Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to recalibrate your home button to make it as responsive as it was on day one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Have tried it a couple of times but no joy :(
    Thank God for Zephyr :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Clicking the link makes safari crash on my iPad. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

When an app crashes/freezes. This is the instructions of how to force it to close. It's in the manual.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My home button is quite flaky... Will give this a try if it goes again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

there is no way that thing will work if it's physical issue. The home button is made by 2 metal plates that when they touch the home button activates. Usually damp gets inside the plastic shield and corrodes the connectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

worked a treat for me :)
    I'd near always see a sec delay in the home button function but it's practically instantaneous after doing the above :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks a bunch for that.

I thought my G4 iTouch was acting up, sometimes I'd have to press the home button three times to get it to work, thought the device was faulty. It's very encouraging to know that it's just a calibration issue.

I also have an issue that sometimes when I wake up the device, it takes an age for any finger action to work like swiping to move to a different screen or just tapping the Settings icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Blazer wrote: »
    worked a treat for me :)
    I'd near always see a sec delay in the home button function but it's practically instantaneous after doing the above :D

There must have been an app or your iPhone has crashed. These instruction are how you force close a frozen app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I need help calibrating a light switch, can somebody please help me?

Worked perfectly for me on iPad, it has been wrecking my head,nbarely responsive and I thought it was a physical problem but tried that and it works perfectly now !!!

Thanks for posting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Magic!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

worked for me there now, i had a bad delay when exiting apps, they now close quicker then before!

Thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

When this didnt work for me in the past, another method did. Plug you iphone in to the charger/USB wire. Push up on the wire slightly when its inserted and press the home button. Worked a charm last time

Advertisement