Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing chandeliers

Options
  • 12-05-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi

No idea what Im doing here ...

First pic shows current chandelier and the second shows the new one I want to put in.

Do I cut the wires of the old one?
    And which do I insert into the new one and how?

thanks
    m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you've no cpc(earth) so best advice is don't fit it

if it's a bungalow, it might be easy enough to drop one in for the chandelier

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

the cable connected to the brown in your old fitting would connect to the L terminal in the new fitting, and the cable connected to the blue in the old fitting will connect to the N terminal in the new fitting.
    The middle cable in the new fitting (looks blue but must be green) is linking to the body of the new fitting and is attempting to earth the case.
    As stated above this is the earth cable and should be connected to a dedicated to an earth cable, but as stated it looks like you don't have one and it's best to get one to the light, particularly a metal fitting.

Advertisement