Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sql, phpmyadmin and dreamweaver

Options
  • 12-05-2012 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone!

Quick question from a newbie - doing a website with members, login, database, admin etc when building the database does it have to be perfect before I link it to dreamweaver or can I alter it subsiquetly? Will changes update automatically if it is doable?

Hope I`m makin sense, thanks!

Justa quick note to make clear I mean like adding a table or something obviously not adding stuff to the tables which is the purpose in the first place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

no, you can use Dreamweaver for developing in PHP too, you just need to set it up
    see: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/setup_php.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Hi theg81der - you use phpmyadmin to administer the database. You use DW to code your pages - in your pages you will open a db connection with your code and use sql statements to retrieve/insert/update/drop data or whatever you're doing - but your code will first just connect to the db as is ... I'm not sure how else to say it I hope you get what I'm saying.

Basically yes you can connect to the database as is and work with the data either by using sql statements in your own php pages or by logging into phpmyadmin and doing it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

To be more precise - can I add tables afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

yes, anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭adigilani

As previous reply states...
    you use phpmyadmin to play around with MySQL server... and dreamviewer is used for coding...

there is no one stopping you from actually insert the queries in the PHP pages and manipulate database without phpmyadmin on the fly...

for example.... you can have an html page where you can ask for a database name, table name and field name in a html form and when form is submitted you can catch the input in a PHP page and open SQL server connection and create database...

phpmyadmin is an open sourse package which is collection of different html and PHP pages to manipulate the s server... that is all... you can do everything from MySQL console too or you can write your own version of phpmyadmin

dreamviewer can be configured with your webserver on local or remote machine so it can display dynamic result of executed PHP page...

hope my post makes things more clear...
    theg81der wrote: »
    To be more precise - can I add tables afterwards?

• Advertisement
Advertisement