Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm still ****e. You should definitely come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Well play me tonight around 10 and we can see. I also hate the thought of playing CPU games. It is so sad :(.

Raoul wrote: »
    Well play me tonight around 10 and we can see. I also hate the thought of playing CPU games. It is so sad :(.

I should be on so gimme a shout. CPU games are a bit more enjoyable this time around I have to say. They're more challenging, for me anyway...

More challenging is not what I wanted to hear. I played for a few min yesterday and realised that I didn't even try out the trial this year. Seems decent enough but I tried to play an online game and it just stalled and I couldn't be arsed retrying.

You around to play in around thirty minutes pudsy? Or anyone else if pudsy cant

• Advertisement

Sure thing. No functioning mic at the moment though unfortunately. Just send me a message on xbox once you're on.

GG Pudsy. Not sure about those last 20 seconds of the 2nd quarter though lol.

Enjoyed the game! Still hate that sometimes your pass goes totally awry for no reason :s.

Enjoyed the game! Still hate that sometimes your pass goes totally awry for no reason :s.

Those passes go awry because Stafford. Trust me, I know better than most.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Really? Like there were about 3/4 that were just baffling. Tate wide open and Stafford threw it a mile out. Megatron on a curl route, nobody near him but I did throw it low but Stafford practically spiked it. :D:D

• Advertisement

Really? Like there were about 3/4 that were just baffling. Tate wide open and Stafford threw it a mile out. Megatron on a curl route, nobody near him but I did throw it low but Stafford practically spiked it. :D:D

Who is running the league now so I can get involved?

Giffney or Perrin will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Giffney or Perrin will sort you out.

He is correct...what's the gamertag? I'll send the invite tonight!

Eamonn87, I think ha. What team should I take? I know I said the skins before but then maybe their QB is awful and maybe they have lost all their games. Opinions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Eamonn87, I think ha. What team should I take? I know I said the skins before but then maybe their QB is awful and maybe they have lost all their games. Opinions?
    I'd go a with a good QB anyway,I have Foles who's rated like 82 but can be very erratic with his throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I would look at the bucs or cardinals before the skins, the worst cpu team I played was the bears, Cutler is awfull couldn't find open receivers, Winston seemed ok in offline for me odd shaky throw when under pressure

Bears have a new rookie who is better than cutler afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Bears have a new rookie who is better than cutler afaik

i think your right cutler was might not have been there week two this season when I played them, he was last season, that was the rookie with all the top ratings in draft, he struggled early on against the pack but haven't looked at his stats since,

Giants,Saints and Cardinals are all in similar postions in that all their Qb's are old and could potientally retire this this season.

Redskins have RGIII but he's terrible.

49ers and Bears have good rookie qb's this season.

Bucc's look good,Winston at QB,Evans,Jackson and Dwayne Allen to throw too,Doug martin is gone from HB though,o-line need works,all them are rated in the 70's,defense has McCoy and David(both rated 99) and Verner at CB(85).

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'd go a with a good QB anyway,I have Foles who's rated like 82 but can be very erratic with his throws.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I am intrigued by this rookie QB. What is the Bears run game like? Is Jez Langford any use? Forte still alive? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I imagine Forte hit FA

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I am intrigued by this rookie QB. What is the Bears run game like? Is Jez Langford any use? Forte still alive? :pac:
    Rookie has 88 throw power,87 short,84 med,71 deep.
    Langford's gone,Ridley's no1,all the rb's have at most 81 spd.
    Jeffrey,White and Bennet are good recievers though.
    Good tackle's and lg.
    ok d-line and lb's,weak secondry.

The division is full of you join! At least 6 human games a year minimum

The division is full of you join! At least 6 human games a year minimum
    That is what I am thinking. But Perring has sort of put me off them. :( Flipping internet is down tonight and I can't get on the xbox :mad:

Has anyone played them all?

Story lads

James and I are playing battlefield on a regular basis now and wondering if you lads have it and would like to play together!

Much more craic. So anyone around Christmas Day who plays?

Story lads

James and I are playing battlefield on a regular basis now and wondering if you lads have it and would like to play together!

I'd get it but I know my internet couldn't handle the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Story lads

Played the ea access trial and really enjoyed it, so will likely pick it up when back in the new year alright!

C2zoElsXcAArvnS.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Got a new xbox :cool:

Will be back assuming there's a M18 league

Advertisement