Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford butchers shop 1972

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That link isn't working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The best clue might be in the reflection, a blue letter A last letter in a short name.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Going by the map when you zoom in on it it seems to be the butchers down be BPM with no meat in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Going by the map when you zoom in on it it seems to be the butchers down be BPM with no meat in it.

Fairly certain that's it alright. Seems about the right size and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

ziedth wrote: »

Looks like that but if you look at the comments below someone suggested Shaws is across from it.So its o connell st. I showed my husband and he said its Flynns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deiseabu

Phelans on Georges St - looks like Mr Phelan in the pic anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

doesnt look like phelans to me,road doesnt match up with location,the trays in the windows make ya think that.then again it could have been before it was pedestranised

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deiseabu

Pretty sure that is Tom Phelan in pic. Georges St wouldn't have been pedestrianised in 1972 and if you look down Georges St from John Roberts Sq towards Shaws, Phelans would have been on your left, so that might add up

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    ziedth wrote: »

Looks like that but if you look at the comments below someone suggested Shaws is across from it.So its o connell st. I showed my husband and he said its Flynns.
    It must have been Phelans that if meant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

its where Jack and jones is now

Advertisement