Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Marketing Internship

Options
  • 12-05-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm looking for an online marketing intern for a small ecommerce website based in Ashbourne.

The business is the online division of an established company. The role is for 3 months from May 28th (or June 3rd) with a salary of €6k for the three months.

The role will involve PPC, Social, Analytics and possibly SEO. We are looking for someone to work with an experienced ecommerce professional to help define and execute an online marketing strategy for a small business.

Candidates must have managed online marketing campaigns previously (especially PPC) or have completed a degree in online marketing. Experience with Google Analytics is a plus and a deep knowledge of online marketing is absolutely essential.

Please PM me for further details.

Comments

padser wrote: »
    Candidates must have managed online marketing campaigns previously (especially PPC) or have completed a degree in online marketing. Experience with Google Analytics is a plus and a deep knowledge of online marketing is absolutely essential.

Could be tough to find, most candidates in this field with that sort of experience are working away earning a lot more than 24K a year. Having said that, this would be perfect opportunity for someone looking to get their teeth into something before moving into a big agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hi - I'm looking for an online marketing intern for a small ecommerce website based in Ashbourne.

The business is the online division of an established company. The role is for 3 months from May 28th (or June 3rd) with a salary of €6k for the three months.

The role will involve PPC, Social, Analytics and possibly SEO. We are looking for someone to work with an experienced ecommerce professional to help define and execute an online marketing strategy for a small business.

It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too :) You do realise that an intern is someone who takes on something to get experience and learn, not someone who comes with 'deep experience'? You might find someone with a degree in marketing, but online marketing degrees don't yet exist, and most marketing degrees are weak on the digital side.

As mentioned, people with lots of experience usually want to work for more than €13 per hour. That said, it's still a good opportunity you're providing, for the right person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Chet Zar wrote: »

It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too :) You do realise that an intern is someone who takes on something to get experience and learn, not someone who comes with 'deep experience'? You might find someone with a degree in marketing, but online marketing degrees don't yet exist, and most marketing degrees are weak on the digital side.

As mentioned, people with lots of experience usually want to work for more than €13 per hour. That said, it's still a good opportunity you're providing, for the right person.

I should probably clarify what I mean by "deep knowledge". :-)

I'm looking for someone straight of college who has studied online marketing as part of their degree and who is looking to get practical experience applying those techniques to a small growing ecommerce company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I don't think this is the best place to advertise the post.

You'd be better off listing it on a few of the free job sites and see if that gets any traction

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Blacknight wrote: »
    I don't think this is the best place to advertise the post.

You'd be better off listing it on a few of the free job sites and see if that gets any traction

OP, try one of the free sites, GradIreland or FlexiStudents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I,ll most likely apply tomorrow my cv could with a lick of paint, most students including myself are finishing/starting end of years exams.

Advertisement