Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised Snow Globe - not photo - HELP PLEASE!

Options
  • 12-05-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A good friend got married recently - my friend and I were both at the wedding, and unfortunately time got away from us before the wedding so (as we explained to the bride) we will be giving them their present when they get back from honeymoon.

We knew what we're giving them, we just hadn't co-ordinated it, because we're a bit crap like that, but the problem is, what we're giving them is an experience, rather than a gift, and on recent discussion, we want to get them something more permanent too, so they'll always have something small to remember it by from us.

I want to get them a snowglobe with a resin statuette (like a cake topper) in it, customised based on their first dance (preferably wind up, playing their first dance song) but I've trawled the internet and can't find anything like it.

I know it's a bit specific, but she collects snowglobes, and I really don't want to settle for one with a photo in it, even if it's one of the "high-tech" photo cut outs like the one here:
    a_snowglobe-w-base-merry-chri_7.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

Does anyone have any idea where I might find something like that?

I'd even settle for a wind-up snow globe which played their wedding tune and had their wedding confetti in it, as a last resort, because we could get that engraved.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I think you will find it nearly impossible to combine both personalised figures, snow globe AND personalised music choice - for a 'one-off' item anyway.

Best bet is to try US sites, Snowglobes are HUGELY popular there. I did find this company who do what you are looking for but they have a min order of 300 units. Still, if you dont ask, you never know:

http://www.customwaterglobes.com

Its worth a pleading email?!

Advertisement