fils amie was in the group after me to check out the private showings which struck me as a bit strange at the time. surely he'd not have been all that bothered if it wasnt next gen
    WiiU will be getting lots of ports from current gen systems for at least a year I'd say so not that strange to be checking out how to stick a second screen on it

WiiU will be getting lots of ports from current gen systems for at least a year I'd say so not that strange to be checking out how to stick a second screen on it

its very strange that reggie's first look at a title that's potentially as big as this would come after mine, to give an extreme example. if it was coming to wii u he'd have known about it before e3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

From what I've read, Watchdogs is a current gen game, but that's not to day there won't be a version on next gen consoles.
    With regards to 1313, that is definitely a next generation game. At least in the form we saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does that mean your body was ready before Reggie, something to boast about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Easily the worst E3 I can remember. I just hope they are holding everything back for next E3 to announce the new consoles.

• Advertisement

there were a SERIOUS amount of demoed titles on the show floor sneakily running off hidden pcs
    I'm guessing the likes of Far Cry 3 and the majority of 3rd party games, worrying when these games are due beginning september.
    What is Hitman looking like and any whispers of GTA V news?

actually far cry 3 was legitimately running off the proper systems. i know this because i crashed the ps3 version

I'm guessing the likes of Far Cry 3 and the majority of 3rd party games, worrying when these games are due beginning september.
    What is Hitman looking like and any whispers of GTA V news?

hitman looked and played very well i thought. a bit grainy, but it appears to be a stylised thing more than anything else. i had about 10 mins on it and enjoyed murdering people, taking their clothes and hiding them in skips

i think that says more about me than anything else though

all dead on the gta front somewhat surprisingly

speaking of me crashing things, i set a new personal best this week

games that crashed while i was within a 5 foot radius of them:

far cry 3
    transformers fall of cybertron (which is absolutely brilliant for the record)
    need for speed most wanted (which was running on pc despite, i think, being supposed to look like xbox)
    sniper ghost warrior 2
    epic mickey 2

im developers' worst nightmare. my crash ratio is higher than any journo i know. i crash at least 2 games at every multigame event, and im usually the only one they crash on too

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iMcdermottz

E3 this year was not the best nor the worse. I personally can't believe valve didn't make an show...

E3 this year was not the best nor the worse. I personally can't believe valve didn't make an show...

valve were there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

i had about 10 mins on it and enjoyed murdering people, taking their clothes and hiding them in skips

i think that says more about me than anything else though

You may have made me veeeery happy. The worry with Hitman was the trailers signaling a turn to more action based gameplay. Sounds like this isn't true?

the parts i played were very action light, unless you actually got identified and caught up in a shootout - then you had very slim odds of survival unless you moved fast and got the hell out of dodge

stealth is key, as is tact. you can't do anything stupid or you'll die - and the odds of getting out of a firefight once swat show up are minimal. it's a very refreshing change of pace from what's out there right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Reeeeeealy good to hear, cheers!

no problem at all sir

• Advertisement

Despite the last transformer game they worked on , not the movie title they did being surprisely good i cant get excited for cgi trailer .
    dont worry, the actual game is great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Liamario wrote: »
    From what I've read, Watchdogs is a current gen game, but that's not to day there won't be a version on next gen consoles.
    With regards to 1313, that is definitely a next generation game. At least in the form we saw it.
    As I said in the Watch_Dogs thread, there's a lot of DX11 niceties on display throughout the demo but that doesn't mean it can't be this gen, there are ways around it either by replacing some of the effects with their DX9 equivalents or just removing them in extreme cases.

As for 1313, that's supposedly running on the Samaritan build of Unreal Engine 3 so it's most definitely next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

halo 4 in action is a good example of that - it looks fanfrickingtastic

Does Halo 4 play like Metroid Prime as it has that look? If so then I would nearly get a 360 to play it. :) though that constant talking would annoy me.

You talk to Reggie? Get him to set up an account here? did you get me that Wii U I asked for? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does Halo 4 play like Metroid Prime as it has that look? If so then I would nearly get a 360 to play it. :) though that constant talking would annoy me.

It has a scanning visor but as for playing like Metroid Prime, there's been nothing really to suggest it has the same exploration and progress system. Would be nice if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Not a great E3 but it isn't really surprising considering we are kind of stuck between the current and new generation at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just watched the Unreal 4 developer walkthrough, holy **** that stuff is ****ing mind blowing...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

valve were there;)

Will we be hearing any more about that?

:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Time to invest in 3DS over the summer I think. Handheld is finally showing some great potential.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Will we be hearing any more about that?

:)

I expect it had to do with Counter Strike i'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I expect it had to do with Counter Strike i'm afraid

Only news I've heard involving Valve from the last week or so has been:

-DOTA2 will be free to play, all heroes unlocked for free with paid cosmetic costumes
    -CS:GO release date and price of $15
    -developers of Payday: The Heist rumoured to be working with Valve on a Left 4 Dead prequel
    -Portal 2 stuff for PS3, new maps and Move controls

Advertisement