Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting times in Sydney

Options
  • 12-05-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi guys,
    Would anyone know the commuting distance/time between Ashfield{west} and Rosebay {East}. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Go to 131500.com.au and enter your start and end points, it will give you the journey times.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Tried that but it wudnt let me put in rosebay - maybe train doesnt go there. i meant in a car anyhow - wud you know how long it would take.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

16.7km 23 mins......thats what came up when i typed in routh..hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It's an easy enough run, Parramatta road->City west Link-> Cross city Tunnel

I used to live in Croydon which is the next suburb to Ashfield and if you are driving it will probably take an hour, maybe a bit less if you leave at 7. I used to find if I wasn't on the Parramatta road before 07:15 I would get smashed around Haberfield if heading towards city. Once you are over the ANZAC bridge it's dead easy as the CCT is never busy and you pop out at Edgecliff and it should be clear enough to Rosebay. The only catch to that is it cost $4.70 each way for the tunnel but this will save 20-30mins driving across the city.

Any alternative route through the Back Streets is not much better.

You could drive to Abbotsford Ferry wharf in 5 mins and get the River cat to Circluar Key and then the Ferry to Rose Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dietdiva wrote: »
    Tried that but it wudnt let me put in rosebay - maybe train doesnt go there. i meant in a car anyhow - wud you know how long it would take.
    Thanks

There's no train station in Rose Bay. Via public transport you would have to get the train to either Edgecliff ot Bondi Junction and take a bus.
    131500.com.au will still route train plus buses for you. The problem was that you typed Rosebay when its actually Rose Bay. Train pus bus takes 50mins to 1hr

By car, its about 15km and will take you 20 minutes to an hour depending on time of the day and traffic. The commuting work, will be the busiest so allow an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Thanks everyone . Dont know if my boyfriend will travel for an hour in mornings. We just thought ashfield/ croyden etc were cheaper places to live yet still nice areas. are there any nice suburbs near rose bay with similar rental prices or shud we stick with ashfield.

Thanks

Advertisement