Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Street Library

Options
  • 12-05-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Does anyone know if the library in Kevin Street is open at all during the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Pretty sure all of the DIT libraries will be. You'd have to ask at the desk for opening hours though, or maybe check the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

sound mate thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Yeah it is , i was using it last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 horndog80

Kevin Street
    Academic Year 2011 - 2012 19/09/11 - 01/06/12 04/06/12 - 14/09/12
    Monday - Thursday 09.30 - 21.30 09.30 - 17.15
    Friday 09.30 - 17.15 09.30 - 17.15
    Saturday (Dates) 09.30- 16.30 Closed

http://www.dit.ie/library/sites/kevin st/openinghoursnews/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Can we use this forum to bitch about the noise levels in Kevin Street library? If you want to chat, gtfo (the 'o' in this case stands for outside)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Can we use this forum to bitch about the noise levels in Kevin Street library? If you want to chat, gtfo (the 'o' in this case stands for outside)!
    Go for it, Let it all out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emerald1

Funny thing is, a lot of the time the "silent" study area can be just as noisy as the general study area. One day I was trying to study in the silent area when two lads sitting behind me started looking at photos on Facebook, laughing quite loudly about their "epic" night out and talking NON STOP. They just did not shut up, and they weren't even what you would call "whispering", just talking lowly, but still loud enough to be an annoyance to everyone else around them. This has happened on many occasions.

I might as well have been sitting the canteen studying for the amount of work I got done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

feeney92 wrote: »
    Theres 2 sections in the library, one for complete silence studying and the other for group study....use the silent area and you wont have anything to complain about

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the area with signs everywhere saying "silent study" was the silent study area :rolleyes: I was talking about that area and it was ridiculous noisy, even more so than normal imo. I went up to ask the librarians to ask people to keep the noise down and they said they've given up. Apparently, someone's mam rang in saying the librarians were bullying them by asking them to be quiet. I mean, honestly, you've clearly not the maturity to be in college if 1) you use the library for chatting rather than studying and 2) if you still need your mother to fight your battles for you. Anytime I asked people to please be quiet I just got rolling eyes, very rude and inconsiderate. I did my undergrad in Maynooth and you would be shot for that carry on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

ya cant bate the library craic.... ya have to take the pressure off someway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

feeney92 wrote: »
    Theres 2 sections in the library, one for complete silence studying and the other for group study....use the silent area and you wont have anything to complain about

That's hilarious that you think the silent study area is even remotely quiet. Libraries by nature should be silent, so a requirement for a silent area is weird. The non silent area is actually really loud, don't know why most of the people were there, they couldn't have been getting anything done.

About the silent area, they try to enforce the no talking. The librarian walks around and stands beside people until they stop talking, however he only does this to girls and young lads. He doesn't dare go near the tough looking lads who are making all of the noise, he just completely turns a blind eye to them.

I'm so glad Im finished there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

If your study is interrupted by noise, ALWAYS complain to a member of staff.

If that does not help, ask for the College Librarian (in Kevin St it is Brendan Devlin.)

I think you will find the staff are responsive to complaints.

Advertisement