Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Time for some love for the defense on Madden covers

I hope Keuchley wins it but it'll be Sherman

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's Sherman v Newton in the final.

I'm surprised Cam made it so far to be honest. I'd prefer Sherman to get it, defense needs some Madden cover love as Mike says above :pac:

Polomalu in 2010 was the last defensive player on the cover and he had to share it with Larry Fitz, Ray Lewis in 2005 was the only other one ever in the history of the series.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

eb78d0031ee858f13d5024513a04526a.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

If Sherman wins does my team pick go up a few places?

A proposed settlement has been reached between athletes who appeared in the NCAA games and EA Sports. Each athlete would receive $971 for each series of the game they appeared in. They're just waiting for a judge to approve it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Axton Fancy Wool

Paully D wrote: »
    A proposed settlement has been reached between athletes who appeared in the NCAA games and EA Sports. Each athlete would receive $971 for each series of the game they appeared in. They're just waiting for a judge to approve it now.

sweet does that mean we may end up seeing more ncaa football games released?

• Advertisement

sweet does that mean we may end up seeing more ncaa football games released?

I'd doubt it mate.

The settlement is just for the players who were featured from 2003-present day, but one of the lawyers representing the players said the below:
    Aragon declined to comment on the reported amount of the settlement, but did provide a few details about the nature of the agreement between his clients, EA and the CLC.

"That's not us. We didn't tell them to do that," said Aragon, when asked to comment on EA's cancellation of next year's college football title. "We would be fine if they published a game."

According to Aragon, there's no language in the settlement agreement that prevents EA from continuing to develop and publish college football games. In fact, said Aragon, "There's really nothing about future name, image or likeness use [in the agreement].

"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses. Or [they could] pay the students, which they didn't really agree to," said Aragon.

So while it looks they'd be free to make another NCAA Football game, they're extremely unlikely to bother as they'd end up getting hit with another lawsuit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

adrian522 wrote: »

Now just work on making it good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

guns4all wrote: »
    Now just work on making it good.

Nah, that's more of a Madden 16 thing.

• Advertisement

Looks great, though all of these trailers do. I'm looking forward to seeing some proper gameplay at E3 (hopefully). Focus is definitely on defense this year:
    Deliver on Defense

Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

The cover vote winner is announced at 11pm our time on SportsCenter. If Newton loses again that would be 3 years in a row he's been beaten in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

That video is a load of ****, marshawn lynch would run keuchlys ass into the dirt. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Newton challenges Sherman to a game of Madden :D

Sherman wins the cover vote. I'm sure there'll be more than a few people hoping that the Madden Curse strikes this year mind :pac: I'm personally glad that defense gets represented on the cover in what should hopefully be a return to a decent level of defense in the game this year.

Cam was great craic at the reveal, he really had the crowd going. Three cover vote losses in a row for him now. It's crazy how popular the game is when EA/ESPN can pull off big reveals just for a cover vote like they did tonight.

The cover does look rubbish at the minute but I'm sure it'll be jazzed up.

Bpe_gywCcAAbpTI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Can someone post a link for cheap xbox live?
    Ones that email them to you quickly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheapxboxlivecodes.com

Got a new one last week, had it in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi i bought madden 25 in the last two weeks, and i found when playing it freezes up for a few seconds, is this a fault in the game or my xbox360?

tripperman wrote: »
    Hi i bought madden 25 in the last two weeks, and i found when playing it freezes up for a few seconds, is this a fault in the game or my xbox360?

Hi mate. I have never experienced any sort of freezing with it, aside from a bit of lag when playing online but that's a connection issue. Where does it freeze for you? Is it in game or on the menus etc? Did you buy the game second hand? If so, it may be a bit scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Clear the cache on your hard drive, should sort it out

Hi mate. I have never experienced any sort of freezing with it, aside from a bit of lag when playing online but that's a connection issue. Where does it freeze for you? Is it in game or on the menus etc? Did you buy the game second hand? If so, it may be a bit scratched.
    got it new, just as the ball snaps into play it freezes,

• Advertisement

got it new, just as the ball snaps into play it freezes,

I've never had the issue before, but searching on the Madden forum on Operation Sports shows that a number of people have had the same problem.

As Pudsy says, clearing the cache on your hard drive should sort it and that seems to be a solution suggested quite a bit on said forum with a lot of success. If you're on the Xbox 360, you could also try installing the game to your hard drive.

Also, if you're on the Xbox 360 get signed up to our league :D

I've never had the issue before, but searching on the Madden forum on Operation Sports shows that a number of people have had the same problem.

As Pudsy says, clearing the cache on your hard drive should sort it and that seems to be a solution suggested quite a bit on said forum with a lot of success. If you're on the Xbox 360, you could also try installing the game to your hard drive.

Also, if you're on the Xbox 360 get signed up to our league :D

I done as said and its working good now, get my xbox live sorted and ill join, but im a rookie that make a difference

E3 tonight lads. I think the EA stuff kicks off around 8pm our time. EA are miles behind in terms of their usual promotion strategy of the game, so I'm hopeful we'll get to see a decent bit on Madden 15.

Cue a 20 second trailer like the one already released. :pac:
    I done as said and its working good now, get my xbox live sorted and ill join, but im a rookie that make a difference

No difference at all mate. We all were rookies at one stage. The best way to improve is by playing in the league as we play proper NFL style, e.g. punting on 4th downs which doesn't happen online against random players.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah im hopeful of something good to be honest.
    This version has really drained me so i really want to be wowed, my worry is the 360 gets the ****ty version of the game while the XBO gets all the fancy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Axton Fancy Wool

Yeah im hopeful of something good to be honest.
    This version has really drained me so i really want to be wowed, my worry is the 360 gets the ****ty version of the game while the XBO gets all the fancy stuff.

its likely what will happen generally they gear the second game on the next gen towards next gen consoles so the 360 version unfortunately will likely only be thrown together

No difference at all mate. We all were rookies at one stage. The best way to improve is by playing in the league as we play proper NFL style, e.g. punting on 4th downs which doesn't happen online against random players.[/quote]

Im new so ill have get used to your rules, i only drive on fourth when in a metre of a td,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Madden 15 features this gimmicky tackle cone. That was a three or four year run with no ridiculous gimmicks so it had to come to an end eventually I guess. I'm already praying that it can be turned off as it makes the game look far too arcade-like with it on:

Bptkh4BCYAITKQi.jpg:large

Here's some of the presentation, it's only a couple of minutes long. The "perfect" sign flashing up when shedding a block, ugh. Again something I hope can be turned off due to its arcade-ness. The camera being behind you on defense will be interesting, I can imagine that will take some getting used to.

I liked this tweet:
    Shace Holdu @ShaceHoldu
    Madden 50 will have a loading screen that says "Madden NFL 15 featured the controversial 'tackle cone' which was removed the following yr."

:pac::pac:

There should be some gameplay videos up over the next day or two anyway as the guy giving the presentation said he invites people at E3 to come play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The arcade style you speak of with the perfect and button hints, its the training segment. Like we had in madden 25 for showing us the new moves for running backs.

I for one cant stand people who just blast the hit stick every time they get there chance. its far to easy to use. Im just hoping for a more AI orientated pass coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Every year they talk about using the best camera angles and directors for the presentation. You'd think one of them would get it right eventually. Everybody just skips it after the first few times of watching anyway, I'm not sure why they always point presentation out as a feature.

I really hope they make it so that when the CPU wins the coin toss they don't choose to receive every single time, it's been annoying me for years!

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    Im just hoping for a more AI orientated pass coverage.

Looks like it's something that will be improved on at least. The disguised defenses are a nice touch, presuming there'll be no easy way to find out what they're in.
    ZONE/MAN COVERAGE IMPROVEMENTS

Zone Coverage ratings now have a bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws. Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws.

Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by player traits.

Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats. Some things to look out for include smarter principles (no more out route abuse!), improved head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as better pursuit and tackling ability.

Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defender.

New to Madden NFL 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.

Advertisement